• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have handled him perfectly. What I always thought should happen -and what I said last summer is- you keep him one more year, see if you can get him back to being useful- if you can awesome, if he keeps getting hurt- the following year he is expiring. Either "stretch" him at that point, or use him in a deal. You dont want to stretch someone with 2 years left- or you end up having his cap hit for 5 years a la Luol Deng- even if it is a modest cap hit.

I suspect next year, if they wanted to, they could move off him since he is expiring.

Have to give a ton of credit to Bickerstaff and his coaches who have done an amazing job with him- bringing him along slowly and limiting minutes. The Cavs had a good plan with Love- and to his credit- it seems that he is rejuvenated with these young guys who are pretty decent at basketball.

Shit- right now- with how he has been playing- comeback player is prob. not out of the stretch of the imigination IF (and its a BIG if) he can stay healthy.

Health has always been the problem. All of the injuries/covid lately have led Bickerstaff to play Love more than I think they want to. Even Rubio got hurt in a game with huge minutes and huge responsibility since Garland was out. I dont think that was coincedence. Rubio was going ham- almost triple double--- but it was too much strain. IF Garland is there- and Rubio has more limited minutes maybe he doesnt go down. Who knows.
Yeah.

He wasn't creating a stink about not playing.

So, you are correct.

This wasn't an addition by subtraction situation.

So, buy him out for what?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would even make such a foolhardy suggestion?

tenor.gif
Foolhardy? I get why any LA fan would have wanted him for basically nothing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please show me where I ripped them.

I answered your questions about why a team would want to buy a player out and about why people thought Love would be a buyout candidate.

That is all.
Fair....but doesn't make a lot of sense in their shoes without first seeing what the guy could do (since it wouldn't really open up cap space...not that anyone would come if it did).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm never gonna live this down...lol

Be back when the Cavs implode.

R.fe742b248d91d71ce97ca5dfab231b2c

Seriously, Mobley is a monster.

Always loved Garland.

Love is making me look very silly.

Cavs dodged a huge bullet getting Porter Jr. out of that lockerroom.

I don't know about Rondo from a basketball prospective.

Dude looks very washed. But, what was the alternative?

Cavs have been impressive and they look very much like a playoff team.

Congrats.
I think a lot of people were wrong about Love. Hell, while I'd have never just given him away I never thought he'd ever be at the level he's been this season.

As for Rondo? Likely you could be right, but we need a real PG to backup Garland....preferably a pass first guy. Should Garland go down? That's a problem.

Guessing the Cavs are impressing even their biggest fans. I figured a .500 season was best case and a stretch. If we stay healthy, a top 4-5 seed not crazy at all.....and, sure, in the tight East neither is 8-10.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair....but doesn't make a lot of sense in their shoes without first seeing what the guy could do (since it wouldn't really open up cap space...not that anyone would come if it did).

I don’t think anyone was saying to buy him out over the summer. At least I didn’t think that was what people meant. Summer buyouts are pretty rare.

The speculation I heard was always about Love being available mid season as a buyout.

So they were going to get a chance to see what he could do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone was saying to buy him out over the summer. At least I didn’t think that was what people meant. Summer buyouts are pretty rare.

The speculation I heard was always about Love being available mid season as a buyout.

So they were going to get a chance to see what he could do.
You must not be remembering then.....plenty of people said should just buy him out and cut the cord. Even more after he dropped out of Olympics.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not be remembering then.....plenty of people said should just buy him out and cut the cord. Even more after he dropped out of Olympics.

From what I can remember the majority of those people were Cavs fans.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm never gonna live this down...lol

Be back when the Cavs implode.

R.fe742b248d91d71ce97ca5dfab231b2c

Seriously, Mobley is a monster.

Always loved Garland.

Love is making me look very silly.

Cavs dodged a huge bullet getting Porter Jr. out of that lockerroom.

I don't know about Rondo from a basketball prospective.

Dude looks very washed. But, what was the alternative?

Cavs have been impressive and they look very much like a playoff team.

Congrats.

I thought Mobley was impressive his single season at USC. Went outta my way to watch Trojans games last season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could be.

Or maybe you misinterpreted what people were saying.

Or maybe I misinterpreted because I always assumed the context of the buyout talks were for mid season when buyouts usually happen.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randles time here in NY is done . Move him barret and q and fornicate at deadline and bring in players who can play on a more consistent basis .

Randles body language on the court says it all …

This team stinks, had a hard time beating Depleted bottom dwellers , where they will soon be.

Westbrook/Jordan for Randle/Fournier? Sounds good to me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I can remember the majority of those people were Cavs fans.
I have no doubt there were some Cavs' fans. But you are not remembering correctly either, as how many are there here? 4? I know at least 2 said hold onto him and wait.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of people were wrong about Love. Hell, while I'd have never just given him away I never thought he'd ever be at the level he's been this season.

As for Rondo? Likely you could be right, but we need a real PG to backup Garland....preferably a pass first guy. Should Garland go down? That's a problem.

Guessing the Cavs are impressing even their biggest fans. I figured a .500 season was best case and a stretch. If we stay healthy, a top 4-5 seed not crazy at all.....and, sure, in the tight East neither is 8-10.

Love is playing better, but he also is making $31M to come off the bench and play 20 mpg. His issues in recent years have been more about disinterest ,usage and cost than talent (and defensive liabilities are being covered up by his new front court mates).

What constitutes staying healthy? You're already down 2 key players from your backcourt for the season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt there were some Cavs' fans. But you are not remembering correctly either, as how many are there here? 4? I know at least 2 said hold onto him and wait.

Sure, but that was because there were no offers forthcoming.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Rondo trade to Cleveland has become a Three-Team deal. Cleveland gets Rondo, Valentine goes to LA who has just sent him to the N.Y. Knicks. The Lakers get an open roster spot of which they filled with Stanley Johnson. Interesting deal. And shopson, I do like the Westbrook/Jordon to New York for Randle/Fournier proposal you have floated but I doubt that one will happen. But with the acquisition of Valentine maybe Randle is going to be moved.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is playing better, but he also is making $31M to come off the bench and play 20 mpg. His issues in recent years have been more about disinterest ,usage and cost than talent (and defensive liabilities are being covered up by his new front court mates).

What constitutes staying healthy? You're already down 2 key players from your backcourt for the season.
The disinterest was no more than an opinion.

and why does his contract really matter unless you are Dan Gilbert? If anything, the contract is a reason not to just give him away.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Rondo trade to Cleveland has become a Three-Team deal. Cleveland gets Rondo, Valentine goes to LA who has just sent him to the N.Y. Knicks. The Lakers get an open roster spot of which they filled with Stanley Johnson. Interesting deal. And shopson, I do like the Westbrook/Jordon to New York for Randle/Fournier proposal you have floated but I doubt that one will happen. But with the acquisition of Valentine maybe Randle is going to be moved.

New York has made dumber moves than this, but I still doubt it.

Lakers get to keep Westbrook all year I believe.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond and Damian Lee just cleared protocols, so outside of Klay and Wiseman, the Warriors will have their full rotation they started the year with.

Feels like a trap game situation.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond and Damian Lee just cleared protocols, so outside of Klay and Wiseman, the Warriors will have their full rotation they started the year with.

Feels like a trap game situation.

Help me out here.

A couple days ago people were trying to say Curry should be behind LeBron, Giannis and even DeRozan in the MVP race.

Thoughts?