• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Schedule Released

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, hope you cherished your memories of Sam Lynn. That "stadium" (really more of a complex with a few seats) is getting blown up after this season.
Only caught two games at that park. The first game I caught there was in 1991, which was a team loaded with prospects. That team had a few guys that made the big leagues, including some guys named Raul Mondesi, Mike Piazza and Pedro Martinez. I didn't get to see either Piazza or Martinez play as Piazza had the night off and Martinez just got promoted to AA.

That is one old stadium (so was Thurmond and Recreation before their renovations. Haven't been to the Rec since they renovated it). I've only driven past the one in Adelanto once, on my way to a golf resort north of there. I remember thinking that it was odd that it was put so far out of town. I'm guessing that either they got the land cheaper farther out or that the city would grow towards the stadium. Either way, it seemed odd that that area was awarded a franchise back in 1991 (I believe they replaced Palm Springs) when there were so many other parts of California with a larger population base and no professional baseball.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I will be going to the Arizona Fall League from Monday, November 7 to Friday, November 11. A buddy of mine and I are buying a family pass, six people can attend each game on the pass. Anyone interested? I think we will see eight games, and four of them will be in Scottsdale. It is very different from Spring Training. More relaxed, fewer people (except the weekend games are pretty crowded), hotels are much cheaper.

Reactions: LHG