• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016-2017 Oscars / 89th Academy Awards

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to see Hacksaw Ridge tonight... It was good... But i didn't think it was anything special... Liked both Arrival and Hell or High Water better...

will see the others soon...

BigDGarciaFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No oscar nods of any kind for deadpool??? Dang I watch deadpool for nothing!!!!

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on that-Meryl Streep wins best actress,and gets another chance to rip into Trump

I think she got the Oscar nomination because of her Golden Globes performance more than anything else...

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often do you hear a lot of applause after a movie in a theater? Hidden Figures elicited a lot of applause when I saw it. Well deserved applause too. Very good movie.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oscars are strictly political these days.

Liberals will be calling Hollywood racist if they pick La La Land even though they would also defend Selma and 12 Years a Slave and probably want the movie to be about race almost every time if a movie gets close.

Honestly I need to catch up on my movies. TV has been dominating my attention lately.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oscar Noms were announced this morning.

Best Picture

Arrival
Fences
Hacksaw Ridge
Hell or High Water
Hidden Figures
La La Land
Lion
Manchester By the Sea
Moonlight

I have only seen HoHW, and IMHO, that was not a Best Pic-level movie. Based purely on reviews I have seen and the general buzz, I expect Hidden Figures to win. But La La Land could surprise, as HF, Fences and Moonlight might split the vote. No chance for Arrival, Hacksaw Ridge or Manchester.

Actor

Casey Affleck
Andrew Garfield
Ryan Gosling
Virgo Mortensen
Denzel Washington

I haven't seen any of these movies. Based on buzz, I expect Affleck to win.

Actress

Isabelle Huppert
Ruth Negga (Holy shit, seriously!?)
Natalie Portman
Emma Stone
Meryl Streep

I have no idea where this will go. TV Sci Fi actress, Ruth Negga gets a nod? I have never even heard of "Loving", but i am shocked that Negga (Preacher, Misfits) gets this kind of bump.

were is sully? that shit was good.

and the only movie I've seen in a while outside fo secret life of pets and Finding lesbian dory

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moonlight was a good movie, but overrated because of one scene. You take those few scenes away and it won't be a Oscar nominee. Hell or High Water was a good movie, I don't know Best Picture good. Holly loves musicals so I wouldn't be surprised to see La La Land win.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moonlight was a good movie, but overrated because of one scene. You take those few scenes away and it won't be a Oscar nominee. Hell or High Water was a good movie, I don't know Best Picture good. Holly loves musicals so I wouldn't be surprised to see La La Land win.

Yep. And movies about Hollywood. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Hidden figures- so far this is the best movie of them all... (have seen La La land, Arrival, Hacksaw Ridge, Hell or High water)

What i respected most about the movie was they expected the viewers to know how hard it was for blacks, the movie didn't really focus on it, even though it was a major theme....

Right now: i rank them

1. Hidden figures
2. Arrival
3. Hell Or High water
4. Hacksaw Ridge
5. La La land

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw Hidden figures- so far this is the best movie of them all... (have seen La La land, Arrival, Hacksaw Ridge, Hell or High water)

What i respected most about the movie was they expected the viewers to know how hard it was for blacks, the movie didn't really focus on it, even though it was a major theme....

1. Hidden figures
2. Arrival
3. Hell Or High water
4. Hacksaw Ridge
5. La La land

I agree with that ranking, I still think La La Land wins best picture.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best picture wise, I haven't seen Fences or Lion (will watch one of them later today). I like sci-fi, so I'm biased towards Arrival. I can see La La getting it for the lip service to Hollywood musicals past, not that I didn't enjoy that homage near the end. Mel can shoot the hell out of a war movie, but as mentioned before, it was a bit syrupy. I thought all of the performances in Manchester by the Sea were great. Moonlight was okay, didn't care for the editing. Have to give props to the agent for Janelle Monáe. Her first big screen acting appearances and both are nominated for best picture.

I enjoyed the movies I watched so far.

Without having seen Fences, I like Affleck for best actor (part in kind with the hardware he got so far, Denzel got his share as well), that being said, I thought Viggo was awesome in Captain Fantastic. The other two, nope. Good on Garfield, though. He was good in the roles he took on in two films he thought would get academy recognition in Hacksaw and Silence.

Actress in a leading role? Have only caught LaLa, can't comment (other than to say why the fuck wasn't Amy Adams here instead of Emma).

Actor in a supporting role? Bridges reminded me of Jones in No Country for Old Men; Hedges was the angsty teen, but still did a fair enough job; Mahershala was there for a minute, but the way the movie was shot, it didn't last with me. Haven't seen the final two, I always see Patel on every Poster for Lion, so I'm curious to see how he falls into this category. Lastly, Shannon is great in everything, so we'll see. Nothing jumps out at me from the group. Last year when I watched Bridge of Spies, Rylance just jumped out at me. This year, meh.

Actress in supporting role? Again, the three I saw, Williams, Spencer, Harris, none jump out at me.

Animated. Zootopia was one of my favorite films of the year. Kubo was okay. Moana was shit. Didn't catch the other two.

Cinematography. While I haven't seen Lion. Silence should get it in my mind, though if it falls to La La, I think we all know why.

Directing. I'd give it to Lonergan. Film was just solid all around. That being said, Mel with a war movie, always tops. And of course, there's always the love fest for La La. Meh.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Hidden figures
2. Arrival
3. Hell Or High water
4. Hacksaw Ridge
5. La La land
It took the SAG award for best cast performance in motion picture.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have now seen Hell or High Water and Arrival. Neither are "best picture quality", but of the two, I think I would have to go with Arrival.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mistake or intentional?

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best boobs award of the night goes to....

Amy Adams

9ANzP31.jpg

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best boobs award of the night goes to....

Amy Adams

9ANzP31.jpg
Combine that with the image of her flashing her vaj, and you've got a perfect amount of material to jack off to