• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 training camp thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He needs to have a good attitude. But I did criticize the trade and was roundly chastised for it . As I see it he has done ok and he can bounce back

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva a throw and catch.

BMitch is not always accurate. Dotson has said how much he loves DQ etc. I heard a rumor that they want him to be more physical. I will be disappointed if he fails here because I know he has the skill. If he gets cut here he will make it somewhere else.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't the coaches but the last line sounds like Dotson played well today.
Only thing I've heard negative about Dotson is his lack of ability to get off the line when pressed and his blocking.

Supposedly, Dotson missed a huge block on the Terry bubble that could have resulted in Terry scoring. I'd have to go back and look at it again.

You can always line Dotson up in bunch formation if it's really that bad, but he was killing it before he got hurt his rookie year. He can play in this league.

For some reason I'm not worried about Jahan. I understand the concern. If he doesn't trip over his own feet he scores vs the Jets last week. Guy tugged on his jersey a little too.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva a throw and catch.

BMitch is not always accurate. Dotson has said how much he loves DQ etc. I heard a rumor that they want him to be more physical. I will be disappointed if he fails here because I know he has the skill. If he gets cut here he will make it somewhere else.
he is more than not.
Only thing I've heard negative about Dotson is his lack of ability to get off the line when pressed and his blocking.

Supposedly, Dotson missed a huge block on the Terry bubble that could have resulted in Terry scoring. I'd have to go back and look at it again.

You can always line Dotson up in bunch formation if it's really that bad, but he was killing it before he got hurt his rookie year. He can play in this league.

For some reason I'm not worried about Jahan. I understand the concern. If he doesn't trip over his own feet he scores vs the Jets last week. Guy tugged on his jersey a little too.
he tends to drop catchable passes.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

any decent gm would have picked olave.
The draft is over and all I'll say about trading down is sometimes less is more, or is it more is less? Now that we're here, I'm not worried about Jahan, the question is how do they best utilize him? Like Terry at WR2, Dotson would terrorize as the slot guy. I think that the move to sign Martavis Bryant is nothing more than an exploratory one, with those moves in mind. I'm not sure who they have in mind and perhaps they'll keep Bryant around for 2024 with an eye on next year's free agents and draft. That said, make no mistake, this group doesn't appear to wait around hoping, they evaluate constantly, and won't hesitate to make a move when it makes sense for the organization and improving the product on the field. Call it if you will... An "uncomfortable status quo."

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is over and all I'll say about trading down is sometimes less is more, or is it more is less? Now that we're here, I'm not worried about Jahan, the question is how do they best utilize him? Like Terry at WR2, Dotson would terrorize as the slot guy. I think that the move to sign Martavis Bryant is nothing more than an exploratory one, with those moves in mind. I'm not sure who they have in mind and perhaps they'll keep Bryant around for 2024 with an eye on next year's free agents and draft. That said, make no mistake, this group doesn't appear to wait around hoping, they evaluate constantly, and won't hesitate to make a move when it makes sense for the organization and improving the product on the field.
it would not shock me at all if peters got a halfway decent offer on datsun,he took it.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is more than not.

he tends to drop catchable passes.
Being a Penn State and Big 10 fan I would bet I watched Dotson more than anyone else .... like Penn State game for three years. He was awesome. I also understand that results in college games does not always equate to the pros.

I have noticed when you get down on a player you stay down on them. That is your choice. I tend to give guys a chance.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this point. I stated the other day if he doesn't make it here I bet he gets picked up and does well somewhere else. I am sticking with that opinion.

Another point I have made more than once is in the two years Dotson has been here he has 11 TD catches, Terry has 9. In those two years Dotson played 5 less games due to injury.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would not shock me at all if peters got a halfway decent offer on datsun,he took it.
Interesting, but I'd wait to see if he can be "that guy" in the slot, however, it wouldn't surprise me to see such a move made. What, in your opinion would constitute a "halfway decent" offer for him?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a Penn State and Big 10 fan I would bet I watched Dotson more than anyone else .... like Penn State game for three years. He was awesome. I also understand that results in college games does not always equate to the pros.

I have noticed when you get down on a player you stay down on them. That is your choice. I tend to give guys a chance.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this point. I stated the other day if he doesn't make it here I bet he gets picked up and does well somewhere else. I am sticking with that opinion.

Another point I have made more than once is in the two years Dotson has been here he has 11 TD catches, Terry has 9. In those two years Dotson played 5 less games due to injury.
hey,if he is halfway decent,I,m all in. outside of year 1,he has,nt to me.