• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake Maye is reportedly thought to be “hands down” the first overall pick favorite, if Caleb Williams stays in school for another season by many NFL scouts.

Many NFL scouts reportedly believe Maye’s arm talent could translate and be considered “elite” in the NFL right away.

Multiple NFL scouts also believe Maye would be the first overall pick in a “majority” of drafts from the past decade.

Maye has already received comparisons to names like Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow by scouts and analysts alike.

The Tar Heels QB is something ELSE

Shack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake Maye is reportedly thought to be “hands down” the first overall pick favorite, if Caleb Williams stays in school for another season by many NFL scouts.

Many NFL scouts reportedly believe Maye’s arm talent could translate and be considered “elite” in the NFL right away.

Multiple NFL scouts also believe Maye would be the first overall pick in a “majority” of drafts from the past decade.

Maye has already received comparisons to names like Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow by scouts and analysts alike.

The Tar Heels QB is something ELSE
Becareful on Maye. Look at the competition he went against last season. He put up huge numbers against inferior competition to get out to a 9-0 start I think it was. He then was essentially outplayed by no name QB's in 4 consecutive loses to GT, NC State, Clemson and Oregon. The first 3 defenses all employed a 3-3-5 defense and Maye didn't look like anything special. He didn't have great numbers in week 1 wins aganst SC and App State this year. The Minnesota game was the first really goo game he has had in 7 straight games

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Becareful on Maye. Look at the competition he went against last season. He put up huge numbers against inferior competition to get out to a 9-0 start I think it was. He then was essentially outplayed by no name QB's in 4 consecutive loses to GT, NC State, Clemson and Oregon. The first 3 defenses all employed a 3-3-5 defense and Maye didn't look like anything special. He didn't have great numbers in week 1 wins aganst SC and App State this year. The Minnesota game was the first really goo game he has had in 7 straight games
The more starts he get the more he learns

Shackl4d23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, let me preface this.
The more starts he get the more he learns
ok let me preface this. Some of you know I’m and NC State guy and I watch a lot of ACC football. That is why the was strongly hyping up Drake Thomas and still do. At some point i will start talking about Payton Wilson. The kid is an absolute beast and he has every measurable you can ask for. But his issues is injuries because he plays with reckless abandon. It is his blessing and a curse at the same time.

I watch a lot of UNC football. Their last 4 years has been 2 with Sam Howell and now Drake Maye in his 2nd year. You have to remember that Sam was being projected as a top 3 pick going into his last year. But UNC had a horrible o line and and a bad defense and it was a subpar season but it didn’t change anything about Sam, it actually increased his rushing. As much as I hate UNC, I thought Sam was the real deal. I said this summer that Sam would have been the best QB in the last draft and that would take him of Stroud, AR, Levi’s and Bryce Young. Maye shit the bed against every team with a legit defense in his last 4 games last season and did not play well the first 2 weeks of this season. I think Sam Howell is a better QB than Drake Maye and I don’t even think it’s really even close. What h what happens the last 3 games of the season when UNC finishes with a home game against Duke then plays at Clemson and at State. I bet he has similar games as he did in those losses last season. I would easily take Caleb Williams and Shedure Sanders and probably even Ewers over Maye. I would not at all be surprised to see Maye turn in to Mitch Turbisky once he gets to the NFL. He is not the sure fire lock that every one thinks. In regards to Howell, I see a lot of similarities that Russell Wilson had his first 10 years in the league. If you go back to my comments this summer before training camp even started, you see that I made these comments in regards to Howell

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clearly haven't given up on Howell, but my goodness, Caleb Williams looks legit.

I think a team is going to be lucky to get him and he will be an NFL franchise qb.

Lincoln Riley = the qb whisperer

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a Samuel replacement. Im usually able to get him in the 4th.