• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16059613377114.jpg

He looks to be about 10lbs away from "Dunlaps Disease".

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this, imo, is it basically is depending on a "panic trade". So far, the Sixers have not only avoided that, their asking price seems to indicate that they are in no particular hurry to move him and their fanbase seems to support how Sixers are choosing to handle it. So, for the time being, they don't even have to worry about the fanbase being upset that he hasn't been moved. Based on what has been said, it doesn't seem to be causing issues in the locker room.

If this continues to drag out, maybe the fanbase starts to get impatient, maybe it starts to create some locker room issues. But until then, it looks like they will play the long game.

Even if it does start to create issues, they can do better than Westbrook and a 2nd round pick 2 years from now and could still get a better deal even if the Lakers threw in THT.
I get very much that no one in the Sixers organization or the fanbase is panicking because the trade deadline is two months away. Nobody is in a hurry, YET. But as Simmons begins to get antsy and starts amping-up the issue because he has formally given notice he wants traded and the fanbase start its clamoring, then perhaps the supposed rumored trade may go into motion.

Nobody apparently is in a hurry to want to trade for Simmons. The only person expressing any public interest in obtaining Simmons so far has been a player, Damon Lillard who himself is on the hotseat because the Blazers want to move him. This is because Lillard is aging and he is too expensive for the Blazer's comfort zone. So, until then, lots of speculation will abound.

Last edited:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not mad at all. I just think he isnt worth it.
Portland will be better without him. Get some young hungry guys in there.
Saw a floated idea by Evan Dumerall....Not sure I'd do it for Cavs believe it or not. Lillard already seems to be regressing and wants $50 mil at age, what 36-37? Better think you can seriously compete for a title the next year or 2 to make this deal....never mind, of course, Portland isn't acquiring an injured player who will be a RFA.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw a tweet

Okoro, Sexton, Love, 2 Cavs first rounders for Lillard!!!!

lol

get it done!!!
haha....just posted that a few seconds ago.

You sure about that? Lillard is regressing big time this year and wants $50 mil per in a few years. Of course, highly unlikely they want an injured RFA.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw a tweet

Okoro, Sexton, Love, 2 Cavs first rounders for Lillard!!!!

lol

get it done!!!

Two steps forward, three steps back.

I don't see how that would make the Cavs better in the long run. That team wouldn't beat the Nets, Bucks, Philly, Heat or Bulls in a 7 game series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a floated idea by Evan Dumerall....Not sure I'd do it for Cavs believe it or not. Lillard already seems to be regressing and wants $50 mil at age, what 36-37? Better think you can seriously compete for a title the next year or 2 to make this deal....never mind, of course, Portland isn't acquiring an injured player who will be a RFA.

If Sexton was healthy it would make a little sense but yeah, probably doesn’t make sense for both sides. Lillard and Garland, doesn’t make sense

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two steps forward, three steps back.

I don't see how that would make the Cavs better in the long run. That team wouldn't beat the Nets, Bucks, Philly, Heat or Bulls in a 7 game series.
I mean, the Cavs have hung with the Nets (missing a ton of players) and Bucks (no sexton). Beat a shell of a Heat team and have not played Bulls or Philly yet.

I think we could maybe win those series with this deal, but they'd need to be sure they could win a title in next 2-3 years as already looks like Lillard is declining and his contract will be like Westbrook/Wall by then. westbrook at least.

Of course, no way they deal for an injured RFA

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sexton was healthy it would make a little sense but yeah, probably doesn’t make sense for both sides. Lillard and Garland, doesn’t make sense
Exactly. Lillard/Garland fit no better than Sexton/garland....at least if Lillard is declining as he appears to be.

Cannot say it wouldn't exciting though but seems like a deal for name over fit. If it could be made for Beal (assuming I was not worried about his slow start)? sign me up....but of course it couldn't because of Sexton injury (likely even if not hurt)

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, the Cavs have hung with the Nets (missing a ton of players) and Bucks (no sexton). Beat a shell of a Heat team and have not played Bulls or Philly yet.

I think we could maybe win those series with this deal, but they'd need to be sure they could win a title in next 2-3 years as already looks like Lillard is declining and his contract will be like Westbrook/Wall by then. westbrook at least.

Of course, no way they deal for an injured RFA

The Cavs are definitely heading in the right direction. I'm just thinking that dealing Okoro, Sexton and two 1sts could prevent the Cavs from going in the right direction, even if it is for Lillard.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are definitely heading in the right direction. I'm just thinking that dealing Okoro, Sexton and two 1sts could prevent the Cavs from going in the right direction, even if it is for Lillard.
would still have Mobley, Allen and Garland but I do get what you are saying....to make that deal you better be sure this is just a funk Lillard is in and he'll get out of it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any definitive evidence that the deal is a certainty but knowing how these situations usually develop especially when disgruntled players want traded or the franchise has discovered it made a very bad mistake, over time patience begins to wane, people, in positions of power and influence get tired and frustrated, and eventually decisions get made to alleviate the sum total of the building cognitive dissonance that is present. I am quite sure that Simmons will get his wish because no team wants to have a dissenter amongst their roster. The fragile entity known as team chemistry is at stake. So GM's get paid to find solutions to these messes and solutions are not always neat and tidy for everyone involved.

With that in mind, I believe Simmons will be traded. Whether it involves Westbrook and two other teams is up for grabs but it is one avenue available right now for everyone involved to obtain a resolution on several fronts. Westbrook could go the Sixers to play or he could go to the Sixers to be then sent somewhere else. The end result is the Sixers will have resolved their dilemma, hopefully in favor of everyone's collective advantage, and everyone can get on with the season.

Westbrook is one of the top 5 worst contracts in the NBA right now.

No chance Philly entertains that idea.

Even with Simmons’ depressed value they can do a lot better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's averaging 26ppg, 6.6apg, and 5.5rpg.

DJ, I am a huge LeBron fan. I think his on court accomplishments are unbelievable and I have a great deal of respect for how he conducts himself off the court.

But man, you got to know by now that posting a players’ simple stats just doesn’t really mean anything. You have to come with more, better info if you want to support your case.

What LBJ is doing at almost 37 is amazing.

BUT….

He is not the same player. He has regressed.

-His 22.1 PER is his lowest since his rookie season and 5 below his career average.

-his .140 WS/48 is also his lowest since his rookie season by a substantial amount.

-Rebound percentage is 7.9%, also lowest since his rookie year by about 2%

-Assist percentage is 30.6%, well below career average and among his lowest marks.

-BPM is 3.2, also his lowest by far since his rookie season.

He is still a very good player, but he is no longer producing at that elite superstar level where he can carry a team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hopeful he would be a lot better than that.

Now?

Not so sure.

Never believe the hype of dook players. Not saying that because I don't care for that program. Past history of players shows they very rarely live up to all the hype. Remember Johnny Dawkins? He was great in college. Never really lived up to expectations. Decent career. But nothing special.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ, I am a huge LeBron fan. I think his on court accomplishments are unbelievable and I have a great deal of respect for how he conducts himself off the court.

But man, you got to know by now that posting a players’ simple stats just doesn’t really mean anything. You have to come with more, better info if you want to support your case.

What LBJ is doing at almost 37 is amazing.

BUT….

He is not the same player. He has regressed.

-His 22.1 PER is his lowest since his rookie season and 5 below his career average.

-his .140 WS/48 is also his lowest since his rookie season by a substantial amount.

-Rebound percentage is 7.9%, also lowest since his rookie year by about 2%

-Assist percentage is 30.6%, well below career average and among his lowest marks.

-BPM is 3.2, also his lowest by far since his rookie season.

He is still a very good player, but he is no longer producing at that elite superstar level where he can carry a team.

Im sure much of that is by design to preserve energy for the end of the season and the playoffs. For the past few seasons, hes still been able to be the best player in the world, but has had to pick and choose when to do it. Itll be interesting to see if he can still do that and for how long.