• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Commit List (in OP) and general recruiting thread

White Rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of these kids that are planning on announcing on signing day tell the coaches ahead of time or are the coaches just as surprised as the rest of us? Just wondering if a top recruit plans on committing to another school, does that leave a team high and dry on signing day or has the school moved on and already turned their attention to their #2 or 3, etc...?

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm too damn busy at work, otherwise i'd be all for chatting it up. I'm on the way to another meeting, but my questions would be:

What's the feeling out there for Nebraska with the D hire?
Thoughts on who the final commits will be and is anyone else decommitting?

not sure on what the first question entails, however, I love the Diaco hire, think they hire someone to coach safeties with Donte after signing day. Probably someone that Diaco is familiar with.

Guy Thomas is a guy I would put on decommit watch, everyone else seems rather firm. I think Nebraska ends with 5 or 6 more guys, maybe a surprise commit. Kurt Rafdal, Damion Daniels, Elijah Blades and after that it gets a bit murky. Don't think Nebraska ends up with Lenoir or Lewis. crap shoot on Johnson.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you think our final class ranking ends up, I was hoping for much more but felling it's going to be about the 10yr avg #30 +\-

I think it will end up being a consensus Top 25 class

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's next?

hard to say... Rafdal would be the only one I could see pulling the trigger before signing day. Damion Daniels is announcing early on signing day on ESPN. I think he's N

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you got at WR Nut

What do you mean? Recruits wise? I think we end with the guys we have plus one or two more. I think Thompson could be N or he could be going to UCLA. Lewis is a wild card. Have a feeling Calvin will not be N, but he's surprised before.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think we can flip Blades from Florida? Any chance at Leonor? He seems like Oregon lean. Also wonder if what WR we end up with

Yes, I think Blades ends up committing publicly to Nebraska on signing day... 10% chance at Lenoir, depends on how the in home goes tonight. If he LOVES Diaco he might be N, but it's going to be tough to overcome friends going to Oregon.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of these kids that are planning on announcing on signing day tell the coaches ahead of time or are the coaches just as surprised as the rest of us? Just wondering if a top recruit plans on committing to another school, does that leave a team high and dry on signing day or has the school moved on and already turned their attention to their #2 or 3, etc...?

I think the only ones that we won't know about (from a coaches standpoint) before signing day are Johnson and Lewis.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry guys, as soon as I thought I was free I got called away.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think Blades ends up committing publicly to Nebraska on signing day... 10% chance at Lenoir, depends on how the in home goes tonight. If he LOVES Diaco he might be N, but it's going to be tough to overcome friends going to Oregon.
Not that it means everything in the world, but Lenoir's GF is no longer going to Oregon. That can't hurt.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little tidbit here.

Lenoir loves McDonalds from what I hear. We have a really nice McDonalds just North of the stadium a little ways. I used to go there when I lived in North Bottoms.

Anyways, something to take into consideration.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamire Calvin just released a Top 2 of Nebraska and Washington State... I think he ends up at WSU, but if Nebraska doesn't get Lewis (and it doesn't look like they will) I could see him being let back in.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so fucking done with Calvin. Who the fuck does that kid think he is. Recruiting in general has got to be fucking nerve wracking for Coaches. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Shit or get off the pot

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just a kid who gave in to pressure from his Mom. I understand she wants to see him play but her comment seems pretty selfish.
His Mama said:
"It's not personal. It's more of an issue of how we are going to get there. If we can't go see him play in any games, then what is it all for?"
Sounds like she wants Riley to pony up some air fare. And if that is what's important to her WSU will be it.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just a kid who gave in to pressure from his Mom. I understand she wants to see him play but her comment seems pretty selfish.

Sounds like she wants Riley to pony up some air fare. And if that is what's important to her WSU will be it.

I had only heard about how he acted after he committed to oregon st, but I watched it and he was acting like he just found out he has cancer. It wasn't just one look either, they kept the cameras on him and it was a whole ordeal with people having to console him while he cried under his hat.