• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

Big_Red_Marine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it was last week or when exactly but his dad was quoted as saying he'd love for him to go to Nebraska if that's what he chooses when they asked him why he didn't like Nebraska. That's the last I heard.

I read the same thing.... Basically said that he didn't know where this idea came from that he didn't like Nebraska and emphasized that wasn't the case at all.... Then mentioned the amount of visits he has made should speak to how much he likes it here. They also mentioned in the article (I think it was the writer, but it could have actually been his dad) about how the only other school he's visited more than Nebraska was USC, and is probably just due to the proximity.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis changed his OV to Oct 1 vs that Illinois club

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it was last week or when exactly but his dad was quoted as saying he'd love for him to go to Nebraska if that's what he chooses when they asked him why he didn't like Nebraska. That's the last I heard.

When did Darnay say he "doesn't like nebraska"

I'm looking for context here. Kind of a big thing to ask him why he doesn't like Nebraska without context or proof of him saying/thinking that considering the sheer volume of visits, time, and energy he's expended with Nebraska.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor was that his dad was steering him elsewhere, not that Darnay doesn't like it. The dad was saying that wasn't the case. I'm not supremely confident in getting him anyways, but that was the rumor.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis changed his OV to Oct 1 vs that Illinois club

This is a REALLY good sign for Nebraska. Lewis loves it here... his coaches wanted him to move his visit to a day where less people would be visiting and he could focus on the experience and get to visit when it might be a bit cooler. I don't think they realized that by October it's not very cold yet. But Lewis is really close to being Nebraska's first 5-star commit since Baker Steinkuhler.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm looking for context here. Kind of a big thing to ask him why he doesn't like Nebraska without context or proof of him saying/thinking that considering the sheer volume of visits, time, and energy he's expended with Nebraska.

I would agree... I don't think the narrative has ever said that Darnay doesn't like Nebraska, he does... just that others are higher on his list right now and things with Nebraska are trending in the wrong direction. I also think Darnay is waiting to see how this season goes for Nebraska. He is a recruit that could be swayed if Nebraska has a really good season.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree... I don't think the narrative has ever said that Darnay doesn't like Nebraska, he does... just that others are higher on his list right now and things with Nebraska are trending in the wrong direction. I also think Darnay is waiting to see how this season goes for Nebraska. He is a recruit that could be swayed if Nebraska has a really good season.
Sorry if I wasn't clear...I wasn't saying Darnay doesn't like Nebraska at all. I was saying that the rumor was that his dad didn't want him to go to Nebraska and that his dad said it wasn't true.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a REALLY good sign for Nebraska. Lewis loves it here... his coaches wanted him to move his visit to a day where less people would be visiting and he could focus on the experience and get to visit when it might be a bit cooler. I don't think they realized that by October it's not very cold yet. But Lewis is really close to being Nebraska's first 5-star commit since Baker Steinkuhler.
Agree, also will have plenty of time with Coach Williams, vs coming for oregon when he's still on restrictions

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the 247 composite he's at 88, 89 being a composite 4*, I suspect he'll get there before he signs in Feb. Big time offer list on this big kid #23 rated DT

Watts commits to Nebraska

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great addition for Nebraska... I know the game and atmosphere blew him away. Great to get him, gonna have to hold on to him but I don't think that should be a problem.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like Nebraska might flip 4-star ATH Alaric Williams as well... Auburn wants him as a DB, he likes the idea of playing RB (which we'll let him). Says he wants to get back to Lincoln, a few Crystal Balls going in for him on 247's site. Would be a BIG addition.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so not only did Nebraska pull even with Oklahoma, they passed Oklahoma.

Welcome, Mr. Watts!!!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projecting a bit but we could have use for a back @ 6'2" 230, he would tower over the rest of the RB room

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning really is a cure-all.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT A HUSKER UPDATE, but he was recruited by Nebraska

Recruit from 2016

Mique Jaurez, high school stud linebacker from California, committed to UCLA is having stress issues. Currently, is excused from football. Imagine if he was in Lincoln, he would have already gone home.

Our friend, their son just had a meltdown. He is not an athlete, just a normal college kid. Luckily, he is just 3 hours away and Mom could go visit him. But he is stressed.

My wife and I are a little worried about our youngest. He does not seem to be responsible for having to do everything on his own. He missed that he had a quiz. HUH? You read your online sylllabus and the online BLACKBOARD. He has an ipad, iphone, and a laptop. He is 100% online. He probably is just watching TV.

I told him if he cannot pull a 2.6 at a shitty Power 5 school(not Northwestern), which is close to being a glorified high school, then he is out of that University. He will go to a Community College where he can learn to study and fuck up his GPA and not ruin his GPA because most of the classes will not transfer in. I am not going to pay nearly $25,000 a year for him to blow it all off.