• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But with Simmoins' history and teamsknowing that the 6ers have to trade him, what can they honestly expect to get? Nit trying to be a jerk, but Simmons has put the 6ers in a very bad position. Let's be honest, he been in the league for three years so the 'potential"is no longer there. If they hold out for trade that is a huge advantage for them, he'll be n the 6ers roster next year.

I think we all tend to over value players on our favorite teams and honestly believe that they are worth much more than other people do. But Morely knows he's not going to get even money so he has to set a value somewhat below 1:1 and hope that he can exceed it. So lets say full value is 100. If he sets a trade min. at 75 and gets an 82 offer, you an other 6er fans might think it sucks but if other offers were all below 65, he's got tomake the move.

I think theCeltics are in a very similar situation. They can beyond the division playoffs with the team that they had with Kyrie or Kemba. The present team is .500. Who do they move to get the team out of this mud puddle? Bron?? Tatum?? Will moving Brown for Beal change things that dramatically? r will theybe back in the same puddle they were in with Kemba?? The ther question is, Do they need to mive on from Stevens at the President's chair or move on from Uda? Or do they need to totally strip this team and rebuild?
You are forgetting about the mindset of these high level coaches and GMs. They are megalomaniacs that believe they have the stuff to unlock a guy. Simmons is 24/25 years old and to this point has been paired with a dominant 5 who needs to work the block where he draws doubles. Simmons needs more of a five out approach where he can work the lane getting to the rim or dishing when the defense collapses on his drive. If he can do that and then add a mid range pull up from the elbow, dude is going to be unstoppable. A 50% foul shooter is still of value if he goes to the line 10-15 times a game getting the opponent in the penalty with his aggression and their desire to foul him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, he doesn't fit any team

He can fit, just not on a contender.

He fits on a team that just wants to make the playoffs. A team like that can just give him the ball and, to borrow a saying from fellow Seahawks fans, "Let Russ Cook". He can take a team like that and get them a 5 or 6 game 1st round exit. On a team like the Lakers, where he has to play within a system and is the #3 option...we see what that looks like and it's not pretty.

The Lakers knew bringing him in was going to be a risk and they had to know he would be virtually untradeable, so they get to live with it and hope they can get and keep everyone healthy enough to figure something out. If they can't, then they'll have to "ride it out" and hope he doesn't pick up that $47 million option (which would be dumb on his part).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remaining Strength of Schedule for Top Eastern Teams​

TeamAverage Opponent Winning PercentageProjected Win Difference
Bucks54.3%-1.5
Nets51.4%-0.5
76ers51.3%-0.5
Heat50.4%-0.1
Bulls49.3%+0.3
Cavaliers46.3%+1.3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolan curse is still alive and well at MSG.
The Rock Love GIF by The Kelly Clarkson Show

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@tlance

you guys gonna lose Beal for nothing this offseason? Trade him?

gonna offer him 5 years 235 million in the offseason? Pay him 47 million a year for ages 29-33?

If I was the Wiz I would trade Beal in an instant for Jaylen Brown or Ben Simmons if those deals are at all possible.

I have wanted the Wizards to trade Beal for years as soon as it became clear that the Wall/Beal pairing wasn’t going anywhere.

I would be thrilled with a Brown or Simmons centered deal.

Unfortunately though, the Wizards are the Wizards, so I suspect they will pay him, then attach 4 first round picks to trade him away in 2024.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Asked Thursday if he could update the status of center James Wiseman, Warriors coach Steve Kerr’s initial response was an expression of exasperation.

I'm sure if he was able to play he would be allowed to.
GS has arguably the best medical & training staffs in the league at their disposal.
If they feel like slowing down his scrimmages or rehab is the best way forward then I see no problem.
Some players just have longer rehab/healing times than others....but I totally understand Kerr's frustration.
That said...erring on the side of caution, instead of rushing a young player back too soon is always the smart thing to do.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Stein on his Substack saying he's heard the Rockets would be open for another John Wall for Russell Westbrook swap if the Lakers include draft picks (LA's 2027 pick).

LOL. They really just tossed that out there to see if the Lakers are dumb enough to do it (sadly, they could be). Wall would be a fractionally better fit (still awful, just less awful), but he's hurt every 5 games and is pretty much washed.

But it would be extremely funny to see two awful contracts get traded for each other twice.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marc Stein on his Substack saying he's heard the Rockets would be open for another John Wall for Russell Westbrook swap if the Lakers include draft picks (LA's 2027 pick).

LOL. They really just tossed that out there to see if the Lakers are dumb enough to do it (sadly, they could be). Wall would be a fractionally better fit (still awful, just less awful), but he's hurt every 5 games and is pretty much washed.

But it would be extremely funny to see two awful contracts get traded for each other twice.

Except that Wall is not a better fit and there is no evidence he is less awful.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta agree with @tlance...not a better fit and an actually worse version of Westbrook.