• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Pirates

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say that I'm feeling more optimistic about the Pirates than I have in awhile, which is not saying a lot, I know.

Based on how he hit the second half of last season (.500 slugging) in conjunction with his glove, Ke'Bryan Hayes might compete for NL MVP this year.

Reynolds will likely continue to do what he does, with the offense hinging a lot on how Oneil Cruz and Henry Davis progress/develop. If they do, the Pirates might score a lot of runs in 2024.

The pitching is another matter. I like the extension of Keller, but he needs to show that he can anchor a rotation and Quinn Priester needs to show he is worth the hype he had as a prospect. There is not a lot behind them in the rotation, though I think Roansy Contreres could still develop into something.

Paul Skenes is basically the Pirates Gerrit Cole of this decade. Barring injury, there is about a 90% chance he'll be really good, but there is also a less than 10% chance of him ever agreeing to a second contract with the Pirates.

The "experts" say we will see him in the majors this year, but that is generally not how the Pirates roll, given he was just drafted less than a year ago. Cole had to wait two years.