• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sr did about eggxactly what you described from his frosh to senior yr

Where in theee hell did you find evidence to substantiate.

I imagine it's not that hard to look up the USC team rosters from that time and check height/weight.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His OV is set for the oregon game, may also make it for Fresno St with some of the other big thyme recruits. Having Gebbia on his last visit slinging was brilliant

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in theee hell did you find evidence to substantiate.

I imagine it's not that hard to look up the USC team rosters from that time and check height/weight.
I read it on another threaded discussion, it's been awhile so I can't even paraphrase it properly but I think it took his varsity HS measurables against Sr season at SC. Like @Red_Alert the guy who dug it up was a stats dude so I didn't even bother to debate it

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His OV is set for the oregon game, may also make it for Fresno St with some of the other big thyme recruits. Having Gebbia on his last visit slinging was brilliant

He's the most complete receiver in the country as of right now.

I still think Lindsey is more of a sure thing in terms of production.

The 5 star wideouts who look good getting off the bus can be hit and miss though. Ask USC about Kyle Prater.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your battered wife syndrome is showing. Not saying we are going to get all of these guys or anything, but things are changing in a big way. We are gonna get some guys that can play as long as KW is coaching here. No doubt we are still at a disadvantage, but these guys know how to make it work. If what CT is saying is true for Lewis, that's huge. A lot of the west coast guys don't like going to the SEC.

Don't mistake my hyperbole for not knowing exactly what is going on. I've earned the right to be skeptical. I've taken every single damn recruiting blow right on the chin and still managed to maintain hope.

I remember where I was when Odighizowa put that fucking UCLA hat on.

Bubba was the second coming. Monte Harrison looked better than Joseph Lewis. Just small examples.

Desmond Fitzpatrick and Isaiah Simmons just last year..

We WILL have a couple of players piss in the punch. I think it will even out to a top 20 class. 17th maybe, and that would be a marked improvement. Everyone will be thrilled, and you'll be sitting there thinking we had a top 10 class in the making in late Jul wondering where it all went wrong.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key Sr was a juco transfer from West LA college to USC, there was no Rivals back then so finding info takes some effort

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mistake my hyperbole for not knowing exactly what is going on. I've earned the right to be skeptical. I've taken every single damn recruiting blow right on the chin and still managed to maintain hope.

I remember where I was when Odighizowa put that fucking UCLA hat on.

Bubba was the second coming. Monte Harrison looked better than Joseph Lewis. Just small examples.

Desmond Fitzpatrick and Isaiah Simmons just last year..

We WILL have a couple of players piss in the punch. I think it will even out to a top 20 class. 17th maybe, and that would be a marked improvement. Everyone will be thrilled, and you'll be sitting there thinking we had a top 10 class in the making in late Jul wondering where it all went wrong.

irule wanted to blow RKIII as the next great thing.....

irule wanted to blow JSIV as the next great thing....

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the most complete receiver in the country as of right now.

I still think Lindsey is more of a sure thing in terms of production.

The 5 star wideouts who look good getting off the bus can be hit and miss though. Ask USC about Kyle Prater.
I'm not throwing in the towel on Lidsey yet or his talent but if I had the option of one or the other it would be Lewis just because he's a big WR and we seem to be missing that with all these wingback type guys were in with and have on the roster already

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
irule wanted to blow RKIII as the next great thing.....

irule wanted to blow JSIV as the next great thing....

Well RKIII was a current player who showed flashes of being a much better passer than Tommy... and we ALL thought Stanton was the next great thing.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@iruletheskool 's most blatant and single worst example of dick riding was Cody Green.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really we've been wasting our WRs and TEs for ever it seems without anyone who can throw the ball close enough to them to make any difference. These recruits see that is about to change
YsKJuGf.jpg

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my worst was comparing T-Magic to Colt McCoy when he was still at Centennial. It's in the archives somewhere. I did believe back then that he would be the next great QB here, as well as obsessing over Burkhead's tape vs Dallas Skyline who had like 7 D1 players on their defense and he still shredded them.

Called both them sumbitches save the McCoy comparison.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really we've been wasting our WRs and TEs for ever it seems without anyone who can throw the ball close enough to them to make any difference. These recruits see that is about to change
View attachment 138963

Unfortunately their potential - once again- won't be maximized this season. You wonder what Mike Leach would do with this squad. I think he would scrap Tommy in favor of POB and throw 70 times a game.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L I have since refrained from hyping up QB's

WR's I'm usually a little better with though, I like Key and Joe both a lot. Tyjon is the one I think is more of a hit or miss risk

Really? I think Tyjon is the biggest "can't miss" of any skill player in the country.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demornay though>>>Tyjon. (at this point I'd take a healthy DPE over Tyjon in fly sweep and top 4 WR's plus return)

We really need to forget about his injury and start collectively expecting him to get back because I guarantee he is feeling forgotten and washed up right now when he could easily have been one of the most prolific punt return/WR combos Nebraska's ever had.

It's too bad he's not healthy because he's the one who could be out there showing Tyjon what a player like him can do in this offense and have a dude to look up to.