• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top247 senior athlete Marquez Callaway of Warner Robins (Ga.) High School told GoVols247 on Tuesday that he’s planning to take official visits to Tennessee, Mississippi State and Ole Miss over the next month.

The 6-foot-2, 175-pound Callaway said he’s scheduled to travel to Tennessee the weekend of Jan. 15, Mississippi State the weekend of Jan. 23 and Ole Miss the weekend of Jan. 29.The 247Sports Crystal Ball points to Georgia and Tennessee as the favorites to land Callaway, with the home-state Bulldogs getting 54 percent of the current predictions and the Vols getting the other 46 percent. But Tennessee has received the six most recent picks.

Marquez Callaway - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of other notes from the Under Armour week. Some have asked about Tony Clayton and there seems to be some real interest from Clayton in possibly visiting. In talking to several close to Clayton late this week we've gathered he could take a visit and as of now the a likely destination if he were to take one would be to Florida State or Tennessee.

The Vols are still an option for a visit, but at this point it's just a possibility as Clayton wouldn't confirm any visits late in the week.
-Hubbs

Antonneous Clayton - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vols in particular have continued to make him a high priority, and Gillespie has started to develop a strong relationship with Chandler.

“It’s always good to catch up with him,” Chandler said of Gillespie. “(He is) just telling me what guys could be out (after next season) and where I can fit in, and me coming in and playing. He’s talking about staying in-state and playing, and just staying at home and coming and playing for a great program.”

Chandler also has family ties to Mississippi and the Rebels’ program, but he admitted “staying in-state could mean something” to him.

“I have family here, so staying in-state could be a possibility,” he said. “I have family all over Mississippi, as well, so it could be a factor. But I just want to find somewhere I can call home for however long I’ve got to be there.”

“That was impressive,” Chandler said of Tennessee’s bowl win. “They finished with a great game, a great way to end the season. It shows they’re going somewhere with their program, and they’re on the rise.”

“Right now, I think (I will decide) closer to signing day next year — something like that,” Chandler said. “But things may change, and maybe even before senior year.”

Ty Chandler - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From talking to a number of people this week around the country the consensus is that the Vols hired a good recruiter in Larry Scott and that could begin to pay dividends in this class.

Florida defensive lineman Jordan Woods was very high on Scott while he was at Miami and some believe that if Scott would have stayed Woods would have been a 'Cane. Woods has already taken his official visit to Tennessee, but with Scott now on staff it's hard not to believe the Vols are going to be major factors here down the stretch.

Woods is down to a final four of Georgia Tech, Miami, South Carolina and Tennessee.
-Hubbs