• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance he could win the job in MN, Washington, Denver or others if they had interest?

But, hell, wouldn't surprise me at all if he's rather be with his family from mincamp season through training camp.

Certainly not. Why would any of those teams have any interest? Washington has a young QB in place and a younger one coming in a month to take over the franchise. Minnesota signed their guy to bridge to a soon to be determined younger option already. Denver has Stidham to bridge to their eventual franchise decision.

Flacco was a brief human interest story and is at least 50% retired already.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Became an afterthought once the Raiders funneled all their targets to Adams. I could see a Thielen-style bounce back with a new team that actually targets him this year.
He fell out of the playing rotation this past season after being hurt the previous one.

Fucking McDaniels didn't use him and Tre Tucker emerged as a decent #3. Showed some deep speed and is cheaper than Renfrow. We still need to address the right side of the OL.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Became an afterthought once the Raiders funneled all their targets to Adams. I could see a Thielen-style bounce back with a new team that actually targets him this year.

The guy was getting 70+ targets a year the last 2 years. No team is going to give him more than that unless they are dealing with some major injuries or the GM that put together their squad is a moron and doesnt have 2 legit outside WR's. He's not a #2 WR. Much like Thielan in Carolina, he will only get more looks if the offense is completely busted.

I could see a reunion with Carr in the works for him as the replacement for Thomas.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with trying to trade people teams know you have to cut -
the only chance you have for a trade is if two teams want somebody bad enough to get in a bidding war.

looks like that's not going to happen here.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with trying to trade people teams know you have to cut -
the only chance you have for a trade is if two teams want somebody bad enough to get in a bidding war.

looks like that's not going to happen here.
The only reason you trade is if you don’t want go compete with other teams but in this case you will need the cap too. A lower market team that can’t compete is likely to do this like Carolina but these cap hits are so high it is unlikely they find a trade partner

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy was getting 70+ targets a year the last 2 years. No team is going to give him more than that unless they are dealing with some major injuries or the GM that put together their squad is a moron and doesnt have 2 legit outside WR's. He's not a #2 WR. Much like Thielan in Carolina, he will only get more looks if the offense is completely busted.

I could see a reunion with Carr in the works for him as the replacement for Thomas.
37 targets last season. When McDaniels didn't use him right

50 the year before when he was hurt.

103 receptions in 2021.

He is a good guy to have in the slot when .you go with 3 receivers.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a couple of teams have been waiting patiently. One of those guys is probably going to end up on the Bears

Bosa or Mack is welcome to stay in LA and change lockerrooms

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you're reading his stats backwards. He was in the 70s his first two years, not the last 2.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're reading his stats backwards. He was in the 70s his first two years, not the last 2.

Yes I did! But still.

He isnt going to go somewhere and get 100 targets. There WAY too many good WR's in the league already and way too many on the way for him to play a #2 role in an offense unless something went terribly wrong with the team he is going to.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas and Tampa have not signed any FA's yet. Just resigned guys that were already on their team.

Think NO signed one player. LB that last suited up for the Chiefs.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I did! But still.

He isnt going to go somewhere and get 100 targets. There WAY too many good WR's in the league already and way too many on the way for him to play a #2 role in an offense unless something went terribly wrong with the team he is going to.
He can go somewhere and get 85 or so as a slot receiver. That is just 5 targets per game.

He can play. If given a shot.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas and Tampa have not signed any FA's yet. Just resigned guys that were already on their team.

Think NO signed one player. LB that last suited up for the Chiefs.

That usually isnt that bad of a thing.

We always forget this time of year because this part of the offseason is really exciting.....but more than half the players being signed right now are going to be major disappointments for their signing teams. And a ton wont see the end of the contracts they are signing. Just the nature of free agency. Year after year the "winner" of free agency usually isnt much better than they were the previous season and a lot of times get worse.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can go somewhere and get 85 or so as a slot receiver. That is just 5 targets per game.

He can play. If given a shot.
Like Shopson said....Buffalo would be perfect. Maybe NO since he is familiar with Carr. Chicago since all they have is Moore right now.