• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NCAAF Coaches Salaries

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong, Sumlin, Malzhan, Franklin all overpaid

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think if Urban wanted to go to the NFL he could not get a job? Come on the other guy may be that dumb but I didnt think you were.

Could he get a job? Possibly. Will he ever go to the NFL? No chance. He not only has never run a pro style offense. He has never held a position in the NFL, not a position coach, not a coordinator position, nothing. Could a team like the Browns try to lure in a coach from the state of Ohio? Sure.

What most fans fail to realize is -- the people called the 'best coaches' in college are also the guys you see with a top 5 recruiting class, year in and year out. They are the coaches with the most talent on their team. That isn't how the NFL works. If you win a super bowl, you don't get the 1st pick in the draft. You pick last. In college, it is the opposite. You win a title and you get the best players.

That is why you see so many successful college coaches fail in the NFL. The built in advantages of where you coach in college is gone. You are on an actual level playing field. The worst team drafts 1st overall.

College is about who can collect the most talent.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said his whole career, not just at MI. How many SB did he win in the NFL? How many NC has he won in college? Since that was the discussion, the rest of what you posted is pointless and shows nothing other than he was almost good enough.

When you are one of the richest schools and a "michigan man" still turns you down. That is sad.

How many years has he coached at a big time college program? 1. Or do you consider the 1-11 Stanford program he took over a big time program? He turned it into a big time program.

His 1 year is at Michigan, who was coming off a 5 win season. He turned a 5 win team into a 10 win team. Now they are 7-0 with the #3 scoring offense and #1 scoring defense.

You keep talking about national championships -- so how about this. Urban has been coaching at either Florida or Ohio State for what, 12 years. Talk to me in 2027 and if Harbaugh hasn't won a NC, I will agree with you.

I will give Urban til 2027 to get to win a division title in the NFL, win a conference championship in the NFL and get to a SB and when he doesn't -- we can agree, he is a great recruiter/college coach, but will never be an NFL coach, as teams don't want to pay 20 million a year to watch their QB get lit up by the defense.

And this is just being honest. I'm on record saying I'm more impressed with what Meyer has accomplished in college because he won a title in two different conferences receu Ting completely different areas. You take the run option spread from Meyer and he loses what makes his teams great.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could he get a job? Possibly. Will he ever go to the NFL? No chance. He not only has never run a pro style offense. He has never held a position in the NFL, not a position coach, not a coordinator position, nothing. Could a team like the Browns try to lure in a coach from the state of Ohio? Sure.

What most fans fail to realize is -- the people called the 'best coaches' in college are also the guys you see with a top 5 recruiting class, year in and year out. They are the coaches with the most talent on their team. That isn't how the NFL works. If you win a super bowl, you don't get the 1st pick in the draft. You pick last. In college, it is the opposite. You win a title and you get the best players.

That is why you see so many successful college coaches fail in the NFL. The built in advantages of where you coach in college is gone. You are on an actual level playing field. The worst team drafts 1st overall.

College is about who can collect the most talent.

If you think the only team that would go after Meyer is the Browns then you are as dumb as the other poster. I give you Chip Kelly and he never won a NC.

How many years has he coached at a big time college program? 1. Or do you consider the 1-11 Stanford program he took over a big time program? He turned it into a big time program.

His 1 year is at Michigan, who was coming off a 5 win season. He turned a 5 win team into a 10 win team. Now they are 7-0 with the #3 scoring offense and #1 scoring defense.

You keep talking about national championships -- so how about this. Urban has been coaching at either Florida or Ohio State for what, 12 years. Talk to me in 2027 and if Harbaugh hasn't won a NC, I will agree with you.

I will give Urban til 2027 to get to win a division title in the NFL, win a conference championship in the NFL and get to a SB and when he doesn't -- we can agree, he is a great recruiter/college coach, but will never be an NFL coach, as teams don't want to pay 20 million a year to watch their QB get lit up by the defense.

And this is just being honest. I'm on record saying I'm more impressed with what Meyer has accomplished in college because he won a title in two different conferences receu Ting completely different areas. You take the run option spread from Meyer and he loses what makes his teams great.

Urbans first HC job was in 2001, 2005 if you want to go with big program. It took him until the 2008 season to win a NC.
Harbs now has 8 years as a HC in college. This should be his year...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think the only team that would go after Meyer is the Browns then you are as dumb as the other poster. I give you Chip Kelly and he never won a NC.

Urbans first HC job was in 2001, 2005 if you want to go with big program. It took him until the 2008 season to win a NC.
Harbs now has 8 years as a HC in college. This should be his year...

I used the Browns as an example, because they are an Ohio team and someone who seems to be looking for a new head coach.

And Using Chip Kelly isn't the best example, he will most likely fail out of the NFL at year end. Won 90% of his games in college and 49% and falling in the NFL.

And why is it when I ask the question -- how many years has Harbaugh coached at a big time program? Everyone skirts the question?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used the Browns as an example, because they are an Ohio team and someone who seems to be looking for a new head coach.

And Using Chip Kelly isn't the best example, he will most likely fail out of the NFL at year end. Won 90% of his games in college and 49% and falling in the NFL.

And why is it when I ask the question -- how many years has Harbaugh coached at a big time program? Everyone skirts the question?
Dude is a clown homer. Sure Meyer would get a job, but he sure as hell would not be as big of an nfl coaching candidate as Harbaugh. Harbaugh had more ties to the NFL.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats because they are still waiting for Harbs to coach at a big time program. Ha sorry could not resist, it was too easy. It all depends on what people consider "big time". Is Stanford, maybe. They have good brand that can bring in recruits. They also have a tougher time getting the qualified. So opinions vary.
As I said in my last post, 8 years for Meyer. Oh and all of those years were not at a "big time" program.

Chip Kelly is a great example. He was hired and is not as proven as Meyer. Lots of NFL coaches do not do so well and are hired still by other teams.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is a clown homer. Sure Meyer would get a job, but he sure as hell would not be as big of an nfl coaching candidate as Harbaugh. Harbaugh had more ties to the NFL.
So you are wasting your time arguing something that was never stated? You are slow, exactly what I would expect from a skunk weasel.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats because they are still waiting for Harbs to coach at a big time program. Ha sorry could not resist, it was too easy. It all depends on what people consider "big time". Is Stanford, maybe. They have good brand that can bring in recruits. They also have a tougher time getting the qualified. So opinions vary.
As I said in my last post, 8 years for Meyer. Oh and all of those years were not at a "big time" program.

Chip Kelly is a great example. He was hired and is not as proven as Meyer. Lots of NFL coaches do not do so well and are hired still by other teams.

Stanford was the opposite of big time when Harbaugh went there though. They were literally one of the worst teams in not only the P5 conferences but all of football. And while I know I set myself up for that first comment, but in reality, the only legitimate shot he has had in college of ever winning a title is at Michigan. Even Michigan isn't the best spot for Blue Blood programs, because we trail way behind in local talent than most of the others. I don't know OSU numbers for instate 5 star recruits, but Bama has like 8 or 9 from instate in the last 4 years. Michigan hasn't even had a 5 star recruit during that time from the state. DPJ is the 1st one.

And I do agree with the Chip Kelly comparison, but I think he messed it up for others, as it didn't take long for DC's in the NFL to figure out his offensive scheme. It is so much so now -- he has the 49ers slowing down on offense.

Here is my opinion of Urban Meyer. He is a great college coach. Why? When you combine the run spread option with how he recruits -- it makes an offense that is tough to stop when you have lesser talent, next to impossible with the talent he brings in.

In the NFL, what makes him great will no longer be useful. He has run nothing but run spread and no one will do that in the NFL. When you are paying 100 million dollar contracts for QBs, if he gets hurt running the ball your season is basically done. Recruiting is worth nothing in the NFL. You are stuck with the hand you are dealt. Are you going to invest millions on a coach who has never run a pro style offense? I know someone did with Kelly, but he brought the warp speed offense, which some thought would work. Which it did til teams got tape and could game plan.

In essence -- if I had to choose a college coach between Meyer and Harbaugh. I'd take Meyer.
If I had to choose a football coach -- I'd take Harbaugh. Meyer is where he will spend his career. College is the perfect spot for what makes him great. If he goes to the NFL, he will be at the bottom for coaches and I don't think his ego (every Great HC has a huge one) will go along with that

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, some big salaries there. Got to think Michigan is getting the most out of that investment though.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charley Weiss gets paid more right now from ND than Kelly does.
stopped paying him last year, but last year, this was a true statement.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford was the opposite of big time when Harbaugh went there though. They were literally one of the worst teams in not only the P5 conferences but all of football. And while I know I set myself up for that first comment, but in reality, the only legitimate shot he has had in college of ever winning a title is at Michigan. Even Michigan isn't the best spot for Blue Blood programs, because we trail way behind in local talent than most of the others. I don't know OSU numbers for instate 5 star recruits, but Bama has like 8 or 9 from instate in the last 4 years. Michigan hasn't even had a 5 star recruit during that time from the state. DPJ is the 1st one.

And I do agree with the Chip Kelly comparison, but I think he messed it up for others, as it didn't take long for DC's in the NFL to figure out his offensive scheme. It is so much so now -- he has the 49ers slowing down on offense.

Here is my opinion of Urban Meyer. He is a great college coach. Why? When you combine the run spread option with how he recruits -- it makes an offense that is tough to stop when you have lesser talent, next to impossible with the talent he brings in.

In the NFL, what makes him great will no longer be useful. He has run nothing but run spread and no one will do that in the NFL. When you are paying 100 million dollar contracts for QBs, if he gets hurt running the ball your season is basically done. Recruiting is worth nothing in the NFL. You are stuck with the hand you are dealt. Are you going to invest millions on a coach who has never run a pro style offense? I know someone did with Kelly, but he brought the warp speed offense, which some thought would work. Which it did til teams got tape and could game plan.

In essence -- if I had to choose a college coach between Meyer and Harbaugh. I'd take Meyer.
If I had to choose a football coach -- I'd take Harbaugh. Meyer is where he will spend his career. College is the perfect spot for what makes him great. If he goes to the NFL, he will be at the bottom for coaches and I don't think his ego (every Great HC has a huge one) will go along with that
I agree with all you said but I never said Harbs was not a good coach. The conversation started because I said when Harbs was hired MI was desperate to get a good coach. After the RR experiment and clap master Hoke they were very desperate.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all you said but I never said Harbs was not a good coach. The conversation started because I said when Harbs was hired MI was desperate to get a good coach. After the RR experiment and clap master Hoke they were very desperate.

I think you may be correct and for Michigan there only was one choice!!!

I would expect big raises coming for Nick Saban and urban meyers.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you may be correct and for Michigan there only was one choice!!!

I would expect big raises coming for Nick Saban and urban meyers.
Im glad that Ohio guy could help out and right the ship up there. :D

Hard2Bluff

Beer Consumer
Hoopla Cash
$ 263.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA TODAY Sports
2016 NCAAF COACHES SALARIES
Saban:

th

WTF? :noidea::D

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suppose you could call it desperation. They wanted to get Harbaugh away from the NFL and thankfully, in the NFL, teams cannot talk to other coaches til after the season ends. So UM had to make him offer he'd accept on the spot. If they tried low balling him, he could have said thanks, but I will wait to see what the Colts and Raiders will offer and get back to you.

Hell, he has to be making them some serious money, as they basically gave him a 2 million a year raise already, in the form of the insurance policy. On top of that, he can make like 2 million more in incentives. It is a crazy amount of money, but they did what they had to do.

My guess is -- you will see Texas doing something along the same lines. Wouldn't surprise me to see them pay their coach more than Harbaugh, if they try to lure a coach away from the NFL or another school.

Hard2Bluff

Beer Consumer
Hoopla Cash
$ 263.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose you could call it desperation. They wanted to get Harbaugh away from the NFL and thankfully, in the NFL, teams cannot talk to other coaches til after the season ends. So UM had to make him offer he'd accept on the spot. If they tried low balling him, he could have said thanks, but I will wait to see what the Colts and Raiders will offer and get back to you.

Hell, he has to be making them some serious money, as they basically gave him a 2 million a year raise already, in the form of the insurance policy. On top of that, he can make like 2 million more in incentives. It is a crazy amount of money, but they did what they had to do.

My guess is -- you will see Texas doing something along the same lines. Wouldn't surprise me to see them pay their coach more than Harbaugh, if they try to lure a coach away from the NFL or another school.
Texas pay 12 mil for herman. lol