• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Beijing Winter Olympics thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it would be a shame and I mean a damn shame if the Russians were DQ'ed and Canada sitting in 4th place were bumped up to a bronze.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt other countries are doping, so is Russia just extraordinarily terrible at covering their tracks?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought it was weird that they were like:

"Hey, Russian athletes are cheating! Don't worry I have a solution, we won't let Russian in the Olympics. But that wouldn't be fair, so we'll still let all their athletes come play. They just can't call themselves Russian. Instead they'll have to call themselves Russian Committee."

"Oh yeah, you're right that will definitely teach those athletes not to cheat."

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's becoming apparent that Makaela Schiffrin should have been practicing instead of sitting for all those interviews and soft-focus fuzzy special interest stories.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's becoming apparent that Makaela Schiffrin should have been practicing instead of sitting for all those interviews and soft-focus fuzzy special interest stories.
It's a sporting event not the end of the world. Sure its on a big stage and the finality of failing in events that often "only matter" every four years can be crushing but still just a sport. So I am going to say this, if Makaela is having a hard time dealing with the stress of performing on a world stage, I would gladly take the time to talk with her, and for as long as it takes. There is a nice little Italian place near me with a great wine selection, all the flavors of MD 20/20, that I think she would like.

Makaela - call me :)

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sporting event not the end of the world. Sure its on a big stage and the finality of failing in events that often "only matter" every four years can be crushing but still just a sport. So I am going to say this, if Makaela is having a hard time dealing with the stress of performing on a world stage, I would gladly take the time to talk with her, and for as long as it takes. There is a nice little Italian place near me with a great wine selection, all the flavors of MD 20/20, that I think she would like.

The "adversity she overcame" narrative for the 2026 games featurettes are starting to take shape.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is she in other events? Can we really trust her in other events at this point?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chloe Kim was just amazing in the women's half-pipe.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The "adversity she overcame" narrative for the 2026 games featurettes are starting to take shape.
I saw the “adversity she overcame” 2022 olympics segment on her that nbc aired talking about how she was doing the sports illustrated photo shoot when she got news her dad suffered a fatal accident … and i rewound on the pvr to get a second look at her beautiful legs

/doubling down since im going to hell anyways after my last post :noidea:

//higgy: :tsk:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice run by Canadian Elizabeth Hosking (currently in 4th) with one run remaining to potentially medal. Even if she doesn't, man that was incredible.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the “adversity she overcame” 2022 olympics segment on her that nbc aired talking about how she was doing the sports illustrated photo shoot when she got news her dad suffered a fatal accident … and i rewound on the pvr to get a second look at her beautiful legs

/doubling down since im going to hell anyways after my last post :noidea:

//higgy: :tsk:
I know nothing about her and was wondering if the criticism of her beyond her performance was due to anything specific like skipping practice, partying etc. Or is it just because she was featured in the puff pieces everyone seems annoyed by?

For most of the athletes in the Olympics I think you should embrace all the positive press you can.

When I'm having dinner with her I'll try to avoid mentioning the leg thing.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada plays Zee Germans in men's hockey later tonight.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nothing about her and was wondering if the criticism of her beyond her performance was due to anything specific like skipping practice, partying etc. Or is it just because she was featured in the puff pieces everyone seems annoyed by?

For most of the athletes in the Olympics I think you should embrace all the positive press you can.

When I'm having dinner with her I'll try to avoid mentioning the leg thing.
Just doing a cursory look at this i see nbc is taking a lot of heat over i guess extreme closeups of her failure today :noidea: and some tough coverage … her situation is akin to what happened with simone biles aside from the race element from the wackos in social media

I know everyone is sick of the “puff pieces” but I tracked down the non nbc si photoshoot video (mostly to see the legs again :noidea: but sadly no closeups like nbc had) and its eerie how fragile she sounds mentally and that she felt/seems to foreshadow that the public at large were wanting to see a fall from grace … building up to tear down … she saw it coming

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

d04c836095194ffab768556984334f87.0.jpg