• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately their potential - once again- won't be maximized this season. You wonder what Mike Leach would do with this squad. I think he would scrap Tommy in favor of POB and throw 70 times a game.
Not having TA throw the ball out of his ass would go a long ways this year, pun intended. Not just in the W column but with prospects as well being able to see how we might actually utilize our skill players aside from chasing down garbage balls ang getting clobbered over the middle

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did I miss?

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, is it this?

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hall is the overall #1 WR 2018 #6 overall

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Dub really is a legend.

If we just had 5 more coach Dubs on this staff we wouldn't lose a game.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska needs to double Keith Williams salary. Now.

Eichorst needs to realize this guy is doing it.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska needs to double Keith Williams salary. Now.

Eichorst needs to realize this guy is doing it.
He's already one of the highest paid WR coaches in the country, and they aren't gonna let anybody top them. I wouldn't worry about how much he's making. If anyone sniffs around, he'll get another raise.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already one of the highest paid WR coaches in the country, and they aren't gonna let anybody top them. I wouldn't worry about how much he's making. If anyone sniffs around, he'll get another raise.

I was just talking with a buddy about this. He can name the damn price for all I care, he's invaluable.

On the flip side we already weeded out one weak link with Hughes, but if I had it my way, coach Stewart would have packed his bags after last season too.

I don't like him. He hides behind his NFL credentials when in reality he's been to the top and been demoted all the way back down. Recruits don't particularly like him, and he's about as edgy as a butter knife.

I haven't heard a word out of any DB recruits mouth about him. Not Bookie, not Darnay, nobody. Lamar Jackson said he "wasn't feelin' him" during recruitment and it took the official for the MSU game to sway him.

Weak link.

Last edited:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there something I'm missing with coach Stewart? Because I think I hit the nail on the head.
I think he's just not Coach Dub. Obviously Riley isn't afraid to cut people loose, so I would imagine if it is as you say, he won't be around long. I look at the results, though, and they don't look too terrible from a recruiting standpoint despite not many recruits talking about him.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @oaknightshockey1 did Keyshawn JR or SR ever give a clear explanation why JR is off twitter, other than the obvious, which is his dad made him get off it?

Probably just needed to focus on finishing out his senior year strong which is great if that's the case. I like that even more if that's his attitude alone. But hey, if his dad made him get off, then that's probably the smart move as a parent. I can see SR probably thinking his son's head might get a little too big before he's even done anything.

I mean he did all we ever could have hoped for in terms of recruiting on social media. The ball appears to be in their (the recruits and the Nebraska coaches) court now.

Last edited:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @oaknightshockey1 did Keyshawn JR or SR ever give a clear explanation why JR is off twitter, other than the obvious, which is his dad made him get off it?

Probably just needed to focus on finishing out his senior year strong which is great if that's the case. I like that even more if that's his attitude alone. But hey, if his dad made him get off, then that's probably the smart move as a parent. I can see SR probably thinking his son's head might get a little too big before he's even done anything.

I mean he did all we ever could have hoped for in terms of recruiting on social media. The ball appears to be in their (the recruits and the Nebraska coaches) court now.
I didn't hear anything straight from them, but I think you are right...he just wants KJJ to focus.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see some 4-5 star recruit talk/attempts for RB's and O-line. We have all seen this O transition attempt before, and that was a fail. JMO

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see some 4-5 star recruit talk/attempts for RB's and O-line. We have all seen this O transition attempt before, and that was a fail. JMO
We signed 2 composite 4 star O-linemen just last year and have more that we are targeting this year.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We signed 2 composite 4 star O-linemen just last year and have more that we are targeting this year.

True, and a 5-star kid, Foster Sarrell has considered visiting. Cav is working, it just takes a bit longer with lineman, especially for us, which is fine.

As for all the other rumors as well, it's interesting. It's obvious to me that Lewis is bringing a lot of smoke to his interest in Nebraska. Tyjon likes Nebraska too but he's best friends with Tate. It will be interesting to watch. Hopefully soon we can have a pre-fall big board up, there's tons of interest all over the board right now from 3-star to 5-star guys.

Also, in case you guys missed it 247 dropped Gebbia to a 3-star. Horrible scouting work done there, will likely be a 4-star again when it's all said and done after his senior season.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, and a 5-star kid, Foster Sarrell has considered visiting. Cav is working, it just takes a bit longer with lineman, especially for us, which is fine.

As for all the other rumors as well, it's interesting. It's obvious to me that Lewis is bringing a lot of smoke to his interest in Nebraska. Tyjon likes Nebraska too but he's best friends with Tate. It will be interesting to watch. Hopefully soon we can have a pre-fall big board up, there's tons of interest all over the board right now from 3-star to 5-star guys.

Also, in case you guys missed it 247 dropped Gebbia to a 3-star. Horrible scouting work done there, will likely be a 4-star again when it's all said and done after his senior season.
The Gebbia thing is a joke. Reading the 247 explanation, it essentially was "He's too skinny." More like "He's unwilling to go on a summer skills camp tour." They bumped Ole Miss's backup plan for him up to a 4 star.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does more camps and gets his rating back up:rockon: