• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 - 2020 Bundesliga Thread

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was begging Flick watching this shit show to bring on Zirkzee. Waits all the way to the 85' minute mark and the kid is a hero again. Wow. Still what a crappy display by the high priced "talent" again. Coutinho again showing he is not worth it. No coincidence he comes out and then they score. Perisic just awful. Giveaways and missed some simple crosses. I wanted Zirkzee in for him at 60' minute mark. Kimmich not great again with a couple truly worthless shots. Defense better but not great. I thought Boateng was pretty good today once he got in.

Now we are at the halfway mark. Let's note some things about who should go, should stay, and the future:

Go: Coman #1. Has fewer goals this season than Zirkzee does in 2 minutes of play. Let that sink in. He is a goner for sure.
Go: Perisic and Coutinho. Neither worth the money although Perisic is not bad in spot duty. Never start him.
Go: Javi and Boateng. Old and slow. Not much more you can say.

Not sure: Tolisso...constantly injured. Not worth his record signing but there is potential.
Not sure: Alaba. Davies will take this spot or maybe Coman spot if they can't sign Sane. Sane / Davies would be amazing on the left.
Not sure: Muller...completely lost his scoring touch but still can assist well.
Not sure: Thiago...up and down now at this point. Does he have an assist this year?

Keepers: Lewey, Davies, Neuer, Pavard, Kimmich, Goretza (if healthy), Gnabry, Pavard, Sule, Hernandez.

Needs: attacking midfielder, left wing, central defense. Sane and Havertz first in my list.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Muller and Coutinho cannot play together in the midfield and Kimmich he leaves a lot to be desired at midfield. His defensive play is really poor. I have to say he has had quite down year overall. In the midfield may be even a bigger problem than defense. Defense is injured, midfield doesn't know what they are doing half the time. One thing Flick needs to do is keep Muller in his usual spot. Look at the results in the last 5 minutes today for him without Coutinho.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Muller and Coutinho cannot play together in the midfield and Kimmich he leaves a lot to be desired at midfield. His defensive play is really poor. I have to say he has had quite down year overall. In the midfield may be even a bigger problem than defense. Defense is injured, midfield doesn't know what they are doing half the time. One thing Flick needs to do is keep Muller in his usual spot. Look at the results in the last 5 minutes today for him without Coutinho.
You see Müller set a league record with 11 assists in the first half?

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see Müller set a league record with 11 assists in the first half?

I did. And with limited playing time early in the year. Must play in his preferred position behind Lewey or he has problems.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I am a little surprised at that one. Neuer could be the next Buffon and play til 40 lol. Nubel won't get much playing time. Neuer very protective of his playing time at Germany and Bayern. We'll see how this plays out.

At least takes out Ulreich lol.
I am also surprised. Neuer is doing well. Looks like he has finally gotten over the injured years he had. He has been making some smooth saves recently on balls that were pills or nicely placed. Nübel is going to want to play since he essentially is young Neuer. Nübel can start for pretty much any team in Europe. You can already sense the tension this will cause.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. And with limited playing time early in the year. Must play in his preferred position behind Lewey or he has problems.
Müller can still pour balls into the box with precision as good as anyone on the planet. Just impressive.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I am a little surprised at that one. Neuer could be the next Buffon and play til 40 lol. Nubel won't get much playing time. Neuer very protective of his playing time at Germany and Bayern. We'll see how this plays out.

At least takes out Ulreich lol.
I was hoping Schalke would keep Nübel, but he turned down their contract offer. We need the other big BuLi clubs to hold onto their guys. Schalke prints money. They can afford better players in general. They are doing well this year under Wagner, though. In general, more needs to be done to prevent top players on teams other than FCB, BVB, and a couple others, from going to Europe’s other leagues. You look at some of the best players in the EPL, and many of them left the BuLi (Firmino, De Bruyne, Son, etc.).

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Schalke would keep Nübel, but he turned down their contract offer. We need the other big BuLi clubs to hold onto their guys. Schalke prints money. They can afford better players in general. They are doing well this year under Wagner, though. In general, more needs to be done to prevent top players on teams other than FCB, BVB, and a couple others, from going to Europe’s other leagues. You look at some of the best players in the EPL, and many of them left the BuLi (Firmino, De Bruyne, Son, etc.).

Me too. I thought he would stick with Schalke for awhile. They have developed some great players over the years and they just let them go.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Surprised he ended up at Dortmund. Apparently they had to pay the agent Raiola a $10m fee on top of the transfer and sounds like he (Raiola) pretty much gets to decide when and how the new release clause is administered. I doubt he'll be at Dortmund for more than 18 months before he heads off to Bayern, Juve or England.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised he ended up at Dortmund. Apparently they had to pay the agent Raiola a $10m fee on top of the transfer and sounds like he (Raiola) pretty much gets to decide when and how the new release clause is administered. I doubt he'll be at Dortmund for more than 18 months before he heads off to Bayern, Juve or England.
I was hoping Leipzig, Salzburg’s parent/sister club, would get him.