• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Lewis's situation to Darnay's is not even close. I don't blame Lewis for going to USC given the conditions he and his mom deal with. It would be pretty hard to tell your mom you were going halfway across the country when you had an opportunity to stay close and help her out when having food on the table at home is an issue on a nightly basis.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying there's zero chance his Mom is going to sign off switching to NU vs instate when she never even made the official with him, it didn't matter either way with Darnay there was no way in hell his dad would allow it, in the case with Lewis it might have helped. We can agree in principle that he's not signing here anyway so it doesn't really matter

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys.... I just heard Brandon Reilly's interview.

He personally talked with Jamire after he committed to Oregon State and asked him what was up with that and he point blank told Brandon that he wanted to see how Husker fans would react and if they still wanted him and that he was always gonna go to Nebraska anyway.

I don't think you can believe a word the kid says.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys.... I just heard Brandon Reilly's interview.

He personally talked with Jamire after he committed to Oregon State and asked him what was up with that and he point blank told Brandon that he wanted to see how Husker fans would react and if they still wanted him and that he was always gonna go to Nebraska anyway.

I don't think you can believe a word the kid says.
I had that happen to me once.
I was going out with a girl who went to California for the summer. Talking to her on the phone and she told me she had gone out partying the night before and slept with a guy. Told my best friend later she really didn't, just wanted to see how I would react.

Yeah, I reacted.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Calvin hasn't handled this process well, is still take him in a second. I hope he stays in.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Bo said tho there needs to be repercussions for commiting and decommited from a school. Time money all for a 17-18 year old to change his mind on you twice! For fucks sake you jerked us around twice! Fuck you and your pitty party about home the recruiting process is so hard on us players. Bullshit they live the spotlight name me one Wr that doesn't.

Unless you're Tyjon Lindsey......then it's okay en sech

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know if we sucked less on the field it wouldn't be such a difficult decision for these players.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't we set his mom up in Lincoln. You telling me we could find her a job and home to live in?

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't we set his mom up in Lincoln. You telling me we could find her a job and home to live in?
We aren't willing to unfortunately, because it is against NCAA rules. This is one of those cases that is really sad because the school could really help the family out of a bad spot but it's not allowed so we won't.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge difference in class rankings when your not allowed to pay hard cash for top rated players, all the rage with Ole Piss for the past 5 years.
Wasn't there some fanboy in the kiddie pool trying to defend them a few years ago?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya oak. But I know for a fact it happened 4-5 years ago here. A player's dad got a job nice gig. Not sure on the housing situation. And the guy who told me about it said "I can't help your son, but I can help you."

Not saying you are wrong at all. I just know that it happens/happened here. Now that was the old staff so maybe we threw that baby out with the bathwater. It's just so frustrating because we know USC isn't playing fair.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Footballnut

What are you hearing about Jamire Calvin? Question how solid he is ?

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Footballnut

What are you hearing about Jamire Calvin? Question how solid he is ?

50/50 between Nebraska and WSU right now... I think Coach dub presses Jeremiah Hawkins to flip and tells Calvin to go ahead and go to WSU.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya oak. But I know for a fact it happened 4-5 years ago here. A player's dad got a job nice gig. Not sure on the housing situation. And the guy who told me about it said "I can't help your son, but I can help you."

Not saying you are wrong at all. I just know that it happens/happened here. Now that was the old staff so maybe we threw that baby out with the bathwater. It's just so frustrating because we know USC isn't playing fair.

Didn't used to be against the rules, just happens to be against the rules starting this recruiting Cycle.