• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 draft thread

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he didn't take off how did he get 1,500 yards rushing?

A combination of designed and non designed runs. They have him run by design A lot. Also...He's really freaking good at running the ball.

The fact is - he doesn' take off because his first read isn't there. He's more than happy to move in the pocket and scan the field.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think one or both will be gone before we pick at 13.

Jackson will be there, in which case I would sooner see us pick a punter at 13. Just say no to RG4

I hope that's a joke lol

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that's a joke lol

If there is one player I think would be the worst possible outcome for this team at 13...

Scratch that.. period

Jackson is that guy.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is one player I think would be the worst possible outcome for this team at 13...

Scratch that.. period

Jackson is that guy.

I would take Jackson over a punter, even a kicker. But if that person was a punter and a kicker, I would think really hard.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
robbie duncan is no more qualified then i am to look at tape and make a determination and when push came to shove my selection of scherf was right and he was wrong

LJ has mecahical issues , processing issues and accuracy issues just like josh allen . fortunately we saw allen improve all sr bowl week . there is nothing jackson can show at his pro day that will change anything

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
robbie duncan is no more qualified then i am to look at tape and make a determination and when push came to shove my selection of scherf was right and he was wrong

LJ has mecahical issues , processing issues and accuracy issues just like josh allen . fortunately we saw allen improve all sr bowl week . there is nothing jackson can show at his pro day that will change anything

Again, they overlook the fact that Allen, while playing against inferior competition, has inferior players surrounding him. He isn’t the athlete that LJ is, few are, and Allen cannot mask his team deficiencies with his athleticism. The NFL basically neutralizes athleticism to an extent.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A combination of designed and non designed runs. They have him run by design A lot. Also...He's really freaking good at running the ball.

The fact is - he doesn' take off because his first read isn't there. He's more than happy to move in the pocket and scan the field.

I know there are designed runs in the offense. All that being said you don't run for more yards than most running backs if you are staying in the pocket. Does he do it sometimes? Yes, of course he also pulls it down and takes off a lot.

Please understand I am not making a judgement if he is good or bad in my post. Simple numbers tell you even though there are plenty of designed runs in the offense you don't hit 1,500 yards by staying in the pocket on a regular basis.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are designed runs in the offense. All that being said you don't run for more yards than most running backs if you are staying in the pocket. Does he do it sometimes? Yes, of course he also pulls it down and takes off a lot.

Please understand I am not making a judgement if he is good or bad in my post. Simple numbers tell you even though there are plenty of designed runs in the offense you don't hit 1,500 yards by staying in the pocket on a regular basis.

Zeke Elliot... a top five RUNNING BACK rushed for 4410 yards and 44 TDs in college

Lamar Jackson a QB (?) rushed for 4132 yards and 50 TDs

and people want me to believe Jackson is being scouted for his superior QB skills??

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke Elliot... a top five RUNNING BACK rushed for 4410 yards and 44 TDs in college

and people want me to believe Jackson is being scouted for his superior QB skills??

Lamar Jackson...the next Zeke, except better.

Idiot or genius...Best QB I’ve seen since Ezekiel Elliot.
Genius or idiot...You idiot. Ezekiel Elliot was a RB.
Idiot or genius...I said Sam Elliot.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes.

It's very simple actually. You just... scout the plays where he was asked to throw.

Because ya know...thats what he'll be asked to do in the NFL...

I don't see what's difficult about that.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would encourage you to watch his tape if you haven't already. Sure he scrambles some times - he should. He has 4.3 speed and no matter what some people may say that kind of athleticism absolutely translates to the next level. But he stays in the pocket most of the time, will step up, buy time, keep his eyes downfield, scan the field, and make throws under pressure. Those are all things that he objectively does regularly. The fact that he ran for a lot of yards is pretty irrelevant imo.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean... sure... but it's yet another person who watched him and said the same thing I've been saying. I think too many people had their minds made up on Jackson before they watched him (or didn't watch him and are just making assumptions based on surface characteristics).

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG Knee had 4.3 speed also.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would encourage you to watch his tape if you haven't already. Sure he scrambles some times - he should. He has 4.3 speed and no matter what some people may say that kind of athleticism absolutely translates to the next level. But he stays in the pocket most of the time, will step up, buy time, keep his eyes downfield, scan the field, and make throws under pressure. Those are all things that he objectively does regularly. The fact that he ran for a lot of yards is pretty irrelevant imo.

i have posted films of him and with 1500 yds rushing , he didnt stay inn the pocket "most of the time " take your man crush glasses off

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... sure... but it's yet another person who watched him and said the same thing I've been saying. I think too many people had their minds made up on Jackson before they watched him (or didn't watch him and are just making assumptions based on surface characteristics).

i have been watching him for a long time and have posted film on him quite a bit