• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Gavitt Games

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually considered going to the Indiana game. But I'm not going since the Hoosiers will be so bad.

Indiana is going to be awful this year. Losing by 21 to Indiana State and having to fight to beat Howard, doesn't bode well. It wouldn't surprise me if Duke won by 30+. Just an awful "marquee" match up. What a great job by the powers that be, that gave IU consecutive home games.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana is going to be awful this year. Losing by 21 to Indiana State and having to fight to beat Howard, doesn't bode well. It wouldn't surprise me if Duke won by 30+. Just an awful "marquee" match up. What a great job by the powers that be, that gave IU consecutive home games.

I don't get the scheduling process they do every year. It used to be how you finished the year before would determine who you'd play the following year. Then that somehow got lost in the shuffle. Since 1999 Duke has played in the challenge: Illinois twice, Iowa once, Purdue once, Ohio State three times, Michigan once, Michigan State three times, Wisconsin three times, and now Indiana for the fourth time.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota gives the B1G the advantage for now. Tonight's game could be key to see which conference comes ahead in this thing.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down year for both conferences depth wise, but the poor matchups don't help either.

I think Seton Hall, Xavier versus Purdue, Minnesota would have better. And St. Johns and Northwestern both have dynamic backcourts. That would've been fun.

And what's with Sparty getting a pass from playing in this thing, but then scheduling DePaul at home. What they're too good to play in this thing, but then want a free W against our worst program. Lol.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down year for both conferences depth wise, but the poor matchups don't help either.

I think Seton Hall, Xavier versus Purdue, Minnesota would have better. And St. Johns and Northwestern both have dynamic backcourts. That would've been fun.

And what's with Sparty getting a pass from playing in this thing, but then scheduling DePaul at home. What they're too good to play in this thing, but then want a free W against our worst program. Lol.
I don't think it's a down year for the B10 honestly. MSU, Minnesota, Purdue, NW, Michigan , Wisky, Iowa, Maryland should all be tourney teams with OSU, PSU and Illinois all capable of making it as well. I think those 11 teams probably all end up Top 75ish type teams.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The DePaul game is part of the PK80 tournament. Georgetown was originally scheduled to play them but they backed out to schedule the easiest OOC schedule in CBB history. Being in the PK80 tournament probably prevented both Michigan State and Ohio State from participating this season in the GG. Switching Purdue and Indiana probably would have made more sense now knowing how bad IU is.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana vs. Seton Hall has surprisingly been a good game. This would be a bad look if Seton Hall can't seal the deal.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a down year for the B10 honestly. MSU, Minnesota, Purdue, NW, Michigan , Wisky, Iowa, Maryland should all be tourney teams with OSU, PSU and Illinois all capable of making it as well. I think those 11 teams probably all end up Top 75ish type teams.

I think Michigan, Wisky, OSU, and Maryland are all down. Those are some pretty powerful programs that are in a lull right now. Throw in Indiana and you, I would argue 5 of the top 6 programs in the B1G having down years by their standards. That's a lot.

The DePaul game is part of the PK80 tournament. Georgetown was originally scheduled to play them but they backed out to schedule the easiest OOC schedule in CBB history. Being in the PK80 tournament probably prevented both Michigan State and Ohio State from participating this season in the GG. Switching Purdue and Indiana probably would have made more sense now knowing how bad IU is.

Heh, yea good catch ericd.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Michigan, Wisky, OSU, and Maryland are all down. Those are some pretty powerful programs that are in a lull right now. Throw in Indiana and you, I would argue 5 of the top 6 programs in the B1G having down years by their standards. That's a lot.

Heh, yea good catch ericd.
I guess you could say down years for some of them but they'll be replaced by a few teams that I think will be Top 25 teams most if the year and even most of those teams you listed are still going to make the tourney. I do think the league only has 1 FF caliber team this year though

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you could say down years for some of them but they'll be replaced by a few teams that I think will be Top 25 teams most if the year and even most of those teams you listed are still going to make the tourney. I do think the league only has 1 FF caliber team this year though

I think the B1G has been down for a little while. I think at their peak they can compete with the ACC. The programs aren't as consistent though.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the B1G has been down for a little while. I think at their peak they can compete with the ACC. The programs aren't as consistent though.
B10 is unique because a good portion of their basketball powers are still football schools ( ir at least about even ). Most other leagues aren't that way. Duke, UNC, Louisville, Kansas , Arizona , UCLA, Kentucky are ALL basketball schools . OSU, Michigan, even MSU are football schools or split in the case of MSU. Only really IU is clearly a basketball school. Not sure if that affects stuff but it's an interesting anomaly if not

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creighton with a nice win over NW. I'm starting to think NW is a little overrated. Struggled to get by a bad Loyola team and didn't look great against St. Peter's either. The game against LaSalle is a huge game now. They need to play an undefeated Texas Tech or Boston College. The rest of the OOC slate doesn't provide with too much opportunity for a signature win, outside of Oklahoma, but if they play like they did last night they aren't winning in Norman.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that depaul-Illinois gm was unwatchable. Whistle happy refs. Just bad. 60 fouls in a 40 minute gm that had no intentional fouls late to extend it