• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always the bridesmaid.

dNnfOTNW_bigger.jpgMarc SteinVerified account‏@ESPNSteinLine
League sources say Dallas understands Barnes will likely only be available to them if the Warriors land Kevin Durant but want to try anyway.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade at 10 million? I think the Knicks would make that offer, but besides that, I think the question is how serious is Miami's "interest" in Lee and Waiters? I mean, in the end I can't see D-Wade wearing another uniform, but this is the first time that I've seen Miami lookin elsewhere in these negotiations with Wade. However, all this could be null and void, if there interest is to fill out there team with one of those guys(which may be more likely), as opposed to being Wade's replacement

And who said they were looking elsewhere for anything?

Unless I hear Riley say it, I don't believe it.

They are pretty good at leaking nothing ( or at least anything true).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
throw in hezonja and it might be somethign to consider

They would have to throw in someone in that price range to make it work.

You like the move for the Cavs?

I do. A lot.

Magic has to move Vuc, right?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 24s25 seconds ago
Can confirm @TimBontemps report on Wizards deal for Ian Mahinmi: four years, $64 million. All guaranteed, per sources.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More thoughts on FA so far:

-Deng to the Lakers is a good signing. No question the backend of that deal he won't live up to because he's already declining but if things go like they should, he shouldn't be playing heavy minutes on that back end anyway. For where they are now, he's a much better fit than Bazemore, who was offered the same deal and turned it down (thankfully!).

-Continuing from my previous musing; again, WTF is Orlando doing? 4 years, 70+mil to Biyombo is a fair price but they don't need Biyombo. How does he fit in with Vucevic, Ibaka, and Gordon? Are they moving Vucevic (a mistake if they are)? And if you had plans to go after Biyombo, why trade for Ibaka and give up two young players in Oladipo and Sabonis? Go home, Orlando. You're drunk.

-Finally Boston can reap the rewards of Ainge's asset rebuild. Getting Horford is a huge deal. Not only is a star that they desperately needed, he also make Boston attractive to other FAs going forward. He's like the first FA I can think of in forever that willingly chose Boston (I'm not counting the Garnett/Allen situation since it was contingent on each other). I thought they flopped in the draft but I wasn't too worried because they still had their most valuable asset, the Nets 2017 draft pick. So whether they get Durant this year (or next year), having Horford with that team and that draft pick makes them a serious team.

- Been reading that Horford and Atlanta ended up about 5 mil apart and even though Horford loved Atlanta, he wanted that money. Which takes me to what I was saying last night, why the hell would you pursue Bazemore first over Horford? Atlanta screwed themselves on that one.

-Surprised to see Miami lose both Johnson and Deng. I figured they would keep at least one. If you're Miami, you've got to be pretty worried now where you'll stand next year. I'm not talking about Wade (I think he stays), I'm talking about the fact that your season rests entirely on Bosh's health now. With Johnson and/or Deng, as we saw, Miami could still muster a formidable team. Now...not so much barring a dramatic offensive leap from Justice Winslow. I think Winslow is capable of that down the road, just maybe not next year. Maybe they can scrap together some vets from what is still out there in free agency, but I think the Heat have gone from potential East winners (with Bosh healthy) to now just playoff team (with Bosh healthy) with the loss of those two guys.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that.
Barnes, a max??

Poor Mavs fans.
Lol I literally face palmed when I read it. We had to spend money to get to the minimum somehow. I honestly hope Dirk leaves now because this team is bad and he should take his shot at a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.