• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Denver Broncos Offseason Discusion

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know we might be looking at this wrong with Carolina. What if they are looking at Darnold as a way to hedge their bet and have a built in bridge QB and double the chance to hit on the QB if they draft Fields at 8. I think this takes them out of the discussion of trading up for a QB.

I didn’t like that idea for the Broncos and not a huge fan of it for Carolina either. It could happen though.

Now the question that might exist is if Fields is there at 9 do you draft him, or do you trade back with say the Bears and collect the bonus compensation for a team trading up for a QB? We am a little torn on this, but I am in the trade back and acquire picks mode. I may be one of the few that has faith/hope the Lock can take the leap forward this year. If you have given up that Lock will take that leap forward then it makes more sense to draft Fields at 9.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He went for a 2021 sixth rounder, as well as 2022 second and fourth rounder. Generally next year picks are valued one full round less than face value. So the value is a 3rd, 5th, and 6th. Not that great. Using the old draft pick value chart and calling it the 16th pick in each round because we don't actually know what they'll be, that comes to 355. Using that same chart puts the value at the 23rd/24th pick in the 2nd round. Or the 55th/56th overall. He was originally picked #3 overall. Drew Lock was picked at #42 overall for comparison.
DJ from the NFLN tweeted out chart numbers that put the value between 42 and 43, but he didn't factor in the year difference.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know we might be looking at this wrong with Carolina. What if they are looking at Darnold as a way to hedge their bet and have a built in bridge QB and double the chance to hit on the QB if they draft Fields at 8. I think this takes them out of the discussion of trading up for a QB.

I didn’t like that idea for the Broncos and not a huge fan of it for Carolina either. It could happen though.

Now the question that might exist is if Fields is there at 9 do you draft him, or do you trade back with say the Bears and collect the bonus compensation for a team trading up for a QB? We am a little torn on this, but I am in the trade back and acquire picks mode. I may be one of the few that has faith/hope the Lock can take the leap forward this year. If you have given up that Lock will take that leap forward then it makes more sense to draft Fields at 9.
I would hope for Lance but I would be more than ok with Fields. I would be good with any of the top 4 QBs

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 2nd round pick is still a 2nd round pick no matter the year

NYJ doesn’t need it this year they now have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and 4 picks next year in the first 3 rounds

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the Panthers realized a decent number of teams were bidding to get ahead of them for QB's and didn't want to risk on missing on Darnold if they couldn't get something done. Doesn't take them out of the drafting a QB market, but I do think some teams were willing to offer more than they were. Which is funny with how much they ended up giving up for Darnold.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article about the hit rate of 1st round picks 20-32 vs 2nd round. 2nd round had a slightly higher hit rate

Paton said he’s was an analytics guy so I hope he’s see the same thing.

I’m cool sending a 3rd this year and a 1st next year to move up to #4. Maybe include TPat.

If they truly believe a QB in this draft can be the franchise guy there really is no cost too high.

the worst case would be to put a ceiling on the trade value and see the QB emerge like Mahoomes or Watson and miss out.

I’d rather take the shot now because Paton would have time to recover if the pick went south but the upside is what every GM wants that franchise guy.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we should take a look

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the consensus from the experts are that if we end up trading for Bridgewater, we won't go QB in the draft. If we don't trade for Bridgewater, we will try to draft a QB. Is that what you guys are hearing?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think we trade for Bridgewater but we might sign him as a free agent after Carolina cuts him. If we trade for a QB I think it is more likely to be Foles or Minshew. I have been so busy, I have not been reading or listening to much lately so I could be way wrong.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I predicted for weeks now - I do think Bridgewater is a target for Paton. His acquisition costs will be determinative, but he won't be cut - it is too big a hit for the Panthers. The Broncos are a perfect target for him to be traded to since the Broncos have the $20 million to pay him, but his dead money for the following year is only $5 million. So the Panthers can't cut him and the trade market is very small - so the Broncos should be able to get him for a late round draft choice - IMO.

Lock will start, but if he gets injured or fails - Bridgewater is capable of getting these Broncos to the playoffs.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I predicted for weeks now - I do think Bridgewater is a target for Paton. His acquisition costs will be determinative, but he won't be cut - it is too big a hit for the Panthers. The Broncos are a perfect target for him to be traded to since the Broncos have the $20 million to pay him, but his dead money for the following year is only $5 million. So the Panthers can't cut him and the trade market is very small - so the Broncos should be able to get him for a late round draft choice - IMO.

Lock will start, but if he gets injured or fails - Bridgewater is capable of getting these Broncos to the playoffs.
Did you say 20 mm to pay him ??

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Denver wont pay $20M
Panthers are going have to cover half at a minimum

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver wont pay $20M
Panthers are going have to cover half at a minimum
Or - there is a back deal negotiation for a restructure on the contract.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3