• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have offered Sichterman on the spot because he is a Triplet. He even calls his triplet sister the little sister. Oh yeah, bragging rights, right there in the family. BTW, she is going to Tennessee for swimming.

I also liked that Sichterman had already seen a LOT of schools on his own. Northwestern, Mich State, Penn State, Illinois. I am sure he had visited Ohio State(no offer from) and Kentucky due to proximity, and he probably toured Tennessee with his sister. He was able to make intelligent comparisons.

Matt had offers from a lot of other schools, including Princeton, Harvard, Duke, and Vanderbilt. Which means the kid has smarts and was probably impressed how Nebraska is very proud of Academic All Americans.

Sichterman chooses the Huskers

I wonder if their parents were sweating bullets ten years ago when they started to think about getting them into college? Now, their kids are getting full ride athletic scholarships.

We have friends with triplets also, they are PAYING for all three of them to attend the same school, which is IOWA. They thought about buying a farm in Iowa for in state tuition but I think they worked out some deal.

ooo, he has a friend that committed to Northwestern, Trey Pugh. Trey is 6' 6" and weighs 220 lbs.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G has 10 teams currently ranked inside the top 30 recruiting rankings on 247. SEC has 5. It's early, but if it holds true one might expect to see the conference well represented in the future.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heck of an athlete, definitely will need to grow into his frame just like our other OT. A bit interesting that we got two projects at tackle this year...

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heck of an athlete, definitely will need to grow into his frame just like our other OT. A bit interesting that we got two projects at tackle this year...
Don't think he's gonna be too much of a project. His senior film will look much different. He put on like 40 pounds of muscle this year going from 240 to 280. He's gonna be a beast.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if their parents were sweating bullets ten years ago when they started to think about getting them into college? Now, their kids are getting full ride athletic scholarships.
i would be willing to wager a bet that a swimming scholarship isn't a full ride. I'm pretty sure a lot of those smaller sports, the scholarships are typically only partial because they spread out the allotment across more than 1 person.

here:Swimming & Diving Scholarships & Chances of Swimming in College
NCAA Division I men's teams have an average roster size of 29 swimmers but only a maximum of 9.9 scholarships to award per team. This means the average award covers only about 1/3 of annual college costs, and this assumes swimming is a fully funded sport at the specific school. Swimming & Diving is an equivalency sport for NCAA limits, so partial scholarships can be awarded as long as the combined equivalent awards do not exceed the limit. For example, an NCAA I school can award 21 women swimmers each a 2/3 equivalent scholarship and still meet the limit of 14 per team.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be willing to wager a bet that a swimming scholarship isn't a full ride. I'm pretty sure a lot of those smaller sports, the scholarships are typically only partial because they spread out the allotment across more than 1 person.

here:Swimming & Diving Scholarships & Chances of Swimming in College

Ex swimmer here.

Swam at 18 and under nationals, and knew kids who were swimming for scholarships. I met the HC for the UT (Texas) swim team through my coach and he told us unless you have a top 8 placement there, it's highly unlikely you would receive a full ride at any major university.

Also, you would think the stronger the swim club, the more scholarships there would be, but it's actually the opposite. Plus the international swimmers eat up scholarships because they're older and more experienced, plus they need the money/incentive to go there.

You basically have to be the football recruiting equivalent of a Leonard Fournette if you want a free education.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban didn't bother with a snake oil pitch? Guess he thought the kid was too smart to fall for some bullshit like that

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kylin Hill (RB) committed to Mississippi State

not a surprise at all.. mom wants him close to home, he didn't want to wait to take visits. If we can get him on an OV in the fall it could be interesting but he was always an MSU lean.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a surprise at all.. mom wants him close to home, he didn't want to wait to take visits. If we can get him on an OV in the fall it could be interesting but he was always an MSU lean.
Judging by his announcement, he is a very soft MSU commit. If we could get him on campus he's very much in play.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3