• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2016-17 Stanley Cup Final Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens win the Stanley Cup on the road. It's what they do.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roenick is looking very orange during the post game.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get to watch rest of the series with my dad...pumped for that. Also please win, because my father is an insufferable sore loser.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was hoping I would wake up in time to catch some of the game... but it doesn't look I missed much. The score tells me everything I need to know. :L WTF #sadface

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scissors should be automatically suspended for that crosscheck to the head at the end of the game.

Let's see if the league bends the rules for the Preds like they do for the Pens. Doubt it, but let's see.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sidney Crosby beating up Piece-a Krap Subban:

desktop-1418062977.jpg

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get to watch rest of the series with my dad...pumped for that. Also please win, because my father is an insufferable sore loser.

And a Pens fan? That's unprecedented!

I kid, I kid

Pens fans are sore WINNERS

:bolt:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He slammed Subbans head into the ice several times. What happened before has consistently NOT been called throughout the playoffs. I don't give a crap if either one was given 2 minutes, but that shit from Crosby was complete garbage
He was trying to get his stick back that Subban was ice humping while curled up on the ice. It just so happened that everytime the pull back down by Subban happened, his head got in the way. I loved every minute of it...

Quit the bitching about penalties, no penalties. Preds got stomped and better show up in Nashville.

Great game by the Pens all around...

Lets go Pens

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was trying to get his stick back that Subban was ice humping while curled up on the ice. It just so happened that everytime the pull back down by Subban happened, his head got in the way. I loved every minute of it...

Quit the bitching about penalties, no penalties. Preds got stomped and better show up in Nashville.

Great game by the Pens all around...

Lets go Pens
It's what the NHL has fostered and promoted. The cancer-like infestation of the old guard and their "hockey plays" demands this type of reaction from Crosby. He's been getting his ass kicked by lesser men for a decade and has been told "that's hockey". Okay. Lets play hockey then motherfuckers.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's what the NHL has fostered and promoted. The cancer-like infestation of the old guard and their "hockey plays" demands this type of reaction from Crosby. He's been getting his ass kicked by lesser men for a decade and has been told "that's hockey". Okay. Lets play hockey then motherfuckers.

Very true...as for that one situation, when asked, you have to give PK Subban a ton of credit post game.

His coach on the other hand...was funny...stating that Crosby crossed checked his head into the ice 10 times. I know it is all posturing but that goes into the whole "old guard" mentality. Also having Mike Milbury on any commentary between periods, for nationally televised games, kills any credibility to the NHL trying to changes it's perceived perception.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true...as for that one situation, when asked, you have to give PK Subban a ton of credit post game.

His coach on the other hand...was funny...stating that Crosby crossed checked his head into the ice 10 times. I know it is all posturing but that goes into the whole "old guard" mentality. Also having Mike Milbury on any commentary between periods, for nationally televised games, kills any credibility to the NHL trying to changes it's perceived perception.
I don't watch pregame or between periods...solves any issue with the commentary.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scissors should be automatically suspended for that crosscheck to the head at the end of the game.

Let's see if the league bends the rules for the Preds like they do for the Pens. Doubt it, but let's see.

This is the finals and he won't be. Truly I didn't think it was suspendable per the actions at that time.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article about the leagues dysfunction.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Ryan-Wilson/The-Sidney-Crosby-Game/177/85647

They would have a leadership award named after Sidney Crosby if he played in the 1980's. I mean, that exact award actually exists and it is named after Mark Messier. A player who was guilty of way worse than whatever Crosby's transgressions are. Messier's behavior is canonized by the league in the form of a leadership award and we are going to blame players for acting like... Mark Messier? Weird dynamic we have on our hands here in 2017.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They would have a leadership award named after Sidney Crosby if he played in the 1980's. I mean, that exact award actually exists and it is named after Mark Messier. A player who was guilty of way worse than whatever Crosby's transgressions are. Messier's behavior is canonized by the league in the form of a leadership award and we are going to blame players for acting like... Mark Messier? Weird dynamic we have on our hands here in 2017.

Good article and sadly very true.

My favorite comment, from the forum section, about the article:

Crosby is okay and tries pretty hard with what little skill he has, but he's no Toews.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 135,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh...I missed this one last night but good thing...so, to catch up on all the comments I would have posted:

Well, shit

Well, shit

Well, shit

Well, shit

Well, shit

Well, shit

Fuck Crosby, he should be suspended

Well, shit...hope game six goes better for Nashville peace out

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great article and I think it really captures it.

I think the part that is so frustrating to me (in addition to the clear double standards everywhere) is the fact that the league always whines about scoring being down and trying to change lots of things to increase the scoring and make the game "more accessible". Plus they spend all season talking about they are cracking down on dangerous play.

If they say it, I just want them to do it. You can say "that's hockey", but we need to question them on if it is. By the NHL's words, it isn't. So either say "Fuck it, this is the way it is and it isn't going to change" or call the playoffs to the same standard as the rest of the season. Saying one thing and doing, in a lot of cases, the direct opposite makes things difficult for long time fans and does nothing to encourage new ones.

Major, passionate market right now is pissed off. And they have every right to be because of that inconsistency.

And their goalie who seems to have a hex placed on him, but no one will ever admit that.