• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Playoffs thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting.

Honestly think that might be a bad thing for the Hornets.

Kemba is a good player. I would consider signing him to a max deal if my team had a bigger star and a core that could possibly contend with another scorer.

CHarlotte is not that.

If they give Kemba that supermax, I am willing to bet they regret it 2 years from now.

They'd definitely regret it. If I were Charlotte, I'd hardball him and let him field offers elsewhere and just take any negative PR that comes my way if he walks. There's no way you can give him the full max he's eligible for to stay in Charlotte. It will cripple that franchise. He's great player, but you can't pay him like he's Lebron/Curry/KD. They will have no future with that contract around their necks. But then again, this is Charlotte. They have a history of not being smart and making moves that lock them in to being the 8th to 10th best team in the East

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Kemba is a good player. I would consider signing him to a max deal if my team had a bigger star and a core that could possibly contend with another scorer.

CHarlotte is not that.

If they give Kemba that supermax, I am willing to bet they regret it 2 years from now.

Yeah that would be very dumb of them. Couldn't agree more

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd definitely regret it. If I were Charlotte, I'd hardball him and let him field offers elsewhere and just take any negative PR that comes my way if he walks. There's no way you can give him the full max he's eligible for to stay in Charlotte. It will cripple that franchise. He's great player, but you can't pay him like he's Lebron/Curry/KD. They will have no future with that contract around their necks. But then again, this is Charlotte. They have a history of not being smart and making moves that lock them in to being the 8th to 10th best team in the East
Jordan is only the GOAT of one thing and running a team ain't it

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

CHarlotte is not that.

My thinking as well. Signing Kemba to a max contract essentially locks them into place as a borderline playoff team in the East. It's also why I totally expect Jordan to offer it to him. Kemba is a nice player. He is at best the #2 option on a championship team though IMO.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beadle and Pierce suck anyway. I dont mind Rose or Billups. I like Billups the most though

The only time Beadle is tolerable is when she isn't talking. Pierce is a jinx & should never predict anything again. Rose played his CBB in ann arbor which means he's an asshole (still better than CWebb though). Billups, he's a cool dude.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now watch them replace those guys with Screamin' A and Skip Bayless. lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Don't know what to say beyond that, or how much can be read into this or anything else about Irving.

Kyrie's a loon.

If he signs with Rich Paul, that would be news. :D

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw kyrie joining roc nation

KD also with them

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw kyrie joining roc nation

KD also with them

I think KD left Roc Nation.

Either way, its another sign Kyrie is headed to Brooklyn. I read the dude running Roc Nation is the brother of the Nets CEO

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beadle and Pierce suck anyway. I dont mind Rose or Billups. I like Billups the most though

Beadle is fine and good at her job. She's the best host ESPN has had on that show (though honestly that's not saying much). Her chemistry is fine with Rose and with T-Mac when he fills in. The problem is Pierce and Billups. There's not much chemistry on set with Billups as he's a bit monotoned which makes it awkward with Beadle and Rose, two people that will crack jokes and be a little playful. He'd be better suited calling games because he does provide insight, it just doesn't translate on a studio show well. Pierce just flat out sucks at everything.

But if they're doing a hard reboot, I suggest this: Dave Jacoby, Jalen Rose, Richard Jefferson and Zach Lowe

Jacoby already has good chemistry with Rose from their podcast together. RJ has been good on TV from what I've seen him do so far and Lowe is the best statistical analyst ESPN has.