• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who the coach is that is impressive list of visitors. They are sweating in Ohio and Michigan. Fucking fruitcakes

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Come on February

This. In diamond encrusted platinum, please.

Eight more months of speculation. The football season needs to be an outright winner. If 9-3 or better, say hello to a bunch of great recruits. If a repeat of last season, say oofda.

Is Mark Banker doing anything? Offense is going gung-ho, Trent Bray is doing something, and Mark Banker is doing? Yes, I am NOT a Mark Banker fan, I have not been one since December 5, 2014.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. In diamond encrusted platinum, please. Eight more months of speculation. The football season needs to be an outright winner. If 9-3 or better, say hello to a bunch of great recruits. If a repeat of last season, say oofda.

Is Mark Banker doing anything? Offense is going gung-ho, Trent Bray is doing something, and Mark Banker is doing? Yes, I am NOT a Mark Banker fan, I have not been one since December 5, 2014.
Yes, because our recruiting class really fell apart last year :L

These kids are smarter than you give them credit for. They see what we have on the roster and know what the coaches are trying to do. Short of Riley getting fired, there isn't much that could happen to destroy this class.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because our recruiting class really fell apart last year :L

These kids are smarter than you give them credit for. They see what we have on the roster and know what the coaches are trying to do. Short of Riley getting fired, there isn't much that could happen to destroy this class.

Will you be happy if the season record is 5-7 again? If you are that is OK. How do you think the rest of Husker Nation will feel? I cannot see it playing out well in the Nebraska media.

Currently, when you and I are on opposite ends of a disagreement, your point of view has been absolutely correct. That means I am 0-fer when I am up against you for 2016.:eek:

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm with you HuskerinBig10 - another 5-7 season isn't acceptable. with the schedule, it's 8 wins or bust in my mind. they can't lose the games they should win. MR shouldn't be around if he can't improve on last season which luckily had 6 wins.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you be happy if the season record is 5-7 again? If you are that is OK. How do you think the rest of Husker Nation will feel? I cannot see it playing out well in the Nebraska media.

Currently, when you and I are on opposite ends of a disagreement, your point of view has been absolutely correct. That means I am 0-fer when I am up against you for 2016.:eek:

i'm with you HuskerinBig10 - another 5-7 season isn't acceptable. with the schedule, it's 8 wins or bust in my mind. they can't lose the games they should win. MR shouldn't be around if he can't improve on last season which luckily had 6 wins.
I'll just respond to both of you...of course I won't be happy if we are 5-7. I'm speaking about this from a recruiting standpoint, which is what @HuskerinBig10 was initially referring to. These coaches have built relationships with the kids, and that would be enough to hold our class together, just like the relationships they built with the 2016 class kept that class together despite the record.

As far as MR not being around if the team struggles this year, we better all get tickets for the Maryland game, because that would serve as the funeral for the Nebraska football program. You CANNOT fire a coach after two years, especially when the pieces off the field are getting put into place the way they are now. Good luck finding anyone to coach here if they know they have to win now or be fired.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just respond to both of you...of course I won't be happy if we are 5-7. I'm speaking about this from a recruiting standpoint, which is what @HuskerinBig10 was initially referring to. These coaches have built relationships with the kids, and that would be enough to hold our class together, just like the relationships they built with the 2016 class kept that class together despite the record.

As far as MR not being around if the team struggles this year, we better all get tickets for the Maryland game, because that would serve as the funeral for the Nebraska football program. You CANNOT fire a coach after two years, especially when the pieces off the field are getting put into place the way they are now. Good luck finding anyone to coach here if they know they have to win now or be fired.

Where I was going with my post is that winning will bring in more 4 stars/3 stars maybe even a five star or two, this is ON TOP of the current recruiting class. These guys that are coming to Lincoln for Friday Night Lights that are committed to other schools or more interested in other schools will be bedazzled, but a winning record will bedazzle them more. Losing will have some of those recruits that are on the fence, off of the fence and in someone else's yard.

Not sure where you get the Riley stuff from. I don't think I mentioned his name in my post at all, I did mention Banker. Yes, I mentioned a record of 5-7, but that was as a reference on how recruits will react to another losing season. I am not talking about Riley losing his job at all. His job is safe for three more years for sure.

If a winning record cures a lot of ills, what does a losing record do?

You don't like me being negative, I will go back to drinking my kool-aid.

Husker Power! Current status on what Nebraska away game we are going to this year is completely undecided. I want Wisconsin, the others want Northwestern. I might throw in a solo trip, or take my wife to the Indiana game.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I was going with my post is that winning will bring in more 4 stars/3 stars maybe even a five star or two, this is ON TOP of the current recruiting class. These guys that are coming to Lincoln for Friday Night Lights that are committed to other schools or more interested in other schools will be bedazzled, but a winning record will bedazzle them more. Losing will have some of those recruits that are on the fence, off of the fence and in someone else's yard.

Not sure where you get the Riley stuff from. I don't think I mentioned his name in my post at all, I did mention Banker. Yes, I mentioned a record of 5-7, but that was as a reference on how recruits will react to another losing season. I am not talking about Riley losing his job at all. His job is safe for three more years for sure.

If a winning record cures a lot of ills, what does a losing record do?

You don't like me being negative, I will go back to drinking my kool-aid.

Husker Power! Current status on what Nebraska away game we are going to this year is completely undecided. I want Wisconsin, the others want Northwestern. I might throw in a solo trip, or take my wife to the Indiana game.
That part was more for the other post I quoted. We've got a really good shot with all of these guys that are coming to FNL. While obviously a winning record won't hurt, we are going to have a pretty great recruiting class this year no matter the record. That's my only point here.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So our visit list this weekend is a bit ridiculous, considering they are all UVs (underlined are commits):

Tristan Gebbia QB
Keyshawn Johnson Jr. WR

Tyjon Lindsey WR
Joseph Lewis WR
Jaevon McQuitty WR
Robert Porcher IV DE
Anthony Payne DE
Nate Tilford RB
Trevor Trout DT 2018
Cam Jurgens TE 2018

Squad goals

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If TA shits the bed again this year we should fire Riley yo :headbanger:

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't KW recruits that are playing in the NFL play at Tulane?