• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jason Tatum doesn't win MVP shit's rigged.
If this Cs team was the Cs team that opened the year he would have as good a case as anybody. Oh shit! No he wouldn’t. Jaylon Brown is too good. To be the MVP you have to be surrounded with mediocre players. Sorry Tatum.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jason Tatum doesn't win MVP shit's rigged.

If this Cs team was the Cs team that opened the year he would have as good a case as anybody. Oh shit! No he wouldn’t. Jaylon Brown is too good. To be the MVP you have to be surrounded with mediocre players. Sorry Tatum.

Allow David Cross GIF

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron's surrounded by bad players and one teammate that can't stay healthy. Will he get any consideration?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron's surrounded by bad players and one teammate that can't stay healthy. Will he get any consideration?
Nope. Because then you have to give last year’s MVP to Embiid because games played was their reason for cheating him out of last year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw these rumors (I think from Marc Stein?) back before the ASG when people were talking Vogel could be fired. Doc would be such a current Lakers thing to do. Big name, but meh ability. But they aren't the only ones Doc has fooled over the years. Plus, no one in the media would be bashing the Lakers if they did hire him, which is a big factor for them. Instead of doing the right thing, the Buss kids mostly don't want people calling them out. No one would trash them for hiring Doc Rivers the next day if it happened. As for Snyder, I'd be ok with it but I do get some Vogel whiffs from him; defensive minded coach that might not be able to succeed unless he has very specific types of players. Like how good is Snyder's defensive schemes without Gobert? Could be similar to how people thought Vogel was great, but he really need Hibbert, George, etc to boost him.

Two names that I'd prefer that would never happen because they aren't bright enough stars are Darvin Ham and Kenny Atkinson. Ham has been lead assistant under Bud for awhile now and that's a system that has had success in multiple places (even if Bud's in game adjustments tend to lack sometimes). Atkinson did great with Brooklyn with a young team. Only reason he's not there now is KD and Kyrie didn't want him. Which given Nash's decision making, probably was the wrong call. Given the Lakers salary situation, I think they'd be better off signing a bunch of young guys similar to Monk's situation (didn't work out in the first stop, looking to turn it around) and G-League guys good enough to play in the league (Gary Payton II types) to surround Lebron and AD with. Like he did in Brooklyn, Atkinson would be great at coaching them up with his system and fitting them in next to Lebron/AD

But they'll probably do something stupid like hire a former Laker and insist Kurt Rambis has to be the lead assistant

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw these rumors (I think from Marc Stein?) back before the ASG when people were talking Vogel could be fired. Doc would be such a current Lakers thing to do. Big name, but meh ability. But they aren't the only ones Doc has fooled over the years. Plus, no one in the media would be bashing the Lakers if they did hire him, which is a big factor for them. Instead of doing the right thing, the Buss kids mostly don't want people calling them out. No one would trash them for hiring Doc Rivers the next day if it happened. As for Snyder, I'd be ok with it but I do get some Vogel whiffs from him; defensive minded coach that might not be able to succeed unless he has very specific types of players. Like how good is Snyder's defensive schemes without Gobert? Could be similar to how people thought Vogel was great, but he really need Hibbert, George, etc to boost him.

Two names that I'd prefer that would never happen because they aren't bright enough stars are Darvin Ham and Kenny Atkinson. Ham has been lead assistant under Bud for awhile now and that's a system that has had success in multiple places (even if Bud's in game adjustments tend to lack sometimes). Atkinson did great with Brooklyn with a young team. Only reason he's not there now is KD and Kyrie didn't want him. Which given Nash's decision making, probably was the wrong call. Given the Lakers salary situation, I think they'd be better off signing a bunch of young guys similar to Monk's situation (didn't work out in the first stop, looking to turn it around) and G-League guys good enough to play in the league (Gary Payton II types) to surround Lebron and AD with. Like he did in Brooklyn, Atkinson would be great at coaching them up with his system and fitting them in next to Lebron/AD

But they'll probably do something stupid like hire a former Laker and insist Kurt Rambis has to be the lead assistant
Being reported that the favorites are Quinn Snyder and Doc Rivers

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers with 82 in the 1st half. Maxey 7-9 from the arc. Pacers are trash but still nice to see that.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder starting 3 guys off the G team. Xavier Simpson, Hoard and a guy from Greece wirh way too many letters in his name to spell.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Brown gonna get a nice raise this Summer.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce Brown gonna get a nice raise this Summer.
Huge I think, got to like it when a guy bets on himself and takes a one year deal.