• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Free Agency Talk

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no kidding!

Austin isn't worth 12M. he might be worth half that. if they spend more than that, they are overpaying IMO.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over 12mil for a guy like Austin??? My God.........

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I get the feeling that the Rams are going to do something next month so blooming stupid that it will once again confirm what the rest of the league knows about the now Los Angeles Rams?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think I am getting confirmation of my internal vibe posted above. If this Mock goes down, this will be one of the dumbest moves yet by Snisher. Trading up with Dallas to four to get none other than Carson Wentz. Two number ones, a two, and Foles for Wentz. Seriously? At least take Goff. The number ones would be our 15 this year, one next year in 2017, and a two this year along with Foles.

Sure we dump salary and we lose on a number one next year but didn't we do this with Dallas to get Tavon Austin? How is that working out for the Rams. That price was way less than this one if THIS ALL GOES DOWN ON DRAFT DAY!

2016 BRB NFL Mock Draft: With The Fourth Pick, The Los Angeles Rams Select...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no guarantee that Wentz is available at 4 (Cleveland). I personally prefer Wentz to Goff, but they're relatively close. I would be OK with #15 and #42 to trade up, but using that 2017 1st is too much for this QB class IMO. They would have to be convinced that these guys will be at least potential pro bowl QBs.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no guarantee that Wentz is available at 4 (Cleveland). I personally prefer Wentz to Goff, but they're relatively close. I would be OK with #15 and #42 to trade up, but using that 2017 1st is too much for this QB class IMO. They would have to be convinced that these guys will be at least potential pro bowl QBs.

No there isn't any guarantee Shopson. That is why that speculative move, if it went down, would be the dumbest move yet by Snisher. Oops, there is one even dumber. Trading up to get Lynch (see above post).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading up to get Lynch would be ridiculous. He seems way too Kaepernick for my liking. If that's what you want, trade a 3rd round pick and Foles to SF for Kaep.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro

the trade was with Buffalo to get Austin. but, yes, that was a terrible move when you consider Hopkins went 26th and is 5x's better than Tavon.

if they trade up in this draft, it will be a bad move because it will be way too expensive vs the talent you are getting in return. the cost is just too steep.

better to stay pat, or trade down.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do trade up, that QB better be ready win out the starting position from Case in the preseason or I agree with Blue.

Fisher will be one and done in LA.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure Vita and Blue that even if Fisher lays an egg and the QB they select is a turd that he gets fired. Kroneke is so clueless about putting a winning product on the field that they signed Fisher to an extension even after four losing seasons. As Jermaine has often stated, what NFL franchise in recent memory does that? I suspect that the only thing that will get Korneke's attention to fire Fisher is if the money stream begins to dry up because of a perennial loser that fans lose interest in.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any contract extension he gets Retro will be in affect, payment for moving the team. As I've read, the extension will only go through 2018.

ESPN reported the <Fisher> contract could be structured as a short-term extension expiring in 2018 to coincide with the opening of the team's new stadium in Inglewood.

If he lays an egg he will get his walking papers by seasons end.

It's playoffs, or bust.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade up for Goff or Wentz, we shouldn't expect to make the playoffs. It's hard for rookie QB's to lead a team to the playoffs in their first year, let alone a team with very little offensive fire power like the Rams. We'd have to expect to lose at least one second round pick this year and probably a future pick or two as well. That would leave us with only 1 second round and 1 third round pick this year. The FO would need to make sure those picks are a combo of two WR's or a WR & TE.

Hypothetically, something like 1. Goff/Wentz 2. Tyler Boyd/Hunter Henry/Michael Thomas 3. Sterling Shepard/Braxton Miller/Nick Vannet

Unfortunately, we haven't had that kind of track record.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not so sure Vita and Blue that even if Fisher lays an egg and the QB they select is a turd that he gets fired. Kroneke is so clueless about putting a winning product on the field that they signed Fisher to an extension even after four losing seasons. As Jermaine has often stated, what NFL franchise in recent memory does that? I suspect that the only thing that will get Korneke's attention to fire Fisher is if the money stream begins to dry up because of a perennial loser that fans lose interest in.

and that would take a while to happen Retro.

the excitement of the Rams being back in LA will carry it for a few years at least, and by then the new stadium will be done and probably carry that excitement for a while longer.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade up for Goff or Wentz, we shouldn't expect to make the playoffs. It's hard for rookie QB's to lead a team to the playoffs in their first year, let alone a team with very little offensive fire power like the Rams. We'd have to expect to lose at least one second round pick this year and probably a future pick or two as well. That would leave us with only 1 second round and 1 third round pick this year. The FO would need to make sure those picks are a combo of two WR's or a WR & TE.

Hypothetically, something like 1. Goff/Wentz 2. Tyler Boyd/Hunter Henry/Michael Thomas 3. Sterling Shepard/Braxton Miller/Nick Vannet

Unfortunately, we haven't had that kind of track record.

that's why trading up doesn't make alot of sense for the Rams.

tough to rebuild a team when you are giving away valuable picks ( including 1st rounders ) to try and get a QB that may or may not be better than what you have. this years QB class is not worth mortgaging the future over.

if Fisher and Co. truly want to be a smash-mouth, ground and pound team, they only need a serviceable QB ( ala how the Ravens won their SB in 2000 ).

draft a WR or 2 and a C and maybe another RB so Gurley's wheels don't fall off rushing for over 300 attempts a season, and wait for next draft when the QB class is supposed to be better.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and I know that ALR but it seems that Snisher always want to make a splash on Draft day to prove they are not a couple of bozos acting as a legitimate FO. If they would just use their head, they would get what they are after and select talent that is right there in front of us.

And seems when they have three serviceable QBs, they want somebody else that is spectacular. WTH? They haven't even considered Foles making a comeback or even giving Mannion a chance. Nope, du-da, du-da, off we go to the draft to be really great!! Dumbasses!