• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023- DCFFL Draft Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last guy was a dummy. We saw that when an aged career ST coach came in and fired coaches with no real replacements, tweaked the starters and won a few games.

I think switching Hack job with Payton is worth 3-4 of those close losses alone. Frankly I'll be disappointed (barring injuries, etc.) if we don't have at least 9-10 wins this year.
Hacket definitely seemed like he was in over his head but now that Payton called him out publicly as being an awful coach, he has put himself on the hot seat because now if this team doesn't overperform last year (which should be easy right??) then he is going to look like a clown. It sucks that the Broncos have to play KC and LAC each twice. Outside of those four games, I could see Denver being around 500.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a fan of Payton doing that. I don't think he needed to. Everyone already knew. Wasn't a great look for him. Overall, don't really care that much though. He said what everyone already knew but shouldn't have said it. I think that was the analyst and not the head coach coming out in him. Hopefully he remembers what he is doing now. ;)

• Bullseye
Reactions: LGM

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hacket definitely seemed like he was in over his head but now that Payton called him out publicly as being an awful coach, he has put himself on the hot seat because now if this team doesn't overperform last year (which should be easy right??) then he is going to look like a clown. It sucks that the Broncos have to play KC and LAC each twice. Outside of those four games, I could see Denver being around 500.
The things we saw as fans (in person at games and on tv) were things you'd find at the HS level. So his calling out Hackett and still going with 5 or 6 wins wouldn't be viewed the same way. This of course assumes we don't consistently have delay of game penalties, are short players in the huddle, consistently have false starts (though the holding calls this year seem bad already), or have similar injuries at key positions.

The team I've seen play the past two weeks is already light-years ahead of what was on the field at any time last year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The things we saw as fans (in person at games and on tv) were things you'd find at the HS level. So his calling out Hackett and still going with 5 or 6 wins wouldn't be viewed the same way. This of course assumes we don't consistently have delay of game penalties, are short players in the huddle, consistently have false starts (though the holding calls this year seem bad already), or have similar injuries at key positions.

The team I've seen play the past two weeks is already light-years ahead of what was on the field at any time last year.

Last year was a mess. It was hard to stomach.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a fan of Payton doing that. I don't think he needed to. Everyone already knew. Wasn't a great look for him. Overall, don't really care that much though. He said what everyone already knew but shouldn't have said it. I think that was the analyst and not the head coach coming out in him. Hopefully he remembers what he is doing now. ;)
He admitted as much saying he shouldn’t have said that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the old coach's playbook. By making the comments he did Payton took the pressure off his players and put it on himself. The added benefit is he gets to live inside Hacket's head.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Puka Nakua Rams

Talking about picking a player based on liking his name….

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the old coach's playbook. By making the comments he did Payton took the pressure off his players and put it on himself. The added benefit is he gets to live inside Hacket's head.
Ha, I've never looked at it that way, but that makes sense. Crazy like a fox.

• Bullseye
Reactions: LGM

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love your ability to see things in a different way. If I was a player, I would run through a brick wall for you. ;)

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew there were enough running backs left to have a mini run!

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did we make it all the way back to @eaglesnut before his bed time?

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will be it for the night. He just sent one proxy. We’ve made good time so it’s all good.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Hodgins whom should get the redzone targets, I like Parris to produce most in that Giants offense. Of course his health is always a question.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides Hodgins whom should get the redzone targets, I like Parris to produce most in that Giants offense. Of course his health is always a question.

Giants WR core should be interesting. I probably see it different then you. Hodgins was great last year coming off the Bills PS and I expect that to carry over with him. He has awesome hands, balance and he gets open. Very much underdrafted coming out of Oregon State. A guy who I loved at Oregon State and he put up great numbers. Speed hurt his draft stock and he ended up going to a rather deep Bills WR core. When he finally got his opportunity he showed his speed isn't what is going to hold him back from being a good WR in the NFL. Campbell is a guy I have never been high on (and this means nothing) just felt he really underachieved in college and now at the pro level. Big part of that is he can't stay healthy. Hyatt has out played him in camp and in PS thus far. I think teaming with Daboll might help Campbell though as long as he can finally stay healthy. Hyatt probably cuts more into Slayton then Campbell. Hyatt appears to be on the verge of winning a starting job and should be the Giants deep threat. I think where Campbell may run into trouble is depending on how fast Wan'Dale recovers. Campbell is a solid pick here. I just like Wan'Dale more. Issue with Wan'Dale is he probably isn't going to be ready for the start of the season and who knows how quickly he can make an impact coming off the knee injury. He was very impressive last year. Took a flyer on Wan'Dale because I love the guy and figured maybe down the line I will use him. Either way I am not starting 3 Giants WR's. I just need one to be really good and maybe one more to fill in if injury occurs or a bye week issue happens. Took Robinson for the upside that I see in him. Just a guy I REALLY like. I guess you could say I like the Giants WR core this year. ;)

It is very possible Campbell may break out this year. I just have my doubts but he is a great flyer at this point of the draft.

Funny thing for me is. I drafted 3 Giants WR's that I REALLY like but none of them are in my top 4 drafted WR core this year. 5,6,7. I think I will be able to use Hodgins as starter when I need/want to. He was an every week start for me late last year once I finally gave up on Elijah Moore doing anything. (Hill, Olave, Hodgins) Hyatt and Robinson more just later flyers of players I personally like and think can contribute if needed. Maybe neither right away though which I don't need them to right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.