• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Hunt?

I remember talking about Miami fans last year about their OL. Drafting OL early in the draft doesn't guarantee you anything. Same thing happened to my Vikings. Spend all these early picks on OL and still have one of the worst OL's in the league.

One of the worst positions to draft 2nd tier players early the last 5 years or so has been OL. Drafting the 6th-12th best OL in the late 1st round thru the 2nd round has not been a good plan. Which is weird because that used to be a good investment previously comparatively speaking.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals officially in the race for Stephon Gillmore. Let’s do this!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised guys like Clowney, Ingram, Armstead, Gilmore and even Bobby Wagner are still available in free agency. Lot of Pro Bowls in that list of players.

They're either being very selective and/or expecting more money than the market will bear. Rams still have $16M in cap space left currently and still have EDGE/CB/LB needs; do they try to fit all 3 into that number, or one big hit at one position? Or is that money slated for Odell?

Havenstein's retirement should also free up another $7M or so.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC is for the Bengals to lose now. We can use a corner though.
I'm not so sure about that. Getting just a little too cocky IMO. Yes, they made and could have won the SB, but they weren't the best team last year and a lot of AFC teams have also improved themselves on paper this year. Are the yin the mix right now? Definitely, but so are a few other teams too

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that. Getting just a little too cocky IMO. Yes, they made and could have won the SB, but they weren't the best team last year and a lot of AFC teams have also improved themselves on paper this year. Are the yin the mix right now? Definitely, but so are a few other teams too
Yeah, the AFC is gonna be WILD this year.

Health is going to be paramount. It is every year, of course, but this year even more so. So many teams are loading up - if you sustain a few key injuries you could see a quick drop from 10-11 wins down to 7-8 - and with the amount of teams upgrading this off-season, that isn't going to do it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, the Bengals had everything go right for them last year. They are definitely contenders especially the way they rebuilt that line but the AFC got a whole lot better. You could say other teams got better than Bengals. It's really a coin toss, one or two injuries could dramatically tilt the AFC...I mean look what happened to Baltimore last season in training camp. There are legitimately 7 or 8 teams that contenders in the AFC which is crazy. Hard to tell at this point considering that is just all on paper bc some of these big moves won't look as good come end of the season.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add the Colts in the mix too. Ryan is no great QB at this point in his career but he is better than Wentz

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Dolphin man :nono:, he came to his senses. Bengals got him :clap:

It could be that he was waiting on an offer from Miami and it never came as they want Armstead. They are both good but I do Worry about Collins he's had issues. Either one would still be worth the risk so hopefully it's Armstead now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add the Colts in the mix too. Ryan is no great QB at this point in his career but he is better than Wentz

The rumor is that this is a done deal and it only took a 3rd round pick. Ryan probably has almost no value now due to his age and actively wanting to get out of Atlanta.

edit - This would be huge if true. Ryan on paper is on par with what Rivers was doing when he joined the Colts. The difference is that Rivers had talent on the Chargers and Ryan does not. Ryan could in theory outperform Rivers...which would be huge for the Colts.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's more than I anticipated ATL would get for Ryan

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
done at only $16M this year. A much better move than Baker would have been. Much better QB.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember talking about Miami fans last year about their OL. Drafting OL early in the draft doesn't guarantee you anything. Same thing happened to my Vikings. Spend all these early picks on OL and still have one of the worst OL's in the league.

One of the worst positions to draft 2nd tier players early the last 5 years or so has been OL. Drafting the 6th-12th best OL in the late 1st round thru the 2nd round has not been a good plan. Which is weird because that used to be a good investment previously comparatively speaking.
Good point on the OL in the draft--OLinemen used to be one of the safest picks in the draft.

Good move for the Colts if they can land him. They've got the running game and defense, so Ryan pushes them from a playoff team to a SB-contender.

The rumor is that this is a done deal and it only took a 3rd round pick. Ryan probably has almost no value now due to his age and actively wanting to get out of Atlanta.
I can't believe they shipped out a franchise level QB for a 3rd rd pick. Were they that desperate for cap space? With a 3rd coming back, that hardly helps them land another QB. Looks more like tanking for an early pick in 2023.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be that he was waiting on an offer from Miami and it never came as they want Armstead. They are both good but I do Worry about Collins he's had issues. Either one would still be worth the risk so hopefully it's Armstead now.

Armstead is the VASTLY superior OL. Not even all that close. But he is going to cost a ton.

Collins is average at best. There is a reason there wasnt a real fight for him. Him agreeing to a very small 2 year $20M deal just shows that teams were "fighting" to give him a very measured contract. The deal is about 40% less than the best RT's in football make. Essentially signed a George Fant contract. He is a patch, not a piece. Armstead is a piece (but will also get paid like one).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
done at only $16M this year. A much better move than Baker would have been. Much better QB.

Wait. Who pays the $7.5M roster bonus? I guess Indy so it's more like $24M for this year but still a QB that can win vs a guy like Baker who just kills you

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, its a game changer, though. Ryan on the Colts turns the Colts into a SB contender for the next 2-3 years. Probably on par with Tennessee
Yeah maybe not tier one but they are right in the thick of things and right there with TEN. AFC is loaded...it continues

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL Arden Key is vising the Lions.