• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just remember you have Russ next season too

scared baby GIF

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the talking heads (at least some) are having an issue with Lebron apparently saying that he's having "the time of my life" this season and they can't understand him saying that.

Seems to me that this season has become the first "no pressure season" that he's had since maybe his 2nd year in the league.

When the Lakers told him at the ASB that "this is the bed you've made and we're not bailing you out" they (along with AD being out so long) effectively removed any pressure to win a title this season.

So, Lebron is essentially just getting to play basketball because he loves playing basketball and he can chase the scoring title and other individual records that he typically hasn't because of team expectations. I'd imagine there has to be some fun in that.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if this is even remotely true, but it seems like it could be....

I don't know that it was every possession, but it sure seemed like it at the end of the game. He isn't quick enough foot speed wise to stay in front of Maxey, so he was giving him a lot of room, and Maxey figured out he could get his shot whenever he wanted it.

The Heat will have to rethink its lineups and defensive assignments for the playoffs because Herro simply can't guard Maxey.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that it was every possession, but it sure seemed like it at the end of the game. He isn't quick enough foot speed wise to stay in front of Maxey, so he was giving him a lot of room, and Maxey figured out he could get his shot whenever he wanted it.

The Heat will have to rethink its lineups and defensive assignments for the playoffs because Herro simply can't guard Maxey.
I just don't understand why we didn't take this approach with Curry in the Nets game.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shake has had minutes for a while now, and is just really erratic. It's true that Korkmaz saw his usage decrease, but only after sucking it up for several months. I think @bksballer89 is right that the bench scoring, more than Maxey, was key last night, because the Philly bench hasn't been doing jack of late.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't understand why we didn't take this approach with Curry in the Nets game.

Because it is really hard to take the ball out of Harden and Embiid’s hands on those critical possessions.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the talking heads (at least some) are having an issue with Lebron apparently saying that he's having "the time of my life" this season and they can't understand him saying that.

Seems to me that this season has become the first "no pressure season" that he's had since maybe his 2nd year in the league.

When the Lakers told him at the ASB that "this is the bed you've made and we're not bailing you out" they (along with AD being out so long) effectively removed any pressure to win a title this season.

So, Lebron is essentially just getting to play basketball because he loves playing basketball and he can chase the scoring title and other individual records that he typically hasn't because of team expectations. I'd imagine there has to be some fun in that.
What's he supposed to do, mope?

Sure, the Lakers are ass and not contenders.

But, he is doing historic shit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's he supposed to do, mope?

Sure, the Lakers are ass and not contenders.

But, he is doing historic shit.

And as a Lakers fan...I'd much rather see him doing what he's doing than watch him sitting out a bunch of games and mailing it in.

Heck, maybe the rest of the team will follow along, AD gets healthy and they can remove some of the stink from this season.

They aren't going to win a title, but a play in win and winning series or 2 might remove some of the stench. lol

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Augustin is 5 of 5 from the field and 4 of 4 on treys.

14 points so far.
Gotta give credit where do. The Blame the Coach Guys will blame JB for that but guy was just on fire.

No doubt things were way to easy for Lebron going to the hoop. If he's just hot hitting fadeaways and/or 3s that's one thing, but needed to try something else I think. Not sure what though, as Lebron's pretty good.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give credit where do. The Blame the Coach Guys will blame JB for that but guy was just on fire.

I think people forget sometimes that all of these guys are NBA players and the worst player in the NBA is still one of the best players in the world.

Sometimes a guy gets hot and all you can do is hope that he cools off before the game is over...

and if it's a guy you're not expecting it from...it can be even harder to stop because you're not used to having to deal with him. lol

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What BS.

He's closer to the end of his career than the beginning and he's getting paid millions to play basketball and he's playing at a high level still.