• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Recruiting Big Board (Defense)

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For an introduction to 2017 recruiting see this thread

The following is what I have been gathering over the last few months concerning our 2017 defensive prospects... As always, especially this time of year, the names are fluid but there are some names you need to keep an eye on.

Defensive End

Cordarrius Bailey (3-Star) [Clarksdale, MS] - Nebraska has a bit of an in with Cordarrius as he lived in Nebraska until his senior year in High School. Bailey has already visited Nebraska on multiple occasions but has yet to receive a Nebraska offer. This is a name to watch because he could blow up in SEC recruiting country and Nebraska could take him out of Mississippi. It's worth noting his family is originally from there as well.

Names of note: Chase Young (4-Star), Addison Gumbs (3-Star)

Defensive Tackle

Romello Martin (4-star) [Brooklyn, NY] - Hank Hughes is an East Coast guy and Martin is one of the better East Coast linemen out there. Nebraska offered early and Martin has been pretty quiet for the most part thus far. Rutgers is the hometown team so Nebraska should be able to stand a chance to get in his ear.

Donovan Jeter (4-Star) [Beaver Falls, PA] - It would seem Pitt and PSU have the inside track on this inside monster, but he also has offers from all over the B1G footprint including Nebraska. And the SEC is knocking at the door too. Nebraska will not go quietly here but are probably on the outside looking in for now.

Linebacker

Avery Roberts (4-Star) [Wilmington, DE] - Roberts has long been Trent Bray's #1 Linebacker target since he's come to Nebraska and Roberts interest for the most part has been reciprocal. Roberts has yet to visit but has been quoted as saying Nebraska and Penn State are his top two schools and he will visit those schools. There is no time table but Nebraska is currently in good position with one of the best LBers in the nation.

Santino Marchiol (4-Star) [Englewood, CO] - Much like Roberts, Nebraska has been in Marchiol's ear a lot since 2015. Right now Ohio State seems to be the leader but Nebraska's recent success in Colorado (Domann, Stoll, Lee, Anderson) could make the Huskers a dark horse. Marchiol, however, is moving to IMG Academy in Florida for his senior year.

Cornerback

Darnay Holmes (5-star) [Calabasas, CA] - Holmes could play either CB or WR but Nebraska will let him play whatever he wants. Holmes, a good friend with current Husker commit Marquel Dismuke and targets KJJ and Gebbia has recently said Nebraska is one of his leaders and is planning his 6th unofficial visit this spring. Nebraska will have to fight all of the West Coast schools and Alabama probably but have put themselves in good position going forward.

Djimon Colbert (4-Star) [Kansas City, MO] - Probably one of Nebraska's top midwest targets Colber is looking hard at the Huskers, Iowa and Missouri. Nebraska and Missouri seem to be the ones to bet on here. Missouri, being the hometown school, and Nebraska being a school that Colbert likes and has connections to. Nebraska really covets Colbert and will recruit him hard to get him into the fold. Expect him to attend a Junior Day.

Things will become a bit more clear but as of right now these seem to be the biggest names. Unsure on targets at Safety or Defensive End so far.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan Jeter (4-Star) [Beaver Falls, PA] - It would seem Pitt and PSU have the inside track on this inside monster, but he also has offers from all over the B1G footprint including Nebraska. And the SEC is knocking at the door too. Nebraska will not go quietly here but are probably on the outside looking in for now.

I believe he's related to Lance Jeter

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santino Marchiol IS GOING TO IMG.......

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't understand that but hey what the hell do I know. I just think that it is to much money for not enough return in my opinion.