• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ, I am a huge LeBron fan. I think his on court accomplishments are unbelievable and I have a great deal of respect for how he conducts himself off the court.

But man, you got to know by now that posting a players’ simple stats just doesn’t really mean anything. You have to come with more, better info if you want to support your case.

What LBJ is doing at almost 37 is amazing.

BUT….

He is not the same player. He has regressed.

-His 22.1 PER is his lowest since his rookie season and 5 below his career average.

-his .140 WS/48 is also his lowest since his rookie season by a substantial amount.

-Rebound percentage is 7.9%, also lowest since his rookie year by about 2%

-Assist percentage is 30.6%, well below career average and among his lowest marks.

-BPM is 3.2, also his lowest by far since his rookie season.

He is still a very good player, but he is no longer producing at that elite superstar level where he can carry a team.

The numbers don't lie and Father Time is undefeated. But like you said, he's still a damn good player.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are definitely heading in the right direction. I'm just thinking that dealing Okoro, Sexton and two 1sts could prevent the Cavs from going in the right direction, even if it is for Lillard.
If they do deal them in the offseason or next year...I would rather them go after, for example, Brandon Ingram. Lillard doesn't make a lot of sense plus this this isn't the right time. All that being said, I don't think Portland does that deal anyway

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never believe the hype of dook players. Not saying that because I don't care for that program. Past history of players shows they very rarely live up to all the hype. Remember Johnny Dawkins? He was great in college. Never really lived up to expectations. Decent career. But nothing special.

Is there a reason why he's become such a fat sack of shit? Other than ordering the full Popeyes menu every other day? I mean I know he's been injured a lot but surely his personal trainer must be fucking pissed.

Or is this just the long con? Get fat, lazy and injured long enough for N.O. not to offer him an extension, and then he signs with the Lakers, loses 100 pounds and becomes league MVP eight times in a row?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ, I am a huge LeBron fan. I think his on court accomplishments are unbelievable and I have a great deal of respect for how he conducts himself off the court.

But man, you got to know by now that posting a players’ simple stats just doesn’t really mean anything. You have to come with more, better info if you want to support your case.

BUT….

-His 22.1 PER is his lowest since his rookie season and 5 below his career average.

-his .140 WS/48 is also his lowest since his rookie season by a substantial amount.

-Assist percentage is 30.6%, well below career average and among his lowest marks.

He is still a very good player, but he is no longer producing at that elite superstar level where he can carry a team.
That's why AD needs to step up his game and play like a true #1.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that being said, I don't think Portland does that deal anyway

Nor do I. But with CJ out for the foreseeable future, they might just want to blow it up and get as many young players and draft picks for a rebuild.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure much of that is by design to preserve energy for the end of the season and the playoffs. For the past few seasons, hes still been able to be the best player in the world, but has had to pick and choose when to do it. Itll be interesting to see if he can still do that and for how long.

True,

But he has also had a habit of not going all in for the regular season now for quite a few years.

And his advanced stats this year are significantly less than what they have been.

Maybe that isn’t the case in May, but I doubt that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why AD needs to step up his game and play like a true #1.

He has it in him. He's proven it with both the Pelicans and the Lakers. It's just that he seems to be afraid to get hurt at times.

I mean, there's no way in hell that Talen Horten-fucking-Tucker should take more shot attempts than AD

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sure much of that is by design to preserve energy for the end of the season and the playoffs. For the past few seasons, hes still been able to be the best player in the world, but has had to pick and choose when to do it. Itll be interesting to see if he can still do that and for how long.
Also, rebound and assist %'s are lower bc of RW. He does handle the ball quite a bit and he is a guard that grabs rebounds.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has it in him. He's proven it with both the Pelicans and the Lakers. It's just that he seems to be afraid to get hurt at times.

I mean, there's no way in hell that Talen Horten-fucking-Tucker should take more shot attempts than AD
It could be many different factors but his mid-range used to be $$$. Hasn't been the same this year, FT's too...so it makes me think it could be a mechanical issue. Practice, practice, practice...work ethic- who knows.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BUT….

Doesn't change why I quoted Thunder.

He. Isn't good for just 1 game in a row. Check out that meme Shane posted.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a reason why he's become such a fat sack of shit? Other than ordering the full Popeyes menu every other day? I mean I know he's been injured a lot but surely his personal trainer must be fucking pissed.

Or is this just the long con? Get fat, lazy and injured long enough for N.O. not to offer him an extension, and then he signs with the Lakers, loses 100 pounds and becomes league MVP eight times in a row?

You mentioned lazy. That's a good word to describe him right now. It should be inexcusable. And the Pels should be very concerned.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mentioned lazy. That's a good word to describe him right now. It should be inexcusable. And the Pels should be very concerned.

I just don't get it. The dude was being hailed as the next Lebron and now he's 300+ pounds and he's sat out more games than he's played since he entered the league.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get it. The dude was being hailed as the next Lebron and now he's 300+ pounds and he's sat out more games than he's played since he entered the league.

His frame isn't built to support his game. I didn't see much of him last year. But I remember his rookie year and he was a terrible outside shooter. He doesn't have the height to only be a low post player.

And yeah I know someone will probably have an issue with what I just said because he averaged 27 on 60+ % shooting last season. I wouldn't want a 300 pound 6-6 PF that only averages 7 reb's per game on my team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is one guy in the NBA averaging more minutes per night.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True,

But he has also had a habit of not going all in for the regular season now for quite a few years.

And his advanced stats this year are significantly less than what they have been.

Maybe that isn’t the case in May, but I doubt that.

True. Shane makes a good point about Westbrook though. That's also going to effect Lebrons assists and rebounds, etc. Which, based on what was said at the time, is also by design.

Lebron knows how old he is and also that he's been more injury prone than in the past. As dedicated as he has been to keeping his body in top condition and what he needs to do to be able to be at his best when it counts the most.

Hopefully, he can "rest" enough through the season to still be able to turn it back up and get to the level he needs to be at. But, it's also possible that he can't. After all, sometimes you flip the switch and nothing happens.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is one guy in the NBA averaging more minutes per night.

Lebron also has only played about half the games and he can "rest in game" by letting Westbrook carry more of the playmaking load.

So, that point you thought you had...you didn't.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't change why I quoted Thunder.

He. Isn't good for just 1 game in a row. Check out that meme Shane posted.

That was pretty clearly a joke.

Point is, while true that he is still balling “for a senior citizen”

He isn’t the player he once was.

Still damn good though.

He is going to need some help,