• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NHL Awards

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the transparency though :thumb:
He’s transparently stupid - He also had Josi fourth in Norris voting, Jeannot over Raymond in Calder voting and Tkachuk over Marner in All Star Team voting but Gaudreau over Kaprizov at LW even though he had Kap over Johnny for Hart lmao

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s transparently stupid - He also had Josi fourth in Norris voting, Jeannot over Raymond in Calder voting and Tkachuk over Marner in All Star Team voting but Gaudreau over Kaprizov at LW even though he had Kap over Johnny for Hart lmao

I wish BBB would stop pulling his punches.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish BBB would stop pulling his punches.
I really can’t get over the Gaudreau/Kaprizov flip flop lol. That’s just so embarrassing from a guy who’s legit all over the National rightsholders’ broadcast/marketing strategy.

If a Leaf wasn’t a front-runner for the Hart that’s the kind of ballot I’d expect from Steve Simmons.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you know what the Norris vote is so much worse. I can’t believe people actually looked at Josi’s season and thought “yeah, three guys were better than this guy who put up points at a pace we haven’t seen from a blue liner since Paul Coffey was good”.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That list, man. It gets so much worse.

Arpon had Josi 2nd in Hart voting behind Igor but didn't have him winning the Norris.

None of the Montreal-based writers appear to have put Matthews first. One left him off the ballot entirely lol. Also learned that Greg Buttons has a Hart vote despite the fact they don't let him talk about men's hockey anymore.

It'd be nice if some people in the media actually started calling out this shit. I said before that I thought McDavid should've won and I still think that but to have AM outside the top 3, let alone the top 5, is just stupid.

/5 people also left Connor off their top 5.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Unfortunately hockey writers are just like you and me, they have the favorites and bias and it bleeds into the voting. It's the reason why I don't put much stock into who wins awards.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you know what the Norris vote is so much worse. I can’t believe people actually looked at Josi’s season and thought “yeah, three guys were better than this guy who put up points at a pace we haven’t seen from a blue liner since Paul Coffey was good”.

According to what I’m seeing, Makar was the better Defensemen, which is what the award is about. He was better than Josi in every category a Defensemen is rated on.

Last edited:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makar was the better Defensemen, which is what the award is about. He was better than Josi in every category a Defensemen is rated on.
Nobody's arguing he isn't? It's more the insanity that writers believe there were 2 defencemen other than Makar that were better than Josi.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Unfortunately hockey writers are just like you and me, they have the favorites and bias and it bleeds into the voting. It's the reason why I don't put much stock into who wins awards.
Nor do I. I'm just having a slow couple of weeks after a frantic spring at work and have time to dig around these things lol. There's only one trophy that matters and writers don't vote for it, referees do.

Plus the inevitable Leaf-haters coming to the fore in such a public light is kinda fun. Not that it'll ever happen but if the Leafs somehow do manage to win a Cup it'll be pretty funny to see how many of these pulitzer winners vote for players on the losing team for the Conn Smythe.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I don't know whether to be proud or annoyed that Twatwaffle didn't throw Werenski at least a 5th place vote

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor do I. I'm just having a slow couple of weeks after a frantic spring at work and have time to dig around these things lol. There's only one trophy that matters and writers don't vote for it, referees do.

Plus the inevitable Leaf-haters coming to the fore in such a public light is kinda fun. Not that it'll ever happen but if the Leafs somehow do manage to win a Cup it'll be pretty funny to see how many of these pulitzer winners vote for players on the losing team for the Conn Smythe.

Greg Buttons had Matthews 5th on his Hart ballot - That should be grounds for taking away his voting rights lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Greg Buttons had Matthews 5th on his Hart ballot - That should be grounds for taking away his voting rights lol
there was one guy who didn't have Matthews OR McJebus in his top 5

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was one guy who didn't have Matthews OR McJebus in his top 5

Obviously, Mark Spector would have had McJebus in his top 5, but Spector is being mocked for a lot of his ballot selections.