• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake joins Kemba on the sidelines in their respective boroughs....

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree if he was starting and playing 36mpg but those days are over.

As a 20-25mpg player? Yeah, I'll argue that all day.
I didn’t even know but Aldridge is a starter now. He’s started the last two games. The last 5 games he’s averaging close to 30 minutes a game.

Aldridge is the 3rd best player on the Nets and clearly their best big.

All I said was that Brooklyn was relying on a bunch of older players so saying Milwaukee would tire and Brooklyn wouldn’t wasnt logical.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osman has definitely been a very pleasant surprise. at this point the guy is well underpaid. No, he's not a great player by any means, but a solid rotational piece who has become an exceptional shooter.....and not a catch and shoot guy only. He can get his own shot.

agree on Okoro. Hoped he'd take off this year with his shooting...not become a good shooter but at least show some improvement from the outside. Hasn't been there yet but still incredibly young...needs to be more aggressive going to hoop.

Love Rubio but would like to see him get back to being a pass first PG. Lately he's been playing like the guy sexton's critics accuse him of playing....only sexton is usually an efficient shooter and Rubio is not.
totally agreeo n the rubio stuff. he was really hot there for a while and he needed to shoot for a while when all those guys were down......but now that we are almost back to a full rotation (less Sexton) he doesnt need 12 shots a game or whatever.

Okoro kept improving as last year went on. I think starting this year with an injury set him back. I think he will get there- but its gonna take time.

too bad sexton got hurt.......if the Pelicans want to rebuild an Ingram trade of say Okoro, Sexton, picks would have been kind of interesting for both teams if you ask me.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice little way for Denver to end a tough skid...

Even though the Nuggets were without Murray, Porter, and Dozier tonight-

"Miami's depth is just fine." - @bksballer89

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sucks for Denver ot have a Big 3 of Jokic, Porter, Murray and this will be the 2nd year where they cant field those guys together for a playoff run----- thats a serious 3-some that can do some damage if healthy.

Gotta remember though- this is why Porter dropped inthe draft- back issues.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic playing. No reason for Miami to win
?

no Porter or Murray for the Nugz. Certainly nothing near insurmountable--- i understand the game is over, but geez. If Bam and Lowry are what you say they are- its not like beating the Nugz without 2 of their 3 best players is crazy.

what are your thoughts of Lowry thus far in year 1, age 35of his new deal?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. Celtics have been a black hole at the 5. Embiid presents a tough matchup for them there. Good news for the Celtics is that the traditional 5 Embiid is is a dinosaur in the league anymore.
Celtics just paid Williams a shit ton to be there 5 didnt they?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he can't go in DEMANDING to start.

But, why not just buy him out?

Why would the preference be to sit him indefinitely?

* if they can't find middle ground *

You are still paying him 85 million to do absolutely nothing.
i dunno.

is it expiring next year? or 2 more years?

having a contract like that- when it is expiring- can offer you some things- especially if you have a ton of young cheap guys like the Rockets. Packaging a couple young cheap guys and Wall on an expiring- esp. if he is useful- could be a plus.

but if its 2 more years after this year.....yah.....thats a little too long to be playing that game and putting Wall around a bunch of kids in your rebuild.

Houston- i dunno. I wanted Green in the draft but i am sure glad that Houston took him now and not Mobley.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is fine. Take the top 2 scorers off any team and they aren't going to look best. There is a reason why Denver entered this game on a 6 game losing streak

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?

no Porter or Murray for the Nugz. Certainly nothing near insurmountable--- i understand the game is over, but geez. If Bam and Lowry are what you say they are- its not like beating the Nugz without 2 of their 3 best players is crazy.

what are your thoughts of Lowry thus far in year 1, age 35of his new deal?

Heat were missing 2 of their 3 best players as well including the 2 best offensive players. Miami can survive 1 of the 2 being out but they are going to struggle like every other team in basketball when your top 2 scorers are out.

Take Booker and Ayton off the Suns for a few games.

Take KD and Harden off Brooklyn

Take Giannis and Middleton off Milwaukee.

Not easy to replace 45 ppg for any team. You can be the deepest team in basketball and you will struggle without your top 2 scorers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tlance said:
It is stuff like this why people don’t take you seriously.

If he had been traded to the Grizzlies instead of the Cavs, you would not be posting this.

In 3 years Harden will still probably be the best player in the deal and LeVert and Dipo will still be better than Allen.

@tlance

2 more years from now I wonder what Allen looks like and I wonder what Harden, LeVert and Oladipo look like. Care to revise this poorly aged opinion? no longer even an argument for levert or dipo after LESS THAN 1 year- let alone 3 (when Harden will be 34 with a million miles and Allen will be 26 right in his prime).

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat were missing 2 of their 3 best players as well including the 2 best offensive players. Miami can survive 1 of the 2 being out but they are going to struggle like every other team in basketball when your top 2 scorers are out.

Take Booker and Ayton off the Suns for a few games.

Take KD and Harden off Brooklyn

Take Giannis and Middleton off Milwaukee.

Not easy to replace 45 ppg for any team. You can be the deepest team in basketball and you will struggle without your top 2 scorers
I totally agree.

however- the combo of Porter/Murray is prob. better than the combo of Butler/Herro.

you guys just gave Robinson and Lowry a trillion dollars- and Bam is out there. Not like this was the Alamo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree.

however- the combo of Porter/Murray is prob. better than the combo of Butler/Herro.

you guys just gave Robinson and Lowry a trillion dollars- and Bam is out there. Not like this was the Alamo.

Jokic is the Nuggets leading scorer and best player clearly.

Murray/Porter is like the Heat missing Bam/Herro. Also not sure if the combo of Murray/Porter ever managed to avg 46 points as Butler/Herro are currently doing.

Lowry isn't here for offense. He isn't a scorer like Jimmy and Tyler. He has his moments here and there but he isn't here to get buckets. That is mainly the job of Herro and Butler.

Bam did what was needed out of him tonight so not sure why you brought him up

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say- right now- less than 1 year into being a full time player and starter with the Cavs- Jarret Allen is about the 5th best big man in the East behind Embiid, Randle, Bam, and Sabonis. (unless you count Durant and Giannis as "big men"".

after tonight he is at about 16 pts, 12 boards, 2 apg--- very solid defense. I would say defensively only Embiid and Bam are better front court players from the Eastern Conference (again- unless you count Durant and Giannis who are both phenomenal defensively too).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler and Herro can generate their own offense. Missing both of them when they combine for 46 points is going to lead to some struggles on offense. You need almost everyone to play perfect to not feel the hit of those 2 being out. Miami had to deal with injuries all season long and they done solid.

I get it though. Since it is Miami they are required to find a way to win with their top 2 scorers being out lol.

Would love them to see them shitty Pacers play a good team without Sabonis and Brogdon

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic is the Nuggets leading scorer and best player clearly.

Murray/Porter is like the Heat missing Bam/Herro. Also not sure if the combo of Murray/Porter ever managed to avg 46 points as Butler/Herro are currently doing.

Lowry isn't here for offense. He isn't a scorer like Jimmy and Tyler. He has his moments here and there but he isn't here to get buckets. That is mainly the job of Herro and Butler.

Bam did what was needed out of him tonight so not sure why you brought him up
my point on Bam was- if you have him out there- with 2 guys you just paid a truckload of money too in Robinson and Lowry- who are both highly regarded, it shouldnt be viewed as some crazy lopsided talent matchup when playing the Nugz with Porter and Murray laid up.

Bam was easily the 2nd best player on the court tonight after Jokic.

who was the 3rd best on either team? Lowry? I have a lower opinion of Lowry then most- but I would even be hard pressed to say Aaron Gordon or Will Barton are better overall players at this point.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point on Bam was- if you have him out there- with 2 guys you just paid a truckload of money too in Robinson and Lowry- who are both highly regarded, it shouldnt be viewed as some crazy lopsided talent matchup when playing the Nugz with Porter and Murray laid up.

Bam was easily the 2nd best player on the court tonight after Jokic.

who was the 3rd best on either team? Lowry? I have a lower opinion of Lowry then most- but I would even be hard pressed to say Aaron Gordon or Will Barton are better overall players at this point.

Robinson been off this year. Must be the pressure of the contract IMO. His 3 pt % is significantly lower at home compared to away from home.

If you are looking at Lowry for scoring then you would have a lower opinion of him. I wasn't too high on him prior to arriving in Miami but the guy is as true of a PG as they come. He pushes the pace, gets the team organized, and etc. All the good stuff you look for in a pass first shoot second PG.