• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think moving up is the wrong move period if the bears are stupid enough to pass on willliams . they wont be much like the colts were with andrew luck . the bears arent trading out while they settle for fields and passing on the next "great" qb . they botched the mahomes draft , they wont do it again
Nah, I don't want to trade up either. If a stud a LT is there, maybe package the 2s and move back into the first. Not sure I even want to do that, but I would understand it.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred Smoot who watches a ton of college football just called Jayden Daniels RG4. Said he only has one year of success. Saw him have two first round WRs and lose every big game. He thinks Skins should be aggressive in trying to get Caleb, but at the minimum, is guaranteed Maye.

Said with Maye he sees Herbert, but also sees a little Ryan Leaf. Wonders how much better Maye can get.

Said the media does this every year and pumps up average QBs. Said Bo Nix and Pennix are Zack Wilson. Old guys that refused to leave the campus.

His grade on Howell was an incomplete. Said we've seen is floor. If his floor is 4k yards and 20 td's thats good. Said he hit the rookie wall, but if his floor is what it was with no line he's fine. Did say Sam had every opportunity to make sure we wouldn't be in position to draft a QB and it didnt happen. Said with a new owner, time is not on his side. Made it seem like a foregone conclusion that they will go QB at 2.
My knock on daniels is the big game problem as well.
I believe he did beat bama in 2022 and led his team in a crushing bowl win in 2022 against Purdue.

His 2022 stats were awful, but nowhere near his 2023 stats. One year explosions are always a concern to me. Jamin Davis is an example, however, any reasonable GM would have gone a different direction than Rivera in thar draft.

Outside of 1 off the chart year, loads of tslent around them, and scramble ability, that is where the rg3 comparisons should stop.

Rg3 had an injury history, I do not believe daniels does.
Rg3 lit up crappy big 12 defenses, daniels torched the sec.
Rg3 was a diva who ran track, there is no evidence of that with daniels.

Not seeing it Smoot. Williams is the diva...not daniels.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he did beat bama in 2022 and led his team in a crushing bowl win in 2022 against Purdue.

His 2022 stats were awful, but nowhere near his 2023 stats. One year explosions are always a concern to me. Jamin Davis is an example, however, any reasonable GM would have gone a different direction than Rivera in thar draft.

Outside of 1 off the chart year, loads of tslent around them, and scramble ability, that is where the rg3 comparisons should stop.

Sheehan did push back. Sheehan is all in on Daniels. Said RG3 had straight line speed. Said Daniels has much better vision as a runner and said LSU's defense was the cause for most of those big losses.

If Jayden is 2012 RG3 and I can get that version of RG3 for 15 years, where do I sign?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the esteemed sty brought this up , where are the other guys "big game " wins ? williams ? no maye ? no penix ? yes , (despite the nat) nix ? no . macarthy ? yes . so do we draft mccarthy ? LOL . the question i missed on my early bashing is did these qbs get the most out of their team mates and give the best records their teams could ? USC wasnt a contender , nor was UNC . penix had washington in the title game

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the esteemed sty brought this up , where are the other guys "big game " wins ? williams ? no maye ? no penix ? yes , (despite the nat) nix ? no . macarthy ? yes . so do we draft mccarthy ? LOL . the question i missed on my early bashing is did these qbs get the most out of their team mates and give the best records their teams could ? USC wasnt a contender , nor was UNC . penix had washington in the title game
I've never put a lot of stock in that. Yeah, it helps to see how a guy performs on the big stage, but it's never been the end all be all for me.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke, I agree with you Daniels is a great talent but if he was a slam dunk like you think he is, should he be the #1 overall guy? b/c we all know Williams has the off-field drama and why would a team picking #1 want to deal with that? Im now leaning towards Daniels b/c our line is not going to be able to protect a Maye style QB right away.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never put a lot of stock in that. Yeah, it helps to see how a guy performs on the big stage, but it's never been the end all be all for me.
Sorry, I meant 2022 stats for daniels were not awful. Sorry.

I have concerns about daniels as well. As stated many times, if I had a crystal ball, I would look 10 or 15 years down the road and take whoever was the best. It could be Nix or McCarthy. I have no idea. It could be Sam howell actually?

If you hate the guy, nor you kbso, then that is fine. But making up stuff is silly.

Claiming daniels might be rg3 2.0 and not having the same concerns about williams is irresponsible in my opinion. Williams is gifted, but he is extremely immature and his father is lavar ball or joeseph Jackson like. Williams also fell apart this year in big games. The constant rumors about demanding where he wants to be drafting, threatening to return to school due to money, and requiring partial ownership of his new team were never addressed by him or his father. Running to his mother after a game and crying was odd to me. Maybe she is ill or going through a hard time?

Does this sound more like rg3 or daniels?

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have concerns about daniels as well. As stated many times, if I had a crystal ball, I would look 10 or 15 years down the road and take whoever was the best. It could be Nix or McCarthy. I have no idea. It could be Sam howell actually?

If you hate the guy, nor you kbso, then that is fine. But making up stuff is silly.

Claiming daniels might be rg3 2.0 and not having the same concerns about williams is irresponsible in my opinion. Williams is gifted, but he is extremely immature and his father is lavar ball or joeseph Jackson like. Williams also fell apart this year in big games. The constant rumors about demanding where he wants to be drafting, threatening to return to school due to money, and requiring partial ownership of his new team were never addressed by him or his father. Running to his mother after a game and crying was odd to me. Maybe she is ill or going through a hard time?

if he,s rg3 the newer version that,s more of a reason to stay away from him.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My red flags for Williams are all the ones you just listed. I'm just not ready to say he's gonna be a bust because of them. I'm just not there.

My red flag for Daniels is his body type.
Sam got absolutely destroyed this year and got up every time. Maybe Daniels avoids some of that punishment with his legs, and maybe some of that was on Sam, but I can look at Daniels and see there is no way he would be able to withstand what Sam did last year.

Red flag with Maye is level of competition. Had a down year for his standard and I'm hearing the same stuff around him as I did with Sam. "Oh, he lost his line, he lost all his weapons."

I actually like all three though. Caleb will be gone. I'm just gonna trust Peters to make the call. My fingers are crossed that he likes Jayden. If he likes Maye more, who am I to argue?

In the past, I could get worked up over a draft pick who I didn't want them to take because of who was doing the selecting. Dan is just a fan, not even that, a casual. I promise you I could have done a better job of building a roster than Dan, Vinny, and Bruce.

Peters is different. He's a professional. I will most certainly defer to his judgment and give him the benefit of the doubt. He's grinded. He's put the work in.

I have a sneaking suspicion we stole the brains of that operation.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
duke, I agree with you Daniels is a great talent but if he was a slam dunk like you think he is, should he be the #1 overall guy? b/c we all know Williams has the off-field drama and why would a team picking #1 want to deal with that? Im now leaning towards Daniels b/c our line is not going to be able to protect a Maye style QB right away.
Because bad teams make bad decisions Dean. The nba is full of teams that repeatedly draft in the lottery and cannot get out of it. They squander draft picks on a yearly basis.

I never said he was a slam dunk. I have said I have concerns as well. I simply think he is the best qb in this class based off of 2022 and 2023 numbers compared to his peers. Daniels still has concerns as well such as frame, game style of play, and ability to perform with equal or lesser talent than his opponents. Yes, he had more talent than other teams, but so did tua and Jalen hurts.

The bears are not a smart organization and could be willing to deal with the Williams circus if it puts butts in the stands. I do question the mental toughness of williams. Again, running to his mother and crying after a game is just strange to me.
His body language after the utah loss was unacceptable to me. Keep in mind, williams dad also appears to be lavar ball and is his publicist. I am not interested in having that head ache.

I like maye as well. I am very concerned about his high int ratio and general drop in overall production in 2023.

Why is williams or maye consistently rated higher than daniels? I have no clue.

Why was Mitchell trubisky and deshaun Watson rated higher than Patrick mahomes in 2017?

Why was Paxton lynch and Christian hackenberg rated higher than dak Prescott in 2016?

There are dozens of examples of the wrong qbs being rated higher than others.

Daniels could be a flop and out of the league in 3 years. Maye might be the next Dan Marino and Williams could be the next Tom Brady. We don't know. What we do know is that the reasons for criticizing daniels are becoming more and more absurd.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My red flags for Williams are all the ones you just listed. I'm just not ready to say he's gonna be a bust because of them. I'm just not there.

My red flag for Daniels is his body type.
Sam got absolutely destroyed this year and got up every time. Maybe Daniels avoids some of that punishment with his legs, and maybe some of that was on Sam, but I can look at Daniels and see there is no way he would be able to withstand what Sam did last year.

Red flag with Maye is level of competition. Had a down year for his standard and I'm hearing the same stuff around him as I did with Sam. "Oh, he lost his line, he lost all his weapons."

I actually like all three though. Caleb will be gone. I'm just gonna trust Peters to make the call. My fingers are crossed that he likes Jayden. If he likes Maye more, who am I to argue?

In the past, I could get worked up over a draft pick who I didn't want them to take because of who was doing the selecting. Dan is just a fan, not even that, a casual. I promise you I could have done a better job of building a roster than Dan, Vinny, and Bruce.

Peters is different. He's a professional. I will most certainly defer to his judgment and give him the benefit of the doubt. He's grinded. He's put the work in.

I have a sneaking suspicion we stole the brains of that operation.
Williams could very well go into interviews and work outs and claim he has no idea where those rumors started and he never said anything of that nature.

Maybe Lincoln Riley told him to not address rumors during the season? Maybe williams has a glory seeking father like mahomes and his brother.

Williams size is a concern as well.
That being said, one would think he should have addressed the rumors and put them to bed? Maybe he has a bad inner circle advising him?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams could very well go into interviews and work outs and claim he has no idea where those rumors started and he never said anything of that nature.

Maybe Lincoln Riley told him to not address rumors during the season? Maybe williams has a glory seeking father like mahomes and his brothers.

Williams size is a concern as well.
That being said, one would think he should have addressed the rumors and put them to bed? Maybe he has a bad inner circle advising him?
Yes! I forgot about him being 6'1. I posted a while back that Williams height and Jayden's 40 and passing drills are what I want to see most at the combine.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes! I forgot about him being 6'1. I posted a while back that Williams height and Jayden's 40 and passing drills are what I want to see most at the combine.
That is a big flag to me as well.

I am not writing off Williams, I am just shocked that so called experts aren't concerned with the drama and lack of height.

Again, williams could be the victim of bad advice here? Maybe he has been duped.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a big flag to me as well.

I am not writing off Williams, I am just shocked that so called experts aren't concerned with the drama and lack of height.

Again, williams could be the victim of bad advice here? Maybe he has been duped.
Williams is the definition of boom or bust. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a big decision we have to make at #2. IS the option to role with Howell off the table?
Only? Probably. But we can trade back a spot or two and still get a qb and maybe one of the top 4 LTs.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because bad teams make bad decisions Dean. The nba is full of teams that repeatedly draft in the lottery and cannot get out of it. They squander draft picks on a yearly basis.

I never said he was a slam dunk. I have said I have concerns as well. I simply think he is the best qb in this class based off of 2022 and 2023 numbers compared to his peers. Daniels still has concerns as well such as frame, game style of play, and ability to perform with equal or lesser talent than his opponents. Yes, he had more talent than other teams, but so did tua and Jalen hurts.

The bears are not a smart organization and could be willing to deal with the Williams circus if it puts butts in the stands. I do question the mental toughness of williams. Again, running to his mother and crying after a game is just strange to me.
His body language after the utah loss was unacceptable to me. Keep in mind, williams dad also appears to be lavar ball and is his publicist. I am not interested in having that head ache.

I like maye as well. I am very concerned about his high int ratio and general drop in overall production in 2023.

Why is williams or maye consistently rated higher than daniels? I have no clue.

Why was Mitchell trubisky and deshaun Watson rated higher than Patrick mahomes in 2017?

Why was Paxton lynch and Christian hackenberg rated higher than dak Prescott in 2016?

There are dozens of examples of the wrong qbs being rated higher than others.

Daniels could be a flop and out of the league in 3 years. Maye might be the next Dan Marino and Williams could be the next Tom Brady. We don't know. What we do know is that the reasons for criticizing daniels are becoming more and more absurd.

I remember you saying it was a certainty Daniels over Maye. Meaning he was your guy. I get your post. you never really know. We have to make that decision at #2.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How valid are the rumors that Williams would not play here (and a lot of other places)?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you saying it was a certainty Daniels over Maye. Meaning he was your guy. I get your post. you never really know. We have to make that decision at #2.
Correct, talent wise and as a prospect, i have daniels over maye.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, talent wise and as a prospect, i have daniels over maye.

What do you think of this: Bears take Willaims, we trade down with the Cards, Cards take MHJ, Pats take QB, and we take the QB that Pats didnt take. IN the trade down we pick up a 3rd, maybe 2nd?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of this: Bears take Willaims, we trade down with the Cards, Cards take MHJ, Pats take QB, and we take the QB that Pats didnt take. IN the trade down we pick up a 3rd, maybe 2nd?
I am not a hypothetical type of fan with drafts and such. You listed several hypothetical moves and such in your question.
I am the wrong person to ask that to. Sorry.