• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, a lot of people get MVP confused with best player.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A JUCO DE

Good use of a scholly IMO.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question the kid's intelligence after reading this tweet....

How many times does Curry have to break Westbrook's ankles before people understand?

Scumbrook is one of the most overrated PG's in the history of the game. Watch him disappear in game 4 for the entire second half.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably just the 46 that made me think of Martin. Dude's hudl film jumps off the screen.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scumbrook is one of the most overrated PG's in the history of the game. Watch him disappear in game 4 for the entire second half.

Honestly, I think Steph is the most skilled player in the league. I think people see big bodied players who can dunk over anyone and can half-ass shoot and then just automatically put them in the above-all category.

Steph Curry is ridiculous. People don't realize what that guy is seriously capable of given his size. His surrounding cast is okay. He is phenomenal.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tons of great recruiting buzz out in the recruiting world with Nebraska...looks like we lead with quite a few players including Lindsey (Buckeye website predicted him to Nebraska), Holmes, Lenoir and Johnson. Also making huge in roads with 5-Star WR Joseph Lewis as well.

Not to mention a bit of buzz with Foster Sarell (5-Star OT) as well. Plus the JUCO kid mentioned here, that Utah potential transfer (an immediate replacement for VV IMO). This staff is really riding a wave of MO right now and it's fantastic. Also, Kylin Hill and Stephen Carr still saying they want to visit in the fall. The effort won't stop during the season with this staff either. Lots to be excited about right now IMO.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our recruiting efforts in the past were slightly less coordinated

"This week there was some gray area of (assistants) really not deciding where they wanted to go until the last minute," Els said. "There were either options or it was a situation where we said … I don’t know. It was just different for some reason of being a little bit unsure on where to go. I guess I don’t know why."

Also but certainly not limited to such gems as-

"I want to be done now," Els told ESPN.com. "The problem is we aren't going to get a ton of commitments, obviously, until we get kids on campus. And because of our small population base around here, it's hard to get kids to come visit us right away when we're not paying for it. It's expensive."...

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tons of great recruiting buzz out in the recruiting world with Nebraska...looks like we lead with quite a few players including Lindsey (Buckeye website predicted him to Nebraska), Holmes, Lenoir and Johnson. Also making huge in roads with 5-Star WR Joseph Lewis as well.

Not to mention a bit of buzz with Foster Sarell (5-Star OT) as well. Plus the JUCO kid mentioned here, that Utah potential transfer (an immediate replacement for VV IMO). This staff is really riding a wave of MO right now and it's fantastic. Also, Kylin Hill and Stephen Carr still saying they want to visit in the fall. The effort won't stop during the season with this staff either. Lots to be excited about right now IMO.

I hate to be that guy, but there's that elephant in the room. Everything is secondary to winning. It's a cure all.

A losing season and you might see a kid or two jump ship. You'll see kids take Nebraska off the table.

If we have a winning season with no division crown we probably end up with a top 20 class minimum, but there is a possibility of remaining in that 20-25 range for the rest of HCMR's tenure.

If we make the CCG and are competitive, that's where you can talk about being nationally relevant again and can buy yourself a one or two year bump in recruiting.

WIN the CCG and make the playoffs.... We're back. Top 10 classes fall like manna from the heavens for the rest of HCMR's tenure.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not to be a complete wet blanket, but I do have a qualm about Hoston.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this over the years, but the recruits who are constantly on twitter retweeting and tweeting out every little thing that pops into their head tend to end up being overrated and have poor attitudes.

The quietest guys on social media always seem to be the ones who end up being the true ballers.

"The loudest person in the room is often the weakest" "Confidence is silent. Insecurities are loud" etc.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not to be a complete wet blanket, but I do have a qualm about Hoston.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this over the years, but the recruits who are constantly on twitter retweeting and tweeting out every little thing that pops into their head tend to end up being overrated and have poor attitudes.

The quietest guys on social media always seem to be the ones who end up being the true ballers.

"The loudest person in the room is often the weakest" "Confidence is silent. Insecurities are loud" etc.
There are MANY recruits like this, both those that pan out and those that don't. KJJ is not exactly quiet on social media, and even revels in the attention at times, but by all accounts he is a hard worker and solid teammate. I think people have started taking social media too seriously, simply because it hasn't been around very long. Think about some past players and what you think they would have acted like if they had Twitter back in the day. There are plenty of former Huskers that would have appeared to be some of the cockiest, attention seeking recruits out there, but they could back it up. The ones that don't pan out just stick out more IMO. It's much more important for the coaches to get a good read of him in person, not his online persona.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to be that guy, but there's that elephant in the room. Everything is secondary to winning. It's a cure all.

A losing season and you might see a kid or two jump ship. You'll see kids take Nebraska off the table.

If we have a winning season with no division crown we probably end up with a top 20 class minimum, but there is a possibility of remaining in that 20-25 range for the rest of HCMR's tenure.

If we make the CCG and are competitive, that's where you can talk about being nationally relevant again and can buy yourself a one or two year bump in recruiting.

WIN the CCG and make the playoffs.... We're back. Top 10 classes fall like manna from the heavens for the rest of HCMR's tenure.

Well obviously winning is the most important, but it's also important to build up momentum when you can. We aren't playing games right now, this is the momentum we needed to create going into the season. Win and the ball rolls even faster.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are MANY recruits like this, both those that pan out and those that don't. KJJ is not exactly quiet on social media, and even revels in the attention at times, but by all accounts he is a hard worker and solid teammate. I think people have started taking social media too seriously, simply because it hasn't been around very long. Think about some past players and what you think they would have acted like if they had Twitter back in the day. There are plenty of former Huskers that would have appeared to be some of the cockiest, attention seeking recruits out there, but they could back it up. The ones that don't pan out just stick out more IMO. It's much more important for the coaches to get a good read of him in person, not his online persona.

Yep.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk anything about the juco and graduate transfers were after for the DL but we know for a fact our piss poor recruiting at DL for years, including the last cycle, means we need them to start or rotate the starters at the very least, and I don't like that. Wether any of these guys have the talent to do so I have no idea. If not for the desperate need to have them play straight away I'd just as soon have the ships go to some local kids

What I do like is the HC recognized the problem and addressed it vs staying the course come hell or high water, several years of both letting the side down as it were

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk anything about the juco and graduate transfers were after for the DL but we know for a fact our piss poor recruiting at DL for years, including the last cycle, means we need them to start or rotate the starters at the very least, and I don't like that. Wether any of these guys have the talent to do so I have no idea. If not for the desperate need to have them play straight away I'd just as soon have the ships go to some local kids

What I do like is the HC recognized the problem and addressed it vs staying the course come hell or high water, several years of both letting the side down as it were

The DT from Utah is ready to play right away. More tackles in 2015 than KW had his whole career.

The JUCO DE looks like an immediate upgrade from Dzuris.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah DT copped an offer from Bama.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DT from Utah is ready to play right away. More tackles in 2015 than KW had his whole career.

The JUCO DE looks like an immediate upgrade from Dzuris.
I would be shocked if we didn't run the inside fullback trap many many times when we play msu, assuming a great deal that the future NFL star KW can get off scout team duty that day

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be shocked if we didn't run the inside fullback trap many many times when we play msu, assuming a great deal that the future NFL star KW can get off scout team duty that day

It's funny how we're happy to see a guy go if he leaves the team, because he obviously wasn't a TEAM oriented guy and was out for his own interests, but we're just as happy to bring in a mercenary to take his place.

There does come a point where talent trumps chemistry and unity though.

The DL still needs a leader. Stevie isn't going to walk in and take over the room, but he could lead by example with work ethic, experience, play on the field, and most importantly buy in.

That would be huge.