• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit changed

Sure.

But damn.

People making LeBron out to be heroic when his team has underachieved horrifically to this point of the season.

Steph’s team, on the other hand has overachieved. And in very large part due to his play and his ability to draw a ton of attention which makes the game easy for teammates.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was not the case when the season started.

A step too far here. Just because something wasnt the case when the season started, doesnt mean things dont change as the season plays out.

You cant really make the statement that we are talking year to date and then change it to add in what was expected before the season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even then, I have Jokic clearly ahead.

He is doing as much with even less and posting even better numbers.

And I wouldnt really argue that. But it wasnt the point of my post.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A step too far here. Just because something wasnt the case when the season started, doesnt mean things dont change as the season plays out.

You cant really make the statement that we are talking year to date and then change it to add in what was expected before the season.

The point being, Curry is more deserving of the MVP today based on what has transpired in the league this far.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point being, Curry is more deserving of the MVP today based on what has transpired in the league this far.

True but you can debate that curry isn't a top 3 candidate currently

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5
1 KD
2 Joker
3a Lebron
3bGiannis
5 Steph

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except that you are trying to have it both ways. You want to discredit Lebrons numbers because the Lakers havent met pre-season expectations while playing through more lineup changes than any other team in the league, but credit Steph who is putting up worse numbers because he has been missing Klay and want to give him advance credit based on assuming that his efficiency will improve when Klay returns.

People making LeBron out to be heroic when his team has underachieved horrifically to this point of the season.

And you are ignoring that Lebron has been doing what he is while playing on a team that has had more lineup changes than any other.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are ignoring that Lebron has been doing what he is while playing on a team that has had more lineup changes than any other.

Holy shit the Lakers have had 18 different starting line up's. And they haven't played more than four consecutive games this season with the same starting line. That's an insane stat.

The teams that have played with the most starting line up's, G.S.-Utah-Phoenix, have all played around 350 minutes together. Compare that to the Lakers who have not had a starting line up that have played over 55 minutes together.

Info from si-.com/lakers/news

Lakers have had the most starting of the NBA (12/25/21)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that you are trying to have it both ways. You want to discredit Lebrons numbers because the Lakers havent met pre-season expectations while playing through more lineup changes than any other team in the league, but credit Steph who is putting up worse numbers because he has been missing Klay and want to give him advance credit based on assuming that his efficiency will improve when Klay returns.

If the Lakers get into the top 4 and AD is still on a milk carton, then we can talk.

Until then, any talk about LBJ as MVP is irrelevant.

Some of the people discrediting Steph currently were also lobbying for CP3 last year.

Which is hilarious.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again though, that isn’t what he is being called out for.

We all said he couldn’t shoot. Because he couldn’t.
In the comment to which I replied, in fact, he was being called out by dj for his comments on Ball's shooting (among other things).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there ever any doubt Alabama and Georgia would be in the final game? CFB is pretty boringly predictable.
If you mean once the pairings came out I had little doubt. Before the final week of season? Different story.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with that, I still don't understand the reasoning for expanding the playoffs to 8 teams. Everyone knew Bama and UGA were the best teams this season. And that's usually the case every year (2-3 teams that stand out amongst the rest).
Everyone knew Bama and UGA were the best teams? Based on what? who did either beat that was so impressive before the CFP (other than Bame beating UGA)? Bama was pretty much gifted a title game appearance playing Cinci.

Isn't to say Cinci did not belong as hard not to take them

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would change though? If you seeded Bama and UGA #1 and #2, the way the brackets would be structured, both wouldn't meet until the title game. Who this year is taking down either team? It'd be more of the same.
Didn't Bama lose to TAM this year? Before the pairings other than each other, who did either team beat that impressed you so much?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knew Bama and UGA were the best teams? Based on what? who did either beat that was so impressive before the CFP (other than Bame beating UGA)? Bama was pretty much gifted a title game appearance playing Cinci.

Isn't to say Cinci did not belong as hard not to take them

Cincy showed better than Michigan IMO.

Just need to invite more teams to the party. It will still probably end up being the top SEC team(s) often, but forcing them to prepare for multiple good teams with contrasting styles makes the journey a lot more interesting.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy showed better than Michigan IMO.

Just need to invite more teams to the party. It will still probably end up being the top SEC team(s) often, but forcing them to prepare for multiple good teams with contrasting styles makes the journey a lot more interesting.
I'd say Cinci showed more than UM, as well. Not sure that means anything when it came to my comment. still not sure who either beat that was so impressive BEFORE they did their seedings (other than bama beating UGA). That said, those seedings can easily be justified.