• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Good luck getting the Mavs to agree. Maybe Stevens can meet up with Cuban and get him really, really drunk?

I gotta better chance of being the next mayor of Boulder than the Celtics landing Luka.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Gman

Only partially kidding about the above. He's not giving you 40 minutes anymore. But 20-25 minutes where he starts each half to get your offense in the right flow and then goes in when they need to get it back on track, could really help.
Won't help our effort on defense... and it won't help the fact that the ball movement tends to die when Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown touches the ball and they feel the need to fancy dribble for 5 seconds before trying to take their defender 1-on-1.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol , countin teams out after 2 weeks …

Don’t know how you can say there are so many teams ahead of Knicks …

If today s game is about the 3 , well , seems it’s an open field especially if the opponent does not play good D which a lot of those teams at top don’t do..,

And, if you truly believe the Knicks are that low in pecking order , you are essentially agreeing with me that Randle can’t play well under pressure .., if you watched Randle very closely in the last few games.. he is trying to incorporate others into offense being double teamed, he is lost !!! Passing by ball cross court at 100 mph , blind passes , etc .

And, Just being objective as always not so nuts as you think , Knicks are winning games they shouldn’t be..

If they get it all together at right time, they can do some serious damage in this league

Every single season, there are about 25 teams give or take who have absolutely no chance of winning a title before the season even starts.

There is more parity right now than there was a few years ago, but still most teams in the league have absolutely no shot at hoisting the trophy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't help our effort on defense... and it won't help the fact that the ball movement tends to die when Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown touches the ball and they feel the need to fancy dribble for 5 seconds before trying to take their defender 1-on-1.

Agree on the defense. He is still a solid help defender because he is smart.

Disagree on Tatum and Brown. The point of having him would be to keep Tatum and Brown from dominating the ball since Rondo would be the one deciding who gets the ball and when. He's also not afraid to get in a stars face and let him know he's messing up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure who has The Athletic here but here is the link. I will paste some of story. I didn't get to read just highlighted points from another site.

https://theathletic.com/2927068/202...dey-shines-and-more-hollingers-week-that-was/

Scoring is down 2.7 pts per 100 possessions

Field goal %s are down nearly a point

3 pt shooting percentages are down to the point that for the first time in many years, a team is better off giving up a 3-pt shot (1.02 expected pts) than a 2 (1.03 expected pts).

Free throws are down almost 10%, from 21.8 to 20.0 per 100 possessions. This is almost certainly due to the rule changes that have resulted in fewer calls against players that have gone out of their way to initiate and draw fouls. Most of the drop in fouls have come out in space.

The drop in scoring can't be fully explained by the drop in foul shots. Hollinger speculates that the new ball may be creating some shooting problems. Also, he's observed that players seem increasingly to be giving fouls unnecessarily, possibly due to fatigue that is due to the fact that there are fewer stops in games because fewer fouls are being called. He notes that this is a serious issue that is slowing the game down and suggests that the league may want to consider penalizing players for such fouls, such as giving 2 shots plus possession.

So the new ball coupled with the rule changes are affecting shooting and game pace. I am all for slowing the pace down bc they will adjust, it's only been 8 games. I don't agree with penalizing for unnecessary fouls, if it isn't a flagrant or intentional - nothing you can do. Not sure what he means by that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis in4

Angry GIF

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Disagree on Tatum and Brown. The point of having him would be to keep Tatum and Brown from dominating the ball since Rondo would be the one deciding who gets the ball and when. He's also not afraid to get in a stars face and let him know he's messing up.
Maybe in some theoretical perfect world, maybe.

But in the real world of '21, I don't see Rondo at this stage of his career as having either the ability or the gravitas to snap Tatum (especially) and Brown out of their bad habits.

I wouldn't even blame Rondo for this fact... rather, the problem is Tatum's (especially) and Brown's.

I don't know what it's gonna take to get through to Tatum. His individual talent goes up every year, but his style is losing basketball. I worry his ceiling might be Carmelo Anthony in his prime... tremendous individual skill, but bad team basketball.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe in some theoretical perfect world, maybe.

But in the real world of '21, I don't see Rondo at this stage of his career as having either the ability or the gravitas to snap Tatum (especially) and Brown out of their bad habits.

I wouldn't even blame Rondo for this fact... rather, the problem is Tatum's (especially) and Brown's.

I don't know what it's gonna take to get through to Tatum. His individual talent goes up every year, but his style is losing basketball. I worry his ceiling might be Carmelo Anthony in his prime... tremendous individual skill, but bad team basketball.

Honestly though?

That is higher than just about anybody thought his ceiling was when he was drafted.

I think that is who he is.

Really good player. Not a superstar.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But i was told he's pulling a James Harden even though he never requested a trade lol

@bksballer89 a lot of respect to Dame.

Harden, Kyrie are guys I don’t respect for this reason. Add OBJ to the list. He gets his good friend Lebron and dad to try and blame Baker instead of working harder and bettering himself. It’s always someone elses fault. That’s the difference between winners and losers

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though?

That is higher than just about anybody thought his ceiling was when he was drafted.
True.

Tatum's a hard worker... no one can argue against that.

He's just in love with long-winded, ISO ball. And because he's not KD, it's simply not winning basketball at this highest level.
I think that is who he is.

Really good player. Not a superstar.
Impossible to argue against you here with the results we're seeing.