• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Draft...way too early talk

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap space should be there…
We've more or less said it before, but the supposed 1st Rd grade they had on Mason means 2 things...
1) They missed wildly on scouting him
2) They failed to develop him

Either way we look at it, I'd much rather they trade for a more serviceable commodity than to trust them to draft & develop Rudolph Jr. Doesn't mean I don't want them to, just not to depend on it with an insurance policy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've more or less said it before, but the supposed 1st Rd grade they had on Mason means 2 things...
1) They missed wildly on scouting him
2) They failed to develop him

Either way we look at it, I'd much rather they trade for a more serviceable commodity than to trust them to draft & develop Rudolph Jr. Doesn't mean I don't want them to, just not to depend on it with an insurance policy.
Agree. But i still keep asking, whats as the grade on james Washington then…

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like James but I don’t think he is the playmaker they thought he was coming out of the draft. Granted I do think he is miscast in this offense & could be good elsewhere.

Agree, has got limited chances in recent seasons, but he is kind of a one trick pony, straight routes, doesn’t really go up and fight for the ball (like Claypool) and isn’t explosive after the catch…..he hasn’t changed my mind in any opportunities he’s had this season….

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, has got limited chances in recent seasons, but he is kind of a one trick pony, straight routes, doesn’t really go up and fight for the ball (like Claypool) and isn’t explosive after the catch…..he hasn’t changed my mind in any opportunities he’s had this season….
The thing is… here the receivers are depended on to flat out win against their matchups, whereas other places implement more combo route trees that are designed to help a receiver get open. And it also doesn’t help that the QB situation here is in dire straights.

I could see James Washington being a great WR3 elsewhere if used correctly.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is… here the receivers are depended on to flat out win against their matchups, whereas other places implement more combo route trees that are designed to help a receiver get open. And it also doesn’t help that the QB situation here is in dire straights.

I could see James Washington being a great WR3 elsewhere if used correctly.

Yup, could change his name to Nate Washington…..

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like James but I don’t think he is the playmaker they thought he was coming out of the draft. Granted I do think he is miscast in this offense & could be good elsewhere.
i just meant that if mason was a first round qb, and they still took washington before him. James must of had a top `15 grade.