• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free Agency

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stone was one of the guys I hoped we would go after. I think he can step right in and fix the communication errors in the secondary and pair very nice with Battle. Let Hill play the role that Flowers played a few years ago - he can play man-to-man on tight ends and start working in as a slot corner in relief of Hilton. He has talent, but I think it's best used in the Hilton role. Next year, you hope he is a solution to take over full time for Hilton and he'll be in a contract year.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another good move. So long, Joe Mixon.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems he's a good fit for our offense, and he wasn't even really the starter in Indy.

I guess Joe M's family will have to go shoot up another town.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon by all accounts was a good dude in the lockerroom and to the media. Other than the gun incident, which honestly appears to be a family member issue more than his - he's been a good dude.

The problem was, Mixon, by far, was one of the worst RB's in the NFL last year in advanced metrics. He was bottom 3rd, or dead near last, in: Elusiveness, yards after contact, broken tackle %, and Yards above expectation.

Mixon was a heck of a Bengal for his first few years, but the reality is - he fell off a cliff several years ago in these metrics and it was over shadowed by the poor OL play.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke doing work.

Now - need to re-sign Reader. DT market isn't in favor of the Bengals. They are, likely, going to have to overpay a bit more than they like, but if you are going to do so - better to do it with a guy you know and can keep rather than rolling the dice and overpaying a guy who you don't know how they will fit on the team or the scheme exactly until they get there.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great value. Good chance for Gesicki to show what he can do with a good qb and some other weapons around him. My understanding is that he doesn't block, but Zac doesn't really run the ball much so I suppose it doesn't matter a whole bunch.
Yeah - and if you start to run more out wide with Moss and Brown - you have a bigger guy that *might* be able to block some. Would like to see his block numbers when split out wide or in the slot.

Regardless - he's a TE that is used more like a WR - or has been. Not sure about his time in Miami.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who will be higher on the depth chart at the end of the season, him, or Hudson.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who will be higher on the depth chart at the end of the season, him, or Hudson.
Hudson is a F/A...and hasn't been signed...

So, I'm going to go out on a limb and say - probably not Hudson...LOL

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mixon traded to texans

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Love the Gisecki signing. He's a very skilled pass catcher, more of a glorified WR than a TE. He can be a big red zone target if Higgins is traded

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Gisecki signing. He's a very skilled pass catcher, more of a glorified WR than a TE. He can be a big red zone target if Higgins is traded
Agreed - but I think we can dispense with the Higgins trade stuff.

Bates was not traded.

Williams was not traded.

Higgins won't be traded. It's just not the Bengals MO. They prefer to keep that player and then let them walk in their next year.

I could be wrong, but to get a trade would take a considerable overpay in a draft pick/picks by someone - who would then also need to sign him long-term to a sizable contract. If you are going to do both, you better really think that Higgins can be a top tier #1 WR for your team. Not to think he's not been good - but I don't think Higgins is that good. He's not an AJ Brown, Jefferson, or Chase. Higgins is a solid top tier #2, and maybe a lower end #1 - but he's not going to be worth, IMO, high(er) draft picks plus the need to sign him long-term.

However - if there is a team that brings that kind of deal to the table...I do think you have to really look hard.