• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why it’s impressive that he’s going to lead the league in PPG.

Only if Lebron doesn't qualify via games played, still got him by .1 per game and Giannis is only .1 behind Embiid in third. Very much up in the air.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anticipated. West Coast guys don’t watch much basketball East of the Mississippi. It’s West Coast media being purely aligned with Joker that will likely win him the MVP

I've seen equal amounts of Jokic and Embiid this season. The Nuggets with injuries to Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr have no business being as good as they are. That's a direct result of Jokic's ability to make his teammates better. His defense is much better too than in previous years.

The funny part of your bias is that most people on the East Coast don't bother watching West Coast games. That's why there has always been an East Coast bias when it comes to sports reporting. You do know that the East Coast games for us finish around 7pm right? Well within a reasonable time frame to watch. However the West Coast games don't end until 1 am for East Coasters. How much more likely do you think it is an East coast person watches all West Coast games instead of vice versa. Weird argument.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does that matter? It’s not about the number or even the importance of that particular stat. It’s the fact that 5s don’t lead the NBA in scoring anymore. The game has changed. That’s why it’s impressive that he’s going to lead the league in PPG. He will be the first center to do so since Shaq did it in 1999-2000 (the only year Shaq won MVP).

It's doesn't really matter actually. Just reminding you that you've mentioned Embiid's scoring average multiple times. The only stat you're willing to pay attention to.

Like I've said before I expect Embiid to win MVP. But you gotta stop with your false narrative that Jokic is fat & sloppy & plays no D.

If Embiid was the only player in the top 10 in scoring, rebounding & assists you'd be talking about that. But since he isn't, but Jokic is, it's just another stat you choose to ignore.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen equal amounts of Jokic and Embiid this season. The Nuggets with injuries to Jamal Murray and Michael Porter Jr have no business being as good as they are. That's a direct result of Jokic's ability to make his teammates better. His defense is much better too than in previous years.

The funny part of your bias is that most people on the East Coast don't bother watching West Coast games. That's why there has always been an East Coast bias when it comes to sports reporting. You do know that the East Coast games for us finish around 7pm right? Well within a reasonable time frame to watch. However the West Coast games don't end until 1 am for East Coasters. How much more likely do you think it is an East coast person watches all West Coast games instead of vice versa. Weird argument.

That 1pm end time used to be a big deal when I used to worry about getting enough sleep.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if Lebron doesn't qualify via games played, still got him by .1 per game and Giannis is only .1 behind Embiid in third. Very much up in the air.
Nah. Things changed last night. Embiid leads now but would totally be on brand for LeBron to sit when his team was fighting for their playoff lives but to come back and gun to win the scoring title.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m well aware of the bias that the West Coast holds. That’s what I’m alluding to. That’s why there is near uniformity in the votes from that region. It’s about that chip on the shoulder they have. It’s why I fell asleep during the national title game that tipped at 9:20 in the time zone where most of the nation’s sports fans live.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's doesn't really matter actually.
Actually, a center leading the league in scoring is a pretty big deal because of how infrequent it happens now. Only 3 centers have led the league in scoring since 1975.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m well aware of the bias that the West Coast holds. That’s what I’m alluding to. That’s why there is near uniformity in the votes from that region. It’s about that chip on the shoulder they have. It’s why I fell asleep during the national title game that tipped at 9:20 in the time zone where most of the nation’s sports fans live.

The late tips are annoying as fuck.

I've long been an advocate for earlier game times.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it a bias when you just admitted the West Coast has a more informed view because they're able to watch more sports? So if that bias is being more informed then yes you are correct.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it a bias when you just admitted the West Coast has a more informed view because they're able to watch more sports? So if that bias is being more informed then yes you are correct.

I'm so jealous of your game times now that I'm an old fuck who doesn't stay up until 2 to watch games

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The late tips are annoying as fuck.

I've long been an advocate for earlier game times.
And it would make sense if sports ever did well ratings wise on the West Coast. It’s essentially them maximizing revenue by taking the 80 some percent of viewers and tacking on another 20% to straddle the viewing times

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Things changed last night. Embiid leads now but would totally be on brand for LeBron to sit when his team was fighting for their playoff lives but to come back and gun to win the scoring title.

Weird that the preview for that link showed old stats. Still within .1 of Lebron though...

Embiid could also play fewer minutes in the remainder of his games, prepping for the playoffs. That could make his average dip.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, a center leading the league in scoring is a pretty big deal because of how infrequent it happens now. Only 3 centers have led the league in scoring since 1975.

Thanks for proving my point that you only pay attention to numbers that benefit your guy. All other numbers are junk.

The other day you even went as far as to say the Nuggets are force-feeding Jokic this season because Murray & MPJ are out & that's the reason he averages 27.0 ppg. But last season when Murray & MJP were healthy Jokic averaged 26.4.

So you're saying that averaging a whopping .6 more per game is stat stuffing. Funny stuff.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they don’t watch more sports. Sports ratings from the West Coast demographic are traditionally poor and that's with a focus from TV execs to make sure the West Coast is included.