• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Schedule Released

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else try to catch Giants games at different stadiums? The 2017 schedule was released today and I'd really like to see the Giants play in Kaufmann stadium in April.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone else try to catch Giants games at different stadiums? The 2017 schedule was released today and I'd really like to see the Giants play in Kaufmann stadium in April.

I've never been but I've heard Kauffman is really a great ballpark

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My major league ballpark experience is limited to Candlestick Park, AT&T Ballpark, Petco Field, Angel Stadium and Dodger Stadium. I don't get around much. I'd love to see some games at other ballparks.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to...

Candlestick
Jack Murphy (Qualcomm)
Petco
Pro Player (Dolphins Park)
Wrigley
Old Yankee Stadium

Never been to AT&T. For safety reasons, I will not go to Dodger Stadium (I fear I would be too Black/Orange and get my ass kicked).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

April would be a great time to visit KC too, I would think. Before it gets too hot and humid (I personally can't deal with that weather).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to...

Candlestick
Jack Murphy (Qualcomm)
Petco
Wrigley
Old Yankee Stadium

Never been to AT&T. For safety reasons, I will not go to Dodger Stadium (I fear I would be too Black/Orange and get my ass kicked).

Wow. Even when we're playing like shit, it's still a great environment. Hopefully you can get up there some day.

I still want to go to a Dodger-Giants in LA, but I would wear very simple attire. Like just a hat.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya SFGRTB, I'd love to see Chavez Ravine but definitely wouldn't go crazy on attire.

So far I've seen Giants games at
AT&T
Minute Maid
Ball Park at Arlington
Wrigley (Seen Casilla blow a save there this year)

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to...

Candlestick
Jack Murphy (Qualcomm)
Petco
Wrigley
Old Yankee Stadium

My baseball stadiums:

The Stick
ATT
Petco
Jack Murphy (Qualcomm)
Angels Stadium
Oakland Coliseum
Coors Field
Metrodome
Met Stadium (Bloomington)
Target Field
Wrigley
Kingdome
Dodger Stadium
Nationals Park
Camden Yards
Fenway

All the minor league ballparks in Phoenix, all the minor league parks in the Cal League, all the parks in the Cape Cod League

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya SFGRTB, I'd love to see Chavez Ravine but definitely wouldn't go crazy on attire.

So far I've seen Giants games at
AT&T
Minute Maid
Ball Park at Arlington
Wrigley (Seen Casilla blow a save there this year)

I lived in Pasadena from 1985-2012. In the '80's and '90's, you could wear Giants' gear to Dodger Stadium and not get hassled too much. In the late '90's, things would get ugly, insults, shoving, beer poured on you, so I stopped wearing Giants gear to games. I hear from friends that it has improved since the McCourt debacle, as there is more security now, but it does have more of a hostile Raider feel to it. Lovely stadium though, but she is showing her age.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen the Giants play at:

AT&T...once. Vs the A's and the walked Bonds every time he came to the plate.
The old Vet, in Philly.
Citizens Bank
Angel Stadium
Dodger Stadium

Moving to Az soon. Will see them there next season.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to...

Candlestick
Jack Murphy (Qualcomm)
Petco
Wrigley
Old Yankee Stadium

Completely forgot that I caught a couple of games at Jack Murphy. My wife's ex-stepfather had season tickets for both the Padres and Angels. Every once in a while he would take me to a game.
I have seen the Giants play at all the stadiums I've listed (except maybe Jack Murphy. Cannot remember who the Padres played in the couple of games I attended there).

Of those games, I remember seeing the Giants play the Angels in an interleague series around 2000 (or 2001), and, of course, game 6 of the 2002 WS.

I caught a game in, I think 2005 or 2004 in LA with the Giants in town. None of my family was wearing Giants' gear but the fans around us picked up pretty well we were Giants' fans and mildly heckled us. Not sure how different it would have been if we wore gear (on a related note, my co-worker who is a big Mets' fan went to watch them play the Dodgers in LA this year and refused to wear his gear there. Too dangerous he said).

I remember watching the Giants play at Petco late in 2005(Sept 29th to be precise), the year no one wanted to win the West. That was the game the Giants were officially eliminated from the playoffs, ten games below .500.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to...

Candlestick
Jack Murphy (Qualcomm)
Petco
Wrigley
Old Yankee Stadium

I guess if others are listing minor league stadiums...

I have also been to Oakland Coliseum.

:dhd:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My baseball stadiums:

The Stick
ATT
Petco
Jack Murphy (Qualcomm)
Angels Stadium
Oakland Coliseum
Coors Field
Metrodome
Met Stadium (Bloomington)
Target Field
Wrigley
Kingdome
Dodger Stadium
Nationals Park
Camden Yards
Fenway

All the minor league ballparks in Phoenix, all the minor league parks in the Cal League, all the parks in the Cape Cod League
That's quite a list! I haven't been to all the minor league parks in the Cal League, but I have been to:
John Thurmond Field (before and after the renovation done in the late 90s. My father was a firefighter in Modesto for 15 years and would work at the games occasionally when they had fireworks afterward).
Municipal Stadium in San Jose
Recreation Park in Visalia (have probably watched more professional baseball games there than all over stadiums combined. For years, it was the closest professional team to Fresno and I had family that lived in that town)
Port Stadium in Stockton (name escapes me at the moment)
Sam Lynn Ballpark in Bakersfield (caught a day game there in August 98. Couldn't have been more than 50 people in the stands but they announced attendance at close to 500. My brother, my friend and I looked around and laughed at that number).
Storm Stadium in Lake Elsinore
Quake Field in Rancho Cucamonga
JetHawk Stadium in Lancaster
Both Pete Bieden Field and Chuckchansi Park in Fresno (Grizzlies played at Fresno State's park for the first few years)
Also caught a game in Tacoma in 1995. The girls sitting behind us were screaming for Alex Rodriguez the whole game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's quite a list! I haven't been to all the minor league parks in the Cal League, but I have been to:
John Thurmond Field (before and after the renovation done in the late 90s. My father was a firefighter in Modesto for 15 years and would work at the games occasionally when they had fireworks afterward).
Recreation Park in Visalia (have probably watched more professional baseball games there than all over stadiums combined. For years, it was the closest professional team to Fresno and I had family that lived in that town)
Sam Lynn Ballpark in Bakersfield (caught a day game there in August 98. Couldn't have been more than 50 people in the stands but they announced attendance at close to 500. My brother, my friend and I looked around and laughed at that number).
Both Pete Bieden Field and Chuckchansi Park in Fresno (Grizzlies played at Fresno State's park for the first few years)
Also caught a game in Tacoma in 1995. The girls sitting behind us were screaming for Alex Rodriguez the whole game.

I forgot to add Raley Field in Sacramento, the ballpark in Reno, and the Fresno field, all AAA stadiums.

Did you ever get to High Desert out in Adelanto? Middle of nowhere.

I took my son out there for a game, it was dollar beer night, of course, the beer was served in Dixie Cups. They had an In-n-Out Double Double inning, where if one batter hits a double, everyone in one section got a coupon for a free Double Double (though only at Victorville). Do this guy they pick is 0-season, and it is already June. Big strapping guy, who has no plate discipline. First three AB's, all three pitch K's. Finally, they guy ropes a double. Now there were about 200 people in the stadium that night. So this college/high school girl intern goes to the named section with a stack of In-n-Out coupons, with the instructions to give them out. Some high school boys race to the front row of the section, and she hands them coupons. They move four rows back, she hands them out again, they move 3 rows back, she hands them more coupons. Suddenly, everyone in the ballpark heads to that section, and she keeps handing out coupons until she ran out. Gotta love the promotions at minor league parks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen the Giants play at:

AT&T...once. Vs the A's and the walked Bonds every time he came to the plate.
The old Vet, in Philly.
Citizens Bank
Angel Stadium
Dodger Stadium

Moving to Az soon. Will see them there next season.

Will you be there in time for the Arizona Fall League? You should catch a few games. $8 a game, sit anywhere, or $120 for the whole six week season for up to six people per game.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to add Raley Field in Sacramento, the ballpark in Reno, and the Fresno field, all AAA stadiums.

I took my son out there for a game, it was dollar beer night, of course, the beer was served in Dixie Cups. They had an In-n-Out Double Double inning, where if one batter hits a double, everyone in one section got a coupon for a free Double Double (though only at Victorville). Do this guy they pick is 0-season, and it is already June. Big strapping guy, who has no plate discipline. First three AB's, all three pitch K's. Finally, they guy ropes a double. Now there were about 200 people in the stadium that night. So this college/high school girl intern goes to the named section with a stack of In-n-Out coupons, with the instructions to give them out. Some high school boys race to the front row of the section, and she hands them coupons. They move four rows back, she hands them out again, they move 3 rows back, she hands them more coupons. Suddenly, everyone in the ballpark heads to that section, and she keeps handing out coupons until she ran out. Gotta love the promotions at minor league parks.
I would like to catch a game at Raley Field, especially now that they are the Giants' AAA affiliate (although I am still a bit upset the Giants moved out of my hometown - twice in my lifetime).
Never made it out to Adelanto, and, now, sadly, it is too late. One of the two teams being contracted in the Cal League.
Those promotional events at minor league games were what made the games so fun when I was a teenager. I tried to go whenever they would give out free team card sets. I loved the black and white sets that they used to do in the early 90s in Modesto.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, hope you cherished your memories of Sam Lynn. That "stadium" (really more of a complex with a few seats) is getting blown up after this season.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm still not sure why they put the stadium there and not closer to the actual population. Doesn't really matter now I guess.

Minor league promos are always great. San Jose does free beer when an opposing batter, pre-selceted before the game, strikes out. I've never heard a stadium quite so mad at the opposing team's batter grounding out on and 0-2 pitch. They do the double-double batter as well.