• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 draft prospects

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After listening to their first draft podcast, both Kiper and Mcshay believe Pickett is the #1 QB in this draft and will be there at #11. Mcshay also said that he doesn't believe Picket will be an upgrade over Jones for the Giants and has them passing on QB with their 2 first round picks.

So, if we fail to get a big-name veteran QB in FA or trade and we are sitting there at #11 on draft night do we have to pick Pickett at #11 b/c of need? He is an upgrade over TH so we have to take him, right??
Think it through Dean, If Pickett is the best of the lot (I don't think that he's best in this draft for Washington) and both Kiper/McShay see him being there at 11, what does that say about the rest of the field from which IMO, you can get a better fit later?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it through Dean, If Pickett is the best of the lot (I don't think that he's best in this draft for Washington) and both Kiper/McShay see him being there at 11, what does that say about the rest of the field from which IMO, you can get a better fit later?
It means you draft best player available in round 1 and use rounds 2-4 as value adds where you see appropriate which likely lands a Howell, Ridder or Bailey for development purposes.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means you draft best player available in round 1 and use rounds 2-4 as value adds where you see appropriate which likely lands a Howell, Ridder or Bailey for development purposes.
I never quite get the whole "best player available" thing, particularly when "fit' is a primary consideration. Talent is important of course but if that talent doesn't fill a need what good is it? They are building a team and that team requires players who work really well in concert with one another. They simply cannot draft a player because he remains the best of what's left in a draft class!! Need a center, draft the best one remaining, even if there's a better-graded player on the board at another position.

BTW; the value add-ons in this draft are QB's which you can get in round two if you don't over-reach for in round one.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never quite get the whole "best player available" thing, particularly when "fit' is a primary consideration. Talent is important of course but if that talent doesn't fill a need what good is it? They are building a team and that team requires players who work really well in concert with one another. They simply cannot draft a player because he remains the best of what's left in a draft class!! Need a center, draft the best one remaining, even if there's a better-graded player on the board at another position.

BTW; the value add-ons in this draft are QB's which you can get in round two if you don't over-reach for in round one.
So, because we drafted Davis in round 1 last year means look to another position this year? I'm drafting best available at #11 and he will be a starter regardless of whom is in front of him not named Young, Sweat, Allen, Payne, Curl, Gibson, Leno, Rollier or Tmac. Everyone else can compete for a starting job moving forward. I'm applying this rule to round 1 only, after that it basically value add to any position that makes sense for the team.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, because we drafted Davis in round 1 last year means look to another position this year? I'm drafting best available at #11 and he will be a starter regardless of whom is in front of him not named Young, Sweat, Allen, Payne, Curl, Gibson, Leno, Rollier or Tmac. Everyone else can compete for a starting job moving forward. I'm applying this rule to round 1 only, after that it basically value add to any position that makes sense for the team.
Davis was a desperation reach last year, then misused for the entirety of the 2021 season. We really don't know what he is or is capable of in this defense when turned loose. Hell, for all we know, if he were used in the same manner as Parsons, he might have produced greater, or equal results.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was a desperation reach last year, then misused for the entirety of the 2021 season. We really don't know what he is or is capable of in this defense when turned loose. Hell, for all we know, if he were used in the same manner as Parsons, he might have produced greater, or equal results.

I agree with this. If there were anytime to move up for LB with promising traits, we missed it. But then, to misuse Davis, and bench him...makes no sense. However, I believe Davis plays at an all star level in 2 years, if not next season

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this staff doesn't use Tmac that way either so I cannot say for sure anything will change. Dan Quinn is 5x the DC JDR is imo.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking at qb in round 2. , Howell , Strong would be my targets

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way they pass on Pickett at 11. He just got a 90 grade from scouts inc. The pick is justified b/c it's a qb.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they pass on Pickett at 11. He just got a 90 grade from scouts inc. The pick is justified b/c it's a qb.
I don’t think they can afford to pass on him if he is the next Carr . I have heard Wentz as well . I don’t know why sty doesn’t see him as a fit here . I think his mental game is good , his arm is good and he is mobile enough

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think they can afford to pass on him if he is the next Carr . I have heard Wentz as well . I don’t know why sty doesn’t see him as a fit here . I think his mental game is good , his arm is good and he is mobile enough
Because as I see him, his NFL comparison is Josh Rosen.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pickett is really 30, according to his birth certificate. He'll be long gone at 11, Coral may become the face of the armadillos, I'd love to a trade down....but here's the twist.
They trade down, and nail the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See: Josh Rosen
Not even close. Rosen wasn't as mobile as Pickett is. Regardless, its a qb. You have to take the chance, unless they feel a qb in the 2nd round has the same grade as Pickett. The only QB that comes to mind is Howell but I don't think he will be there in the 2nd round.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. Rosen wasn't as mobile as Pickett is. Regardless, its a qb. You have to take the chance, unless they feel a qb in the 2nd round has the same grade as Pickett. The only QB that comes to mind is Howell but I don't think he will be there in the 2nd round.
He's exactly Josh Rosen

I do agree that you have to take a chance on a QB at some point, but when that happens, they absolutely HAVE to be smart about how he's developed. Picking a guy at #11 means one of two things and neither is good for any of the QB's coming out this year. It's a very weak class Dean, and as such, expectations must, but won't be tempered.

Rivera himself has presented the problem when addressing the QB position, particularly a draftee when he asked if the press would give him an additional two years! The dude is entering his 3rd season with a record of 14-19 (7-9 and 7-10) and he has to produce THIS year!! That is a lot of pressure on an HC who has promised two years running, that settling the QB position is his #1 priority.

Now here are the two scenarios that come with drafting a QB at #11

1. Pressure to start him immediately and when/if he struggles quick labels of "bust" are applied.

2. He is not started immediately, the stopgap struggles and calls for the not yet ready rookie to start clamoring begins.

Now it's possible that you get very lucky and either the rookie or the stopgap produces, but again, it's a very weak draft class and the stopgap options aren't very appealing.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pickett is really 30, according to his birth certificate. He'll be long gone at 11, Coral may become the face of the armadillos, I'd love to a trade down....but here's the twist.
They trade down, and nail the 1st, 2nd and 3rd picks
Good call.

If and ONLY IF, they can't get a big-name guy prior to the draft. If they have pick #11 entering the draft, with Pickett, Corral, and Willis, all still there, I'm with you they MUST trade down. I have zero confidence in this staff picking a QB at 11 and handling him appropriately. (See: Jamin Davis)

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call.

If and ONLY IF, they can't get a big-name guy prior to the draft. If they have pick #11 entering the draft, with Pickett, Corral, and Willis, all still there, I'm with you they MUST trade down. I have zero confidence in this staff picking a QB at 11 and handling him appropriately. (See: Jamin Davis)

I absolutely agree.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's exactly Josh Rosen

I do agree that you have to take a chance on a QB at some point, but when that happens, they absolutely HAVE to be smart about how he's developed. Picking a guy at #11 means one of two things and neither is good for any of the QB's coming out this year. It's a very weak class Dean, and as such, expectations must, but won't be tempered.

Rivera himself has presented the problem when addressing the QB position, particularly a draftee when he asked if the press would give him an additional two years! The dude is entering his 3rd season with a record of 14-19 (7-9 and 7-10) and he has to produce THIS year!! That is a lot of pressure on an HC who has promised two years running, that settling the QB position is his #1 priority.

Now here are the two scenarios that come with drafting a QB at #11

1. Pressure to start him immediately and when/if he struggles quick labels of "bust" are applied.

2. He is not started immediately, the stopgap struggles and calls for the not yet ready rookie to start clamoring begins.

Now it's possible that you get very lucky and either the rookie or the stopgap produces, but again, it's a very weak draft class and the stopgap options aren't very appealing.

There is just no star power in this draft class. I believe that there will be many qb's taken in the first 2 rounds. How he is just like Rosen he is bigger, faster, and has a stronger arm. If he is not a head case like haskins you take him at 11. looks like Carr is staying in Vegas. So its the draft or Heinki. I take the draft.