• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Suicide League Discussion

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In defense of McKinnon, Joe - season-long I don't expect much. But with a fifth RB and already with Helu behind Latavius, we weren't looking so much for a reliable handful of points there, but for a backup with an extra chance to start. AP is 30 with 2000 carries, has been out of the game for most of the year, and could be in a weird place dealing with both his team and the fans - not to mention the media. If he struggles a little he may have trouble keeping his head on straight.
You forgot the possibility that he may just say screw it and retire

5/24/2015) Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is reportedly set to skip organized team activities on Tuesday, according to the St. Paul Pioneer Press.
Peterson is frustrated with management in Minnesota for not showing him support through his legal case for child abuse. Peterson has not participated in any offseason activities so far, but skipping Tuesday's workout will cost him $250,000 in bonuses if he does not attend 90 percent of OTAs and minicamps.
Peterson has three years, $44.25 million left on his contract with Minnesota.

I'm not sure what he is hoping to accomplish. He will not make those $$ anywhere else. If he is a holdout this season he'll be a 31yr old two year removed from playing a down. The market would be very limited. In the end, feelings hurt or whatever (not sure exactly what he expected from the team), he has no option but to retire or suit up with the Vikings.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Adrian. Grow up. So you're mad at your team for not "supporting" you? Gimme a freaking break! They are offering millions and millions of their "support". Get over yourself.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, he never plays in preseason. Training camp has never been for him. He's trying to force a trade plain and simple, in my opinion.

I shoulda backed up my belief that he won't be a Viking and taken McKinnon.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, he never plays in preseason. Training camp has never been for him. He's trying to force a trade plain and simple, in my opinion.

I shoulda backed up my belief that he won't be a Viking and taken McKinnon.

I think you are safe unless he retires. .... Vikings hold all the cards.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are safe unless he retires. .... Vikings hold all the cards.

I will be stunned if he retires or even holds out, it makes no sense whatsoever...but it's difficult to figure out how AP thinks.

Jerry is the wild card. Say what you will about him, but what Jerra wants, Jerra gets.

At this point, I am fine with AP leaving. I would just like to see good value received in return.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be stunned if he retires or even holds out, it makes no sense whatsoever...but it's difficult to figure out how AP thinks.
Jerry is the wild card. Say what you will about him, but what Jerra wants, Jerra gets.
At this point, I am fine with AP leaving. I would just like to see good value received in return.

Yea the Cowboys still working out has-been's show they would still be interested but I think the Vikings hold to their guns. Shall see. It would really be ashamed if one of the greatest RB's ever left the game under these circumstances. If he doesn't put ego aside and give us one or two more good years his legacy will revert to recent behavior. Seems to remind me of Tiki Barker, left, bad-mouthed the teams relentlessly during his brief talk-show career - - and what happened - Giants win the superbowl. He lost credibility and is yesterday's news.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea the Cowboys still working out has-been's show they would still be interested but I think the Vikings hold to their guns. Shall see. It would really be ashamed if one of the greatest RB's ever left the game under these circumstances. If he doesn't put ego aside and give us one or two more good years his legacy will revert to recent behavior. Seems to remind me of Tiki Barker, left, bad-mouthed the teams relentlessly during his brief talk-show career - - and what happened - Giants win the superbowl. He lost credibility and is yesterday's news.

Talk about bad career decisions. Although if he had changed his name to Barker, he mighta gotten a gig on Price is Right. ;)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings hold all the cards.

Boom.
It's kind of a no-win situation at this point IMO.
A 30 year-old AP would ideally want to be traded only to a playoff team.
Problem is, most playoff teams are set. And even if AP might be an upgrade at RB, none of these playoff teams are going to give up future draft picks for him. (Unless the GM/owner is crazy.)
Last year's playoff teams: Indy, Cincy, Balt, Pitt, Denver, NE, Det, Dal, GB, Arz, Car, Sea.

Dawg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ta-da!

11167979_932367786827835_5581137522707177352_n.jpg
Hey lefty nice team

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom.
It's kind of a no-win situation at this point IMO.
A 30 year-old AP would ideally want to be traded only to a playoff team.
Problem is, most playoff teams are set. And even if AP might be an upgrade at RB, none of these playoff teams are going to give up future draft picks for him. (Unless the GM/owner is crazy.)
Last year's playoff teams: Indy, Cincy, Balt, Pitt, Denver, NE, Det, Dal, GB, Arz, Car, Sea.

Or unless the GM/owner truly believes that this is their final piece to a Super Bowl this year. And it has to be for this year. At the very very most, next year.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or unless the GM/owner truly believes that this is their final piece to a Super Bowl this year. And it has to be for this year. At the very very most, next year.

I agree. But what will be the breaking point?
Rumors are that AP will hold out until he gets traded. And what will the Vikes consider fair compensation?
Brandon Marshall and Mike Wallace were traded for 5th round picks - and they arguably still have more shelf life than AP. Vikes may not want to settle for less than a 2nd.
If this turns into a lengthy ordeal, Sam/Wil's 14th round pick of McKinnon* will be huge.

* wasn't drafted in the B.​

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But what will be the breaking point?
Rumors are that AP will hold out until he gets traded. And what will the Vikes consider fair compensation?
Brandon Marshall and Mike Wallace were traded for 5th round picks - and they arguably still have more shelf life than AP. Vikes may not want to settle for less than a 2nd.
If this turns into a lengthy ordeal, Sam/Wil's 14th round pick of McKinnon* will be huge.

* wasn't drafted in the B.​

The longer it takes, the uglier it's gonna get. I keep hearing June 16th, we'll see. And yeah, that McKinnon pick will be huge. Still, for a year or two, AP is certainly worth more than a 5th round pick, imo. It's just gotta be under the right circumstances.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer it takes, the uglier it's gonna get. I keep hearing June 16th, we'll see. And yeah, that McKinnon pick will be huge. Still, for a year or two, AP is certainly worth more than a 5th round pick, imo. It's just gotta be under the right circumstances.
I'm really hoping the Vikings don't trade him, because the Cowboys and Cardinals are the most likely landing place for him. That would not be good for my Seahawks.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that AP is now telling close friends that he's considering retirement; his agent is siding with him in refusing to play for the Vikes (although I doubt he's in agreement about the retirement part); and the Vikings standpoint is this (and I'm very loosely paraphrasing) "Well AP, if you want 12 mil, come on and play for us and you can have it. If not, enjoy your life".

Obviously, there is blustering on both sides, but maybe you guys are right and the Vikes are going to stand their ground.

In any event, it is going to get very nasty.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like something similar happened in Detroit a while back. ..there were no winners that time either. ..and Detroit has stunk pretty much ever since

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that AP is now telling close friends that he's considering retirement; his agent is siding with him in refusing to play for the Vikes (although I doubt he's in agreement about the retirement part); and the Vikings standpoint is this (and I'm very loosely paraphrasing) "Well AP, if you want 12 mil, come on and play for us and you can have it. If not, enjoy your life".

Obviously, there is blustering on both sides, but maybe you guys are right and the Vikes are going to stand their ground.

In any event, it is going to get very nasty.

In this suicide league my first round pick came down to CJ Anderson or AP. I just didn't trust that the AP situation would work itself out favorably.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this suicide league my first round pick came down to CJ Anderson or AP. I just didn't trust that the AP situation would work itself out favorably.

hey Fuzz Genie is free for the next few weeks