• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023- DCFFL Draft Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The “favorite team sucks” part is true.
I guess depends on the definition of “sucks”. ;) I’m hopeful they will be right around .500 this year 9-8 or 8-9, which is at least a step in the right direction. And I wouldn’t define that as sucks. Probably about the same as my DCFFL team.

Well, other than sucks with draft position.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess depends on the definition of “sucks”. ;) I’m hopeful they will be right around .500 this year 9-8 or 8-9, which is at least a step in the right direction. And I wouldn’t define that as sucks. Probably about the same as my DCFFL team.

Well, other than sucks with draft position.
8-9 is the perpetual black hole of nfl suck: no playoffs, no great draft pick slots. Plus, if the Broncos go 8-9 thatcwould also mean that Russ does better but is still not elite which means the team will likely keep him around rather than ripping off the bandaid after the season. I hope the best for Russ this year but have my doubts.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-9 is the perpetual black hole of nfl suck: no playoffs, no great draft pick slots. Plus, if the Broncos go 8-9 thatcwould also mean that Russ does better but is still not elite which means the team will likely keep him around rather than ripping off the bandaid after the season. I hope the best for Russ this year but have my doubts.

My friend. When you have been as bad as Denver has been the past few years 8-9 is a good thing. We are tired of sucking. I would much rather go 8-9 this year with a new coach then win 5 games again. Sure, if you get stuck there for 5-7 years it sucks going 8-9 but this team needs improvement in the worst way possible. In our situation 8-9 is a good thing. It is a step in the right direction with a new HC... With Russ's contract we aren't really hoping to rip the band aid off yet because it is a pretty expensive tear this early in his contract. So, I will take 8-9 this year and head into another offseason and 2nd year with Payton and hope for continued improvement.

We know you hate Russ. ;)

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend. When you have been as bad as Denver has been the past few years 8-9 is a good thing. We are tired of sucking. I would much rather go 8-9 this year with a new coach then win 5 games again. Sure, if you get stuck there for 5-7 years it sucks going 8-9 but this team needs improvement in the worst way possible. In our situation 8-9 is a good thing. It is a step in the right direction with a new HC... With Russ's contract we aren't really hoping to rip the band aid off yet because it is a pretty expensive tear this early in his contract. So, I will take 8-9 this year and head into another offseason and 2nd year with Payton and hope for continued improvement.

We know you hate Russ. ;)
No single player has done more for the seahawks than Russ. He got us our only superbowl and once he was past his prime he got us an insane haul of picks to allow us to retool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ may not be what he once was but I think he is still going to have a good season and can be one of the better QB's in the NFL. I think the coaching change will make a difference for him. The last guy seemed like a dummy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see. I am not going to sit here and make bold predictions on Denver one way or another. Truth is none of us really know what Russ or the Broncos will be like this year. We can only speculate. I know so far Russ has looked much better but I need to see it come season time. Hard to imagine he will be any worse then last year. Denver has a team should be better but who knows? We never stay healthy. Last year we would have been a much better team had we stayed healthy which never seems to happen for Denver anymore. Russ struggled last year, that is for sure... A lot of things played important factors in that. Not just one thing.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s mostly been downhill for us Badgers fans since Russ left…☹️

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan was never to take 3 Giants WR's. I do like the 3 Giants WR's I took a lot. I didn't expect to draft all of them though... I guess, Go Giants air attack!!!! ;) Robinson may not be ready for the start of the season but I love the guy and figured he is a good stash and store.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mingo going with the old guys!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ may not be what he once was but I think he is still going to have a good season and can be one of the better QB's in the NFL. I think the coaching change will make a difference for him. The last guy seemed like a dummy.

The last guy was a dummy. We saw that when an aged career ST coach came in and fired coaches with no real replacements, tweaked the starters and won a few games.

I think switching Hack job with Payton is worth 3-4 of those close losses alone. Frankly I'll be disappointed (barring injuries, etc.) if we don't have at least 9-10 wins this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last guy was a dummy. We saw that when an aged career ST coach came in and fired coaches with no real replacements, tweaked the starters and won a few games.

I think switching Hack job with Payton is worth 3-4 of those close losses alone. Frankly I'll be disappointed (barring injuries, etc.) if we don't have at least 9-10 wins this year.

Not saying Wilson is still a super freak QB or anything like that but it was pretty telling when Rosburg came in the last two weeks of the season and used Wilson the way he should be used. We saw a way different QB (and team)...

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I sat too long on Chase. Whoever gets that job behind Mixon could have some pretty good games in that offense if Mixon can't hold up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I sat too long on Chase. Whoever gets that job behind Mixon could have some pretty good games in that offense if Mixon can't hold up.

Nearly took him last round. A solid stab at a dart throw this late.

• Bullseye
Reactions: LGM
Status
Not open for further replies.