• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
irst off you have to take care of business!

You cannot be embarrassed by inferior teams.

I get you’re not winning every game..

The 2 losses to Orlando and Toronto, will come back to haunt you..

These are all NBA teams with NBA players and the season is 82 games long. Teams are going to get beat and sometimes embarrassed by lesser teams. If memory serves, one of the Warriors losses the season the won 73 games was to a Lakers team that won in the neighborhood of 20 games. All it takes ls a guy on the bad team getting hot, while the better team has an off night.

Your Knicks are a young team that is learning the game. So losses to lesser teams are going to happen a little more than to an established team.
The last few games , Randle has changed his approach to game , he may or may not have been doubled up, you still have to attack the same , he gives up, he starts doin things that are not his forte.

Or, you have to do other things to try to help your team win if your shot isn't falling and/or the opponent is defending you well.

Also, especially with young players, they have to learn how to find other ways to help the team if their shot isn't falling and/or the opponent is defending them well. So that may explain some of what you are seeing with Randle.
Thibs, not as many timely time outs are called, allowing players to play way out of control…

Yes and no. Sometimes it's better to let a team figure it out on their own. Phil Jackson was a master at that as is/was Pop. But for fans? Yeah, it can make you a little crazy. I can remember laughing at myself some when I was yelling "Call a damn timeout" at a guy with double digit championships. lol

Are far as the 3’s , I have no problem with it. I get it. It’s today’s game. But you miss 10 in row? Blow a 27 pt lead? Cmon man, get a little creative…

I like what the Lakers broadcast analyst Stu Lantz says about 3's. Let success be your guide. If the 3 is falling, by all means, keep shooting. If it stops falling, stop shooting it, look for easier shots for awhile, then try again later in the game.

As far as Knicks being contenders ? Why not, the league has changed dramatically, load mgmt, injuries, hurt feelings, Knicks got a shot now even if they don’t have star players…

Not really. It's still a star driven league and you need them to be a true contender. Sure, every now and then a team without stars will win a title (or at least get to the finals), but those are so few that they are outliers.

Last edited:

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I do this ? For many reasons

First off you have to take care of business!

The last few games , Randle has changed his approach to game , he may or may not have been doubled up, you still have to attack the same , he gives up, he starts doin things that are not his forte.

Thibs, not as many timely time outs are called, allowing players to play way out of control…

Are far as the 3’s , I have no problem with it. I get it. It’s today’s game. But you miss 10 in row? Blow a 27 pt lead? Cmon man, get a little creative…

Got to stop this trend of having big leads and giving them up, every game .

Thibs, you’re players are going to be spent half way through …

As far as Knicks being contenders ? Why not, the league has changed dramatically, load mgmt, injuries, hurt feelings, Knicks got a shot now even if they don’t have star players…

When they get Nerlins back, whatever that fack is keeping him away from game,? Lol, they could steal a ring from a true contender…

And why the heck is Randle always bring up the ball when you have legit ball handlers? Save his legs, you play him too much as is…

Need to use Robinson more off pick n roll and more back door cuts can be managed in with all the 3 ‘s
Maybe Toronto is just better then you

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are all NBA teams with NBA players and the season is 82 games long. Teams are going to get beat and sometimes embarrassed by lesser teams. If memory serves, one of the Warriors losses the season the won 73 games was to a Lakers team that won in the neighborhood of 20 games. All it takes ls a guy on the bad team getting hot, while the better team has an off night.

Your Knicks are a young team that is learning the game. So losses to lesser teams are going to happen a little more than to an established team.

Or, you have to do other things to try to help your team win if your shot isn't falling and/or the opponent is defending you well.

Also, especially with young players, they have to learn how to find other ways to help the team if their shot isn't falling and/or the opponent is defensing them well. So that may explain some of what you are seeing with Randle.

Yes and no. Sometimes it's better to let a team figure it out on their own. Phil Jackson was a master at that as is/was Pop. But for fans? Yeah, it can make you a little crazy. I can remember laughing at myself some when I was yelling "Call a damn timeout" at a guy with double digit championships. lol

I like what the Lakers broadcast analyst Stu Lantz says about 3's. Let success be your guide. If the 3 is falling, by all means, keep shooting. If it stops falling, stop shooting it, look for easier shots for awhile, then try again later in the game.

Not really. It's still a star driven league and you need them to be a true contender. Sure, every now and then a team without stars will win a title (or at least get to the finals), but those are so few that they are outliers.

This team is pretty much same with some very good additions, so getting acclimated to one another will take some time, I get it.

But, again, every game has been same , lose big leads … this has to stop!

Thibs, looks lost on sideline parts of game . I have never seen him look like that . He has somewhat lost control , understand it’s an adjustment for him too.

Again, the league has changed, too much controversy with teams that are true contenders, this day more than ever a second tier team can steal it away I believe.

And raptors4life , mean no disrespect, I hope your team goes far…that’s what we all want as fans of our respective teams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I do this ? For many reasons

First off you have to take care of business!

Got to stop this trend of having big leads and giving them up, every game .

Thibs, you’re players are going to be spent half way through …

When they get Nerlins back, whatever that fack is keeping him away from game,? Lol, they could steal a ring from a true contender…

And why the heck is Randle always bring up the ball when you have legit ball handlers? Save his legs, you play him too much as is…

Need to use Robinson more off pick n roll and more back door cuts can be managed in with all the 3 ‘s

The Knicks are a lot better than I thought they would be at this point. Credit to Thibs for building the culture and credit to Randle for improving greatly.

They could win 45-50 regular season games. But they aren’t beating the top teams in a best of 7 series in the playoffs. Playoffs are a different animal.

And to be a contender, you have to be built to excel in the playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks are a lot better than I thought they would be at this point. Credit to Thibs for building the culture and credit to Randle for improving greatly.

They could win 45-50 regular season games. But they aren’t beating the top teams in a best of 7 series in the playoffs. Playoffs are a different animal.

Right and they beat some good teams too.

Celtics win might not look great but it was a hard fought win in OT.
The Magic aren't really that good but splitting with them...it happens. You aren't winning every winnable game.
They beat the 76ers and Bulls - great wins.
They took care of a bad Pelicans team.
They slipped up against the Raptors but they seem to be a good team.

So they probably won 2-3 games people didn't expect them to win and 2 they technically shouldn't have lost.

Welcome to the NBA!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, again, every game has been same , lose big leads … this has to stop!

It's the NBA and basketball in general, is a game of runs. So there will be big leads gained and lost throughout any game. It's about correcting things before you give up the whole lead and/or getting the lead back if you blow the entire lead. Sometimes, the lesser team gets on a roll and can't be stopped.

Heck, there is no team in the league more experienced than the Lakers...yet they managed to lose a game where they had a 26 point lead over a Thunder team that is looking for lottery balls this year. 99.9% of the time, this Lakers team not only doesn't give up that lead, they win in a blowout...but that game ended up being that .1%. lol

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, those true contenders need to stay healthy physically… mental health too in today’s game is paramount, to stay at top!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the NBA and basketball in general, is a game of runs. So there will be big leads gained and lost throughout any game. It's about correcting things before you give up the whole lead and/or getting the lead back if you blow the entire lead. Sometimes, the lesser team gets on a roll and can't be stopped.

Heck, there is no team in the league more experienced than the Lakers...yet they managed to lose a game where they had a 26 point lead over a Thunder team that is looking for lottery balls this year. 99.9% of the time, this Lakers team not only doesn't give up that lead, they win in a blowout...but that game ended up being that .1%. lol
Of course, That’s what makes these games very interesting. Not good on the heart , but exciting.

Look, all I’m looking for is mix in old school with new , and any team for that matter could surprise.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if they'll be better or worse once Siakam's back.
I only see it helping.
Ive been impressed with his attitude. He seems to be back on board again.
He fits the mold long and plays great defense. Wont hurt have another proven scoring option out there

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, you’re making these calls on assumptions, have you watched every Knick game?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, those true contenders need to stay healthy physically… mental health too in today’s game is paramount, to stay at top!

They do.

And they won’t all stay healthy and be in position to win in June.

But there are too many teams ahead of the Knicks in the pecking order. They won’t all be depleted enough for the Knicks to win the whole thing.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Pastafazul

I feel your pain on constantly blowing big leads to inferior teams.

It's a constant for my fandom.

@Wamu @Gman and all of Celticsville...

Ouch.

Smart is correct. But, he shouldn't have aired hat shit out in the media.

Starting pg with ZERO dimes isn't exactly playing at the highest level either.

Until you get a true pass first pg, you are gonna be 1st year Kawhi/George Clippers.

Both of those guys are capable of setting the table for others. But, it isn't there strong suit.

They are way better off just going one on one and that led to what happened to you guys last night, several times for the Clippers.

Tatum took that Mamba mentality shit a bit to far at times yesterday. Brown was fine....imo

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Pastafazul

I feel your pain on constantly blowing big leads to inferior teams.

It's a constant for my fandom.

Ouch.

Until you get a true pass first pg, you are gonna be 1st year Kawhi/George Clippers.

Both of those guys are capable of setting the table for others. But, it isn't there strong suit.

They are way better off just going one on one and that led to what happened to you guys last night, several times for the Clippers.

Tatum took that Mamba mentality shit a bit to far at times yesterday. Brown was fine....imo

Alotta problems in Celticsville so far this season. Probably gonna be a disappointing season for all Celtics fans. And I have little to no faith in their frontcourt this season.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ouch.

^ I completely agree.

A person can be right, but still go about it in the wrong way.

The Celtics haven't had a "pass first PG" in ages... IT wasn't one, Kyrie wasn't one, Kemba wasn't one...

IMO, the problem isn't the PG position. It's 1.) the effort on defense and 2.) our tendency to rely on stagnant ISO ball on offense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I completely agree.

A person can be right, but still go about it in the wrong way.

The Celtics haven't had a "pass first PG" in ages... IT wasn't one, Kyrie wasn't one, Kemba wasn't one...

IMO, the problem isn't the PG position. It's 1.) the effort on defense and 2.) our tendency to rely on stagnant ISO ball on offense.

Y'all need Rondo back...don't think the Lakers are gonna trade him to ya though.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol , countin teams out after 2 weeks …

Don’t know how you can say there are so many teams ahead of Knicks …

If today s game is about the 3 , well , seems it’s an open field especially if the opponent does not play good D which a lot of those teams at top don’t do..,

And, if you truly believe the Knicks are that low in pecking order , you are essentially agreeing with me that Randle can’t play well under pressure .., if you watched Randle very closely in the last few games.. he is trying to incorporate others into offense being double teamed, he is lost !!! Passing by ball cross court at 100 mph , blind passes , etc .

And, Just being objective as always not so nuts as you think , Knicks are winning games they shouldn’t be..

If they get it all together at right time, they can do some serious damage in this league

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Gman

Only partially kidding about the above. He's not giving you 40 minutes anymore. But 20-25 minutes where he starts each half to get your offense in the right flow and then goes in when they need to get it back on track, could really help.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I like M. Smart I think a straight-up trade for Luka would be beneficial for both teams.

lol

Good luck getting the Mavs to agree. Maybe Stevens can meet up with Cuban and get him really, really drunk?