• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Minnesota Twins

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May as well send Castro to the bullpen to warm up. It's not like he could do any worse than any of the guys we've got out there.
I have to wonder if this chicken shit organization has the insight to see where the problems lie, and have the will power to make the changes. We have some good pieces, will we waste them on "has beens" and "discount deals"? I hope not.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...but most likely, yes. Watch us re-sign Odo and KGb with "hopes" that one will repeat a career year - wont - and one will bounce back strong - wont.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, someone will step up....and hit a solo homer haha!!:clap:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't want to pile on but 18 runs in two games, I said months ago we had no chance unless we went and got some pitching, you just do not win in the post season with a pitching staff like the Twins have, doesn't matter how many home runs you hit in the regular season, without real pitching you are just a pretender.

Side note, I didn't post it here but I told some friends the Yanks win today 8 - 2 and no that wasn't 10 minutes ago it was about 1:30pm today.

Game three is going to be more of the same, this club does not believe in itself that's obvious. I will go on record now saying we will struggle to win 80 games next year unless of course we do what we have never done before and go get some quality free agents, I lol'd typing that!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shaggy @fordman84 @WestEndVol @TheRobotDevil @HaroldSeattle

Would it be too much trouble to make this the new Twins banner?

target-field_t1.jpg

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/under 5 innings tonight before we're turning off our TVs, knowing the season is over.

I'll take the under. I didn't make it through the 3rd in Game 2. It' not likely to be any better tonight.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/under 5 innings tonight before we're turning off our TVs, knowing the season is over.

I'll take the under. I didn't make it through the 3rd in Game 2. It' not likely to be any better tonight.

Odorizzi will do Odorizzi things. 5 innings. Around 100 pitches. 3 runs... still too early to turn off.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a fucking embarrassment of an organization

We simply cannot do it

Bases loaded no outs

Pop up, K, K.

Fucking disgrace

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I mentioned how our offense likes to disappear for long stretches of time. I was called out for how many runs we avg a game. Yea, the stats can say what they want, but a 14 run game can cover a couple of 1 runs games and make it look like something it isn't. This series is what I meant. A good pitching team with shut this "historic offense" down 9 times out of 10. For a team that made a huge show about not caring about the past, they sure went out and copied the blue print to a T. Can you say "scared"? Can you say "intimidated"? Pussies.

We hid behind homers all year long and masked exactly what the NY Yankees have shown us to be. False. Yea, we won 101 games and beat the hell out of the weaker teams. But we could not win a series against the good teams, and the Yankees exposed us there as well. But we got that home run record...cause we be some bad asses!! /yawn Championships matter, not that shit.

In parting, I will agree with Nos. Unless we get ourselves a lead ace, this team isn't winning shit. Yea, we might grab a wild card, or steal the division again, but the end result will be exactly what it has been the last 16 games. ALL LOSSES! How does a team do that? Seriously. Not one win? Not a series, mind you...just a game. One game. We have some pieces in place. Let some high salary offense go (it certainly wasn't worth it in the end, was it?) and get that lead. Then, grab a closer of high quality. The rest is in their heads. Plate discipline and fundamentals.

Take the pressure off of Berrios, and I think you get a better Berrios. Don't be fooled by Fluffey. I said it months ago, when you need him the most, he will fail you. He almost had me believing, with that torrid September. But if you learn nothing from all of this, learn this...DO NOT believe that these guys can do anything until they have actually done something. They are pretenders. Titillating teases to the core. Yes, you have to win to get to money time, but money time results are all that matter. This team doesn't even have a coin in its pocket. Its embarrassing to be a Twins fan. We are pitied throughout baseball as the hard luck fans. The little team that couldn't....

Sick of it.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sentiment from a baseball movie that came out when I was a kid feels appropriate. "There's this thing called talent...THEY DON'T HAVE IT!" Yes they're strong and can hit the ball a long ways, but that's not enough to make you a championship team. You need to have the talent to do the little things like get clutch 2-out hits, pitch out of a jam regularly, etc.

It's another testament to why the Moneyball philosophy falls short. You can have all the advanced metrics you want, but you need to spend some money for the star player and the ace to anchor your team around if you want to contend for championships. Unless the Pohlads are willing to open their wallets and do that it would be in the best interest of the people of Minnesota if they would sell the team.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another disappointing exit from post season. Not entirely surprised as I didn't think we had pitching for legit run, but I expected more than 7 fucking runs in 3 games. Also had some dumb decisions with pitching

With that said, a little perspective. We were sub 500 last year and won 101 games. Yes, we benefited from central division where sox, tigers, royals combined to lose 300 games, but we also saw development of some key young players. The offense outside of Schoop returns. I think we need an upgraded 4th OF and pitching staff

I'm cool bringing back Odo, but if they try to bring back Gibby, I'll protest.

Saying we won't 80 next year is an overreaction.

I wouldn't be upset if we traded Rosario so long as we got immediate MLB ready talent in return

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying we won't 80 next year is an overreaction.

Nah, it's only 20 games, we aren't going to hit 300 home runs again, we aren't going to go sign any pitchers who can help, Odorizzi isn't gonna do what he did this year, Perez isn't gonna be good the first couple months, thankfully he probably won't be here.

Also, I didn't say we wouldn't win 80, I said they would struggle to win 80 and unless they go spend money on 2 or 3 arms we will indeed struggle to win 80.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, it's only 20 games, we aren't going to hit 300 home runs again, we aren't going to go sign any pitchers who can help, Odorizzi isn't gonna do what he did this year, Perez isn't gonna be good the first couple months, thankfully he probably won't be here.

Also, I didn't say we wouldn't win 80, I said they would struggle to win 80 and unless they go spend money on 2 or 3 arms we will indeed struggle to win 80.
I agree with all of that. Odo had a career year for himself. That wont happen twice. KGb isn't going to rebound and have a good year. And that hot, hot start gave us a cushion and confidence to push on. What happens when that doesn't happen? Is this team mentally tough enough to deal with the adversity? You just got a 3 game series showing that they cant.

Hopefully next year MLB deals with the juiced balls. 307 homers isn't good for baseball. But if we don't have all of those home runs, our inability to score with risp gets exposes, just like it did in NY. How many times this season did we see the bases full, and this team didn't even manage a run? A LOT. I bitched about it extensively. Don't get me started on plate discipline. Our defense routinely gave up runs after we had big innings. It was like we got a lead and went to sleep in the field. Over and over again. If not the defense, then the pitcher would do it. Walk a guy, steal a base, wild pitch...run scores.

The starting pitchers cant go more than 5 innings. Bull pen is a crap shoot. The home runs masked a ton of deficiencies. Take those away, and I doubt this team has the mental toughness to endure. It will implode on itself.

So spend the money wisely, and grab that stud starter. I really think that helps Berrios. Re-sign Pineda if you can. Get that bonified closer. Cut Schoop loose and teach Arreaz how to run correctly. If he wasn't kicking his legs out like a penguin he might actually have some speed. Trade Rosario. I am sick of his lackluster effort. Maybe you get a starter or closer from someone willing to overlook his short comings for his power. Start with that. We had money left over last year, and Schoop and Rosario gone gives us even more to work with. So get it done. And then get mean. Have a couple of fights during the season. Charge the mound. Flip off the crowd. Just WAKE THE FUCK UP inside and put that other guy down the first chance you get. No more softness. That's what gets you beat 16 times in a row.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Gerrit Cole isnt our opening day starting I hope you actually join me next year in my year long front office scorched earth campaign.

I dont give a fuck if he wants 600 million for 3 years. Time to try something new.