• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Minnesota Twins

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is what you get from your starters when you baby sit them and never let go deep into the game. They tire out early.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game. Its what the Twins needed to do. These Royals are pesky. Need to hammer them into submission.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t exactly have the A team in today.

Let’s hope we can sweep a bad team for a change

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t exactly have the A team in today.

Let’s hope we can sweep a bad team for a change

Looks like we're going to need to sweep, because Cleveland is taking care of business again today.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odorizzi was a late scratch today and Dyson is now on the injured list. Did we neglect to do our due diligence before completing that trade?

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing Smeltzer has been solid today, because our offense is asleep at the wheel.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As seems to be our habit, we win the first 2, then throw away the 3rd.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here comes Fluffey to blow the game. GO DUFFEY!

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Fluffey. I would not have guessed you had it in you.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castro finally did something!!

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win. I'm telling you, KC is pesky and deceptively better than their record. But we have to beat them, nonetheless, and did.

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. I had a couple of thoughts. Curious what you might think.

The other day, Bert and Dick were carrying on about a couple things. One I agreed with, and one I did not. The first one was Bert's comments on starting pitchers going deeper into games. He talked about the need to stretch them out so that they can deal with the innings, and learn how to handle situations late in a game. I believe he commented on going at least 7, if not 8....or a CG.

I agree with this thinking. I know people will argue about the "health" of the pitchers by not over using them. I dont understand that, really. Seems more and more pitchers are getting TJ surgery than ever before. I look at baseballs past and guys constantly went the distance, and did so for years. Whats changed? The strategy of the game? Ok, but that isnt the same as cutting back innings for the pitchers well being. I just dont buy into the argument. If we had guys who could hammer out 7 or 8 innings a game, our shit bull pen doesnt have the chance to come in and blow games. Its one way to address the issue. I know it might be too late to change philosophies in mid-stream, but then again, maybe it isnt.

I know Rocco fancies himself a numbers guy, but numbers dont always tell the story. They throw so many stats at us now-a-days, they have an illusion for everyone. I'll pass. I'll go with my gut on this. Start pushing these starters to lengthen their game. I dont care what the rest of the league is doing. Dare to be different. Let them go 120 pitches deep. Build up some stamina. Cure the bull pen by not allowing them into the game. Just a thought...

Hauvea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second. They discussed our lack of aggression on the base paths. Bert didnt think that we should risk stolen bases and hit and runs when we have such power up and down the line up. I strongly disagree.

We have seen this teams bats go silent. Silent to shit pitchers who have no business shutting us down. Yet, it happens. A lot. It strikes me that this team is soft mentally. That it doesnt take much to throw it into a funk. And we dont come out of it until some one, somewhere, does something, and we snap out of it. Sometimes that takes multiple games to run its course. And it isnt always US that does that "thing". A walk, an error, a wild pitch, then someone gets a hit, and BOOM!, we wake up and start blasting away. Nice to see, but the wait is hard to take.

So I argue...make our own "thing". By that, I mean teach these guys to steal bases. Use every tool in your arsenal. We have Buxton for hell's sake. Why not run him? We hit a funk, but we get a guy on base. He steals second. You are now injecting something into the moment that just might strike that spark. Dont sit back and wait on it, charge forward and make it happen. Kepler, Cave (haha I know), Buxton, Rosario, Polanco...we do have a bit of speed. Throw in some hit and runs and you have small ball going. And if the big boys are waiting to be infused with some motivation, this might be the ticket. Score with small ball as well as dingers into the seats. How many more wins would we have now if we could have generated some small ball runs? Half a dozen?

I think we do ourselves a huge disservice by NOT running. It could be the ticket for breaking us free of these dry spells that have taken us down the last two months. Man, do I dare dream of a Gladden/Knoblauch double steal? I totally believe we can do it. Instead, its my opinion that we waste these situations. I want that to change. Run, boys!

P.S. We have seen it lately on some doubles. Buxton, Cruz, Polanco. We can do this.