• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 ATH JoeJuan Williams

"They impressed me a lot. It was amazing," Williams said. "We toured the academic facilities and the dorms. Most of the coaches weren't there, they had a vacation, but coach (John) Jancek came by and showed me around. He showed me the facilities, the stadium everything was nice. It was all top notch. I got to see everything. It was nice."

"I had never been to the University of Tennessee before and I had never been to a stadium that holds 103,000 people," Williams said. "I walked in and I was looking around and my first instinct was to take pictures because I wanted to soak it in. It was amazing. I just kept looking up in the stands and imaging fans cheering."

"I didn't expect the facilities, everything, to be top notch," Williams offered. "Then (Jancek) showed me the construction of the two new football fields and the new the football dorms. That all looked really nice."

"We already have a great relationship because we've already talked before that," Williams said. "It was great. He was just joking around a lot and he made me do pushups because I was standing on the 'T' in the locker room. That was pretty cool." "Coach Jancek and coach Thigpen have both been by the school. I call them and talk to them and we talk about football and about life and we talk about Tennessee," Williams said. "I talk to them two or three times a week."
-VQ

2HJIE03.jpg

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“They’re very cool,” the Brentwood, Tenn., resident said. “Talking with Butch and coach Z and those guys, they’re really high energy. They really want me. I give them a look all the time. They’re just a great school. I know I can fit that offense very well.”

“I’m going to try to make my decision in the summer,” Jefferson said. “Me and my coach and my parents are going to get this list down. I’m going to make my decision from there.”
-Scout

Van Jefferson

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I can't wait to get started," McDowell said. "Just to be around the rest of the guys and build a bond is going to be awesome. I've been working on my own and now I'm ready to go to work."

"I've been working on my technique and just focusing on my individual improvement," McDowell said. "Some of the guys from our area have gotten together for some 7-on-7 work and it's been good to compete."

"Just getting Tennessee back to it's rightful place in the SEC," McDowell said. "We want to be on top and I feel like we are headed in the right direction. I want to bring energy to our team and reclaim our state."

Was there ever a moment when you thought UT was the place for you?

"I'd say it was on a phone call with coach Jones," McDowell said. "We spent about 30-45 minutes on the phone and he made a commitment to me pitching the family atmosphere. I wanted to show I was loyal to him and he made it clear he would be loyal to me, but he couldn't make any promises. It meant a lot to me."
-VQ

Cortez McDowell

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This prospect has been a little all over the map. UVA & Oklahoma in there with UT. He loves to take visits and is currently undecided. I think UT signing K. McKenzie will help tremendously in Settle's recruitment because he would love to play next to another elite DT. Does Tennessee end up landing Settle? Right now, I would say yes they do.

-247Sports, National Recruiting Analyst, JC Shurburtt.

Tim Settle

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of recruits are wanting to see improvement before committing. If we make a bowl game, then I think well have another excellent recruiting class.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RICKY DEBERRY LB/DE, 6-2/245, RICHMOND, VA.
DeBerry has long been a top Tennessee target and that continues to hold true for the hybrid defensive end/linebacker. DeBerry has seen Tennessee on several occasions, most recently with friend Tim Settle and while DeBerry hasn't officially narrowed anything down Tennessee is firmly in the mix.

While DeBerry does claim a top 20, the most chatter with DeBerry continues to center around Tennessee, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss and just a few others. But, again, Tennessee is very much in the mix here.
-VQ

Ricky DeBerry

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reynolds' name jumped on Tennessee board this spring after Willie Martinez went to Greensboro several times to see what the buzz was about with the member of the 'All-Name Team.' The talented cornerback plans to be at Tennessee on June 21 for its 'Orange Carpet' day.

He and fellow Greensboro native and current Vol Emmanuel Moseley know each other and talk about the Vols frequently. Virginia Tech still holds Reynolds' commitment, but the Vols are going to be real players for Reynolds down the road it looks like, with several other schools like North Carolina, as he continues to explore his options.
-VQ

Mook Reynolds

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/4-star QB Torrance Gibson now has Auburn listed as his new leader after his visit

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kahlil McKenzie

- There’s a will to win there. You feel like it's like a calm before a storm, I guess. They're bringing in guys that want to win. They're bringing in good guys. The coaching staff is great. The fans are really behind the team, and they haven't been winning in a while. It feels like a good place to go if you really want to just start up something and really get going and see how far you can take it.

- I mean, everything about them, I love. I love the coaching staff. I love some of the guys that they’re bringing in, some of the guys that might go there, some of the guys that have already committed. They've got a really good group of guys there. The fans, like I've said before, they're the best. They really have the full package. I mean, I have my family there and all that kind of stuff.
- Kahlil McKenzie

.the Vols need a truly elite defensive tackle or two who are no-doubt contributors from day one. Kahlil McKenzie is that kind of talent, as is 5-star Tim Settle, who is also very high on the Vols. They need a big-framed mauler who has the size and athleticism to make an impact early.

At 6'4", 309 pounds, McKenzie has the size, and he has all the intangibles that make him an elite prospect. Getting him to commit would be a cornerstone to Butch Jones' rebuilding process.

McKenzie knows how important he is to UT's turnaround, and he will almost assuredly surge into the two-deep if the Vols can get him signed and on campus.

- Kahlil McKenzie has orange blood flowing through his veins.

His father Reggie played at Austin-East High School in Knoxville and was a linebacker for the Vols in the early 1980s before being drafted by the Los Angeles Raiders. His uncle Raleigh was a star offensive lineman for UT who enjoyed a long career in the NFL.

Reggie McKenzie later was an assistant under coach Phillip Fulmer in 1993. Kahlil's godfather is UT and NFL legend Reggie White.

McKenzie still has family who live all over the state, and as many ties as he has with UT, it's difficult to see him choosing Arizona.

Also, there's the fact that every single legacy commitment that Butch Jones has aggressively pursued, he has gotten to commit to UT*. That list includes Dillon Bates, Todd Kelly Jr., Evan and Elliott Berry, Neiko Creamer, Vic Wharton and Cecil Cherry*.

- Everything is leaning toward McKenzie being the biggest pledge in UT's 2015 recruiting class.
- B/R

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to imagine him not being a Vol come NSD. Dude is a beast and exactly what we need on our D-line.

MHK7IvmFDQ2

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Jerome Baker continues to say Ohio State, Tennessee and Florida are the three schools that are sticking out to him right now. He's scheduled to be at Ohio State's Friday Night Lights this summer and some believe that will be an event to watch and see if he makes a decision there. But, Tennessee and Florida are in it and he's certainly interested."
-Fortenberry

Jerome Baker

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Drew Richmond was the last guy to get here and we chatted for a few minutes. He said his last Alabama visit went really well and the Tide helped themselves with the visit. He also visited Ole Miss on Tuesday and said he was able to workout with their OL coach and that was really good."

"The only other trip right now set up is to UCLA. He's not sure if he will make it back up to Tennessee right now before his Sept. 9 scheduled announcement. One interesting note is that Richmond said he may push that date back, but for right now it's still Sept. 9."
-Fortenberry

Drew Richmond

Doesn't sound too good for us. Would suck to miss out on such a huge instate talent, at a position of need.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5* JuCo DT DJ Jones just named Tennessee his leader